Towne Lake Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Arthur Hills (1994)

Single Allowed No

Couldn’t finish

Pace of play was pretty slow on front nine (2 1/2 hours). When we pulled up to the 10th tee, there were 3 foursomes already there - and in absolutely no rush. I realized our group wouldn’t finish until we’ll after 7pm, so I had to bail. Staff was very nice about it and gave me a 9-hole rain check. Still, I don’t understand how that backup could have suddenly happened.

Commented on 06/24/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Good condition!

I was surprised by the condition of the course, with all the hot, dry weather we’ve been having. Only problems on the green were caused by golfers not repairing their own ball marks. The staff, as always, was very nice. Pace of play was 5 stars because it was so hot there were hardly any golfers out there.

Commented on 06/21/2022

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 06/17/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

No golf etiquette

Could have been a good day on the golf course except that there are some really Richard heads out playing golf. Got behind a threesome on the third hole and was behind them all day. Absolute no golf etiquette shown by these three so-called golfers..Wouldn’t let me play through even though there was an open hole or more ahead of them.I just watched and shook my head in amazement as they hit ball after ball,drove up in front of most of the greens instead of the cart path, and didn’t even repair any ball marks on the fairways or greens .Absolutely shocking.
The staff friendliness in the clubhouse and the starter were fine but didn’t see a Ranger after the second hole which was a shame. Only saw the cart girl on the first hole which was strange since it was probably around 96°. There is water coolers located on some of the tea boxes which is a good thing. The course conditions were fine and the only problem is the amount of ball marks on the green‘s which people do not repair.Even saw some marks on the greens were it look like someone just slammed their club .It is hard to understand why these people want to play golf if they abuse the course and have no respect or etiquette for the game.They can’t even read the simple instructions on the scorecard. This is a good course with lots of challenging holes but they really need one or two Rangers out there monitoring there clientele.Would definitely recommend this course and will play again but hopefully have a lot better experience

Commented on 06/17/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Towne Lake Hills Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/14/2022

Big change in staff hospitality

Nice day on this golf course.The course is in good to very good condition from tee boxes to the greens.Not a lot of flat llies but fairways are in good shape and there are a lot of yardage markers in the fairways.The greens are in good shape and would be even better if people would repair their ball marks.Nice driving range and practice area.
Did not see a cart person all day but there are water coolers at some of the tee boxes.The pace of play was good and our foursome finished in 4 hours.
The biggest thing I noticed was the vast improvement of the staff in the clubhouse.the starter and the ranger.It makes playing there a lot more enjoyable when the staff have a good attitude .

Commented on 06/17/2022

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/10/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Course is challenging

Played here for the first time. The course is challenging with elevation changes. The greens are interesting with multi level holes. It took us over 5 hours. Getting to the next hole is a haul on some of the holes. Overall, I would recommend this course.

Commented on 06/07/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We also pologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. We will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope to see you again soon!

What a gem!

First time playing here, will definitely be back. The course winds through some neighborhoods, so getting to a few holes is quite a drive but its well worth it. I saw many deer and other wildlife along the way.

I'm a 13 handicapper, the course was very fair and gives you wide landing areas off the tee. The greens are relatively flat and were in great shape. Every shot i hit in the fairway had really nice bermuda grass, no dead spots or weeds.

Overall not a challenging course, but definitely a fun one for me. Lots of scenic views.

Commented on 05/31/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club.

Pace of play

I have played this course many times over the years. This time I played at 10:30 in the morning. That may have had something to do with this but there was great presence on the course of marshals who were clearly monitoring the pace of play and moving people along. That’s the one complaint I’ve had about this place for years. I’ve actually left twice in the past because the round went on too long and it was just absurd. At those times, the pace of play was 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I’m not making that up. Congratulations to the ownership for paying attention to this important detail and making some serious progress. I hope it continues. It’s a good layout, reasonably well-maintained, and a good value option.

Commented on 05/31/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Great Round

We played early to beat the heat and congestion. Great round, pace was a little slow on the front 9 but moved decent on the back. Course layout was great with nice bathrooms on course. Some of the water coolers were filled which was nice. A young man cleaned my clubs at the end without asking and I thought it was great!! Will definitely be back.

Commented on 05/25/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Towne Lake Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/24/2022

Course was in great shape, and everyone was really nice. Played with another group because I was solo. Only reason I gave it 4/5 stars was the pace of play was horrible. Had to wait on every tee, and then there were groups playing around each other. Other than that, a great time.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 05/25/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Birthday 4 some

We had a late tee time and I was impressed with the facilities and the course first time playing it. I will definitely be back to play again

Commented on 05/24/2022

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Towne Lake Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Acworth, Georgia
Canton, Georgia
Roswell, Georgia
Kennesaw, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.