Towne Lake Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Arthur Hills (1994)

Single Allowed No

Did Not Get to Play

Got there at 7:30 am for 8:30 tee time. Range was not ready and there was a frost delay. Got very little info even though they still were booking tee times. Finally left at 10am without playing and no idea when I would tee off. Am not going back. Very little communication and no apologies for the delay.

Commented on 01/19/2021

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (770) 592-9969. Thank you for playing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Woodstock Jewel

Great course, a little wet...cart path only nice greens

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you for your review, Derrick. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Hi, Derrick. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Solid course, can get fairly mucky in the winter

Towne Lake Hills is gonna be one of your better public courses in the area, especially if you can get a decent Hot Deal. It's well-maintained, always play tough, and is overall just a nice walk in the woods. Just be aware that with the nature of Georgia weather, this course can get a little messy with leaves in the fall and wet conditions on days after a frosty morning. Nothing that will ruin the experience, but expect to clean your clubs and shoes after the round.

Commented on 01/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome the feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so happy you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 12/14/2020

Hi, Matthew. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Great course! Great weather! Good times!

Wished it was recognized that we weren’t the cause of the pace of play backing but it was due to others in front of us who were obviously skipping holes! We were rushed by a Ranger who was more concerned with the what he was hearing from others than the facts. I was playing with my son for the 1st time in a while and it put a little bit of a damper on the day. In the end it should be about the enjoyment of playing golf and not about the worrying about the few that are impatient.

Commented on 12/13/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club! Thank you for the 4-star rating!

Great course- wish it was walkable

Loved the course- fun and challenging layout. I usually love to walk but this course is 100% NOT walkable. Other than that- would totally play it again.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello, u314159402958. Thank you for visiting us at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course!

I really enjoyed my round at Town Lake Hills! Its a fun course with a challenging layout - not many straight away bomber holes. The greens were in great shape and rolled very fast! The rough was a bit high - we lost a few balls that definitely were in play, just nestled down in the second cut. That's probably more of an indication of my ability than the course conditions! :) The starter and ranger were some of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of speaking with. Great experience - will certainly return!

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, kjones2. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Good course slow pace

Slow pace. Teed off at 1:54 left at hole 16 at 5:45 cause it was to dark.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, u5895752. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful course, leaves a little out of control

My threesome was grouped with a solo player on a Monday 8:20 AM tee time the week of Thanksgiving, so I would expect to be grouped with others just about every time if you have less than four. Course looked great and played pretty tough from the blue tees. I am certainly not a good golfer, but I at least had a chance at GIR just about every hole.

The biggest issue during the fall seems to just be the insane amount of leaves that the trees that completely surround every hole are dumping. More than a few tee boxes were almost completely covered other than a small cleared circle that the party before us had hit from. Also, there were three separate occasions where one of us hit a ball clearly in play just off the fairway, all four of us seeing it from the tees, and then being unable to find it just because of the sheer amount of leaves. Definitely bring a high vis ball if you plan to miss the fairways at all.

Other than that, Towne Lake Hills is gorgeous and should be a challenge even for low handicap golfers. Just make sure you stay strict with the pace of play or you will definitely have the marshals breathing down your neck.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, u639267138. Thank you for visiting us at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course!

Being from Louisiana, I loved the hills and turns. Was more challenging to me than the rating stated. Will definitely play again next time I’m in Atlanta

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, kurtisleaux. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Nice fall course

Nice round in the fall. Leaves removed from the main part of the course. Greens still rolling pretty quickly.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314160026187! Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

A little slow today...

Pace was slow; other than that always a good time

Commented on 11/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, UACats91! Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello, Topheavy. Thank you for visiting us at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice Fall Round

My second time playing Towne Lake. Course overall was in good shape, but leaves could have been blown off the greens. I'll be back.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Needs a lot of work

Tee boxes are a mess littered with broken tees and unfilled divots as well as very unlevel grounds. Fairways are decent, rough area is not in good shape! All areas off the holes are covered in leaves, impossible to find ball without stepping on it. Greens are beat up badly with unrepaired pitch marks as well as helicopter leaves. Very little sand in traps as well as bottles on cart, filled a few divots and was empty. For close to 70 dollars I expect much higher standards but I guess in our current times price gouging is going to take place. Seems as if the maintenance staff must be cutting back but for whatever reason their were at least 6 or 7 cart boys, starter, marshall, etc. standing around mostly! Could use a one or 2 guys on the actual golf course and make big improvements very quickly and easily! Disappointed in this club that used to be a good track, that unfortunately is no longer the case!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hi, u000006818471. We're very sorry for the experience you had at our course. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Be careful

The course is very nice . However not a single staff member was wearing a mask . As a physician in the area I know there are plenty of cases of COVID in the area . Please be aware of the risk you are taking. By playing there .
Also starters quite rude and ranger told us to hurry up when we had just waited in the prior hole.

Woodstock, Georgia