2.3

Architect George Cobb (1967) MacCurrach Golf

Dress code No Tank Tops or Cutoffs

Bar, Snacks, Grill

A good day

Played on Christmas Eve. Course was busy early but thinned out in a couple hours. Still a little wet but played ok. More rain coming later and likely will be too wet to play the next few days.

My first time

Very friendly staff. Despite the wet conditions the course was fun to play. Greens are small which makes the course challenging. Overall a great experience and fun.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thanks for the 4 Star rating. We appreciate you playing the course. Watch as we continue to "Revitalize Mary Calder".

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Mary Calder Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thanks for the 3 Star rating. We appreciate you playing with us and hope you return.

What could we have done better to receive a 4 Star rating from you? Thanks!

Not Happy

course was a mess. 3 of the holes were not open. This wasnpt stated on Tee Off. No course management.

Commented on 06/04/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mary Calder Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 05/30/2020

I apologize about 3 holes being closed on the day you played. The fairways were being aerified. Feel free to contact GolfNow and ask for a refund, I will approve if GolfNow contacts us. Or contact me personally and I will make it right. 912-238-7100 and ask for Paul Johnson, PGA

Was not able to play

Due to a storm the night before, the course was full of water and we were unable to play as the course was closed. I am a beginner and find the course to be in decent shape and a variety of levels of difficulty. Staff is outstanding! Paul Johnson goes out of his way to make you feel welcome!!!

Commented on 05/30/2020

Sorry about the weather, but appreciate the 4 Star Review. Hope to see you again.

Unbelievable

The worst golf course I have ever played It showed a hot deal at 22 dollars .and I get it it's was cheap..You drive thru a large paper plant and trains are within a 60 degree wedge..I really have never gave a bad review to a business.and I really feel bad because it hurts people's pay...We paid for 18 only played 9...

Commented on 03/23/2020

Commented on 03/23/2020

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Mary Calder Golf Club.

Unforgettable

Course is in horrible shape, tee boxes could use a weed eater. Not sure about mowing of other areas. Had a little higher expectations with its affiliation with First Tee.

Greens like carpet and not sure when the bunkers were last touched.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Mary Calder Golf Club.

Not a good experience

I wasn’t impressed with this course. Staff was friendly. Pace of play was good, but considering it was a Saturday hardly any golfers.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mary Calder Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Sorry for the "not a good experience." Appreciate the staff comment and pace of play was good.

What could we have done in order to earn a 3 Star rating from you? Thanks!

Really good course for the money. Greens really good. Fairway aren’t bad

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Mary Calder Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

average

greens are in great shape bunkers aren't managed. fairways are decent. ballwashers are broken and no towels. staff is extremely nice. amenities are ok.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed and honest review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 10/14/2019

u314159660927,

Thanks you for 5-Star rating. The course has been improving over the last two years. We have more improvement plans and will continue our steady progress.

Cow pasture

Waste of time and money there's nothing I can say positive about the course go play crosswinds not here

Commented on 10/14/2019

Sorry we are not Augusta National... our course was built in 1937 and our revitalization plan has our course in solid shape. We don't agree with your assessment and have reported your comment due to "trolling".

If you would like a refund, please contact myself at 912-238-7100 and ask for Paul Johnson, Certified PGA professional.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Mary Calder Golf Club.

Just a great day...

I love MC because Paul and Cameron are great people. They treat me well everytime I play. First I was a super at a 9 hole executive course in Florida with very little budget and labor like MC, and it's a struggle. I can play tee to green all the time. Great course to work on your game. Least MC has grass on the greens not like some in the area. 195 yard par 3 with a quarter size green not so easy. Great mix of dog legs left and rights. If your struggling with your game, great course to go to. Pace of play......outstanding. Thanks to the retirees to give up their time for the say to assist in some course maintenance. You dont have to go pay 100 bucks to have a great time playing golf.

GolfNSVNA,

Thank you for the compliments on the staff and course. We strive to treat everyone well.

Great value -fun course

First off, trust the gps. It IS amongst the paper mill. Second, it’s not a class A course. . The greens aren’t smooth and the fairway is rough.
BUT. The people were friendly, the pace was great, the value is awesome and my husband and I had a blast !! We would definitely go again if we were in the area.

u314159597918,

You are absolutely right with GPS. The course was built in 1937 when nothing was around us. Now we are in the middle of everything.

Appreciate the compliments!

Poor conditions

Nine hole course that is in the middle of an industrial park. The grass hadn’t been cut in a week. Patches of heavy grass in the middle of the fairways. Greens extremely slow. Also hadn’t been cut in days. Don’t waste your time or money.

u1318719,

Sorry about the course conditions. Our maintenance staff priority was the installation of a new enlarged putting green and several basic tasks were pushed aside. We are back with conditioning so give us a try.

Commented on 07/12/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be aware that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to making the necessary changes before your next round. Thanks for visiting Mary Calder Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 07/02/2019

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Mary Calder Golf Club.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for playing our course on Monday. I was curious the specific issues with:
* Friendliness of staff
* Amenities
* Conditions

Would like to know what steps we could take as a course to improve. Thanks for you constructive criticism.

Mary Calder Golf Club

More bang than you’d expect

I’m a single digit player and this course intrigues me. The blue tees are difficult and it makes for a competitive round. It’s cheap, the greens are in great shape, the fairways are tight, and the bunkers are well kept. Can’t beat it for the money.

Commented on 06/21/2019

ajvanzyl,

Thanks for the positive comments about the course. We have been working to "revitalize" the course and the efforts have been great. Thanks for your support and keep smiling!

3.1923058824