A sunny day view of a well protected green from The Club At Savannah Harbor.

The Club at Savannah Harbor is steeped in Southern charm, offering dramatic views that span from the surrounding wetlands of the Back River to Savannah's famous Historic District. Sam Snead and Bob Cupp designed the golf course. Their ultimate goal was to bring to life the philosophy of "risk and reward." For example, a well executed shot placed near a hazard is rewarded with less club to the green or a better approach angle, or even both. The putting surfaces have gentle transitions to different pin locations, making them more traditional than modern. The designers incorporated another classic design element, the greens have subtle roll-offs or collars that fall away, a feature of golf courses from the 1930s and 40s. Golfers can also use the club's large, duel-ended practice facility.

The Club at Savannah Harbor Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Sam Snead (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Andrew Rice Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Thick Rough 31

C'Mon Man

I looked at prior reviews before booking and they are valid. This is a Troon managed course however the B Team grounds crew . Grass clipping everywhere rough shaggy. There is no neglect of course quality treatments, cart paths , carts all good. No rake in tramps C'mon Man, two groups of 5 golfer hacks in front of us no marshall. We played through. New greens are new so I expected and experienced hard bumpy greens they are also very large lag putting slow. Only $50 so I'll be back for those who paid $$$$$ not until Troon wakes up.

Cmon man

I looked at earlier reviews and most were accurate, course very nice I've played over last 5 years however grounds keeping was poor it team B work. This is a Troon managed course they the best but whoever doin the grounds since renovation not doing it right. There is no course neglect all Troon details present including treatment but grass clipping everywhere, no racks in bunkers, rough very deep lost two balls off fairways and there were two groups of 5 players golfing no Marshall we explained golf rules to them let us through. C'mon man. I booked early afternoon under $50 and was satisfied at that price I see some golfer's paying $100+ not gonna happen until Troon picks up the grounds keeping and Marshall the hacks.

Great location, layout and staff. Back 9 greens need love.

We played towards the end of the golfing season and the course was just about starting to go dormant so I gave it some slack. However the real disappointment for the course were the back 9 greens. They had a lot of impurities, patches and uneven repairs. They need another good growing season for these to be fixed.

Not as good as should be

Played here before and really like this layout. I played today by myself. Nobody around, maybe 3 groups on the course. Read previous reviews and all were true.
Rough was very high, even though it was being cut today.. I saw maybe 2 dozen balls that had been run over by the mower that were cut up. A few fairways very wet. Greens were firm, and a little bumpy, which I understand due to renovation earlier this year.
This is not a $160 golf course right now. Still worth playing if you can get a good rate.

Commented on 09/30/2022

Hello, jegarris. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not worth the price

Nice club house.
Limited number of driving range slots.
Rough was entirely too high. We lost 5 balls that were good drives but missed the fairway by a few yards.
The greens were very bumpy. Really not what you expect from a $165 resort course.

Commented on 09/26/2022

Hello u314163388269, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Commented on 09/26/2022

Hello, u314159793280. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Club at Savannah Harbor. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Good course a bit pricey

I don’t think this course is worth the $150+ they charge for regular rounds. However it is a challenging course that is well taken care of. The course has fully recovered from their construction and back to normal.

Commented on 09/26/2022

Hi, u335270954. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Commented on 09/28/2022

Hello, dgwjew. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Club at Savannah Harbor. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Only for hot deal price

Luckily I got this for the ~$60 hot deal. Otherwise would not be worth it. Their new greens aren’t even in good condition. Rough is so long it just disappears if not in the fairway.

Don’t get me wrong the layout and course it self was fun and in good condition but no where near worth the price they normally are charging since re-opening.

HUGE Disappointment

What a huge disappointment this course was. We played on a Hot Deal so fortunately it was only 50 bucks but if I had paid $120 to play this golf course I would have been livid! They should be ashamed of themselves for charging this much. That is a $50 golf course in the condition it's in. Period. And it really is a crying shame because the layout is solid. Really nice views and some great holes.

And lets talk about the senior tees. I played with my 77 y/o father who hits it about 210 off the tee. Probably pretty average for a senior. Why, IN GOD'S NAME, would you have a par 5 measuring 558, another one measuring 515, a 200 yard par 3, and a handful of par 4's that are almost 400 yards? I've never in my life seen this. It made the round impossible for him. It's just plain stupid.

As a said...a huge disappointment.

Commented on 09/21/2022

Hello UmphPhan, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements following our renovations. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Club at Savannah Harbor.

HUGE Disappointment

As a said...a huge disappointment.

Commented on 09/21/2022

September 16th

We drove up from Orlando and played a few rounds. We played at 3pm and the views from the course as the sun was setting were amazing. However, the course was very wet, easy to lose balls in the rough. The fairways, while they were mowed, because of how wet it was there were many times where it was extremely uneven. Once this area gets a break from the rain and things can dry up the course will be back up to the value for the money.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Thanks so much for the review and for your feedback, rkroyston. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Disappointing

Pretty disappointing round for the price. This was the most expensive course we played on our trip and was hands down the worst conditions we played all weekend. Tee boxes were burnt/mud, greens that were newly renovated were in terrible shape. There are a number of great courses in the Savannah area so save yourself the money and go elsewhere.

Shameful

Played last year and it was fantastic. This year they should be ashamed to charge $126 and send anyone out to play a course in that condition. Clumps of cut grass on all fairways. If they had been honest and told me I wouldn’t have gone out.

Commented on 09/14/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Not worth the price.

This course is one of the best in Savannah. It has been closed for several months. The course opened back up September 1, 2022. Thought I was in for a spectacular day. It was a surprise when I got out on the course and the fairways have not been cut and the greens was not up to standard. I know it’s been a rainy end of the month of August and into September.

Not up to standards. I can not see paying more than $25 at this point. But will try again in a few weeks because it’s a great track and I know it can get better.

Commented on 09/13/2022

Hello Juan2071779, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Commented on 04/19/2022

Hi, RG53816B196A04AA914C. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Good course

I love this course and try to play it wherever I am in town. The course conditions were above average except for the greens. Surprisingly they rolled better than I expected. It is my understanding that they are redoing all of the greens. I play about 3 days a week and when I go out of town I expect to play good courses. I would recommend this course to anyone. The course had power problems so we had no food or beverage from inside. Beverage cart was excellent along with the starter. Great staff

Commented on 04/11/2022

Hello, u000006743058. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Lively

Greens well maintained. Design was nice.Fairways in good condition. One should be aware that there are Alligators out on the course. Since I am from California, that threw my game off a little bit. Nice course.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Hello, u000004922629. Thank you for visiting us at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review and are so glad to hear you enjoyed your round. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Stay Away

Extremely disappointed in this course. Great website but it goes down hill from there.

No staff to greet you or help you get started. Limited hours on the snack bar.

Course is in horrible shape throughout and the on-course restrooms are a disgrace (see photo).

There are way better options in the area. Stay away from this one

Commented on 04/11/2022

Hi, oE1fGfZMle6ZUTQNLjcR. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor. We hope to see you again soon.

The course condition was not great. Not much grass on the fairways. It is also too open to be a great challenge.

Commented on 04/06/2022

it's hard to believe we're talking about the same course... I played on 3/29/2022 and the fairways were perfect.

Savannah, Georgia
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
AMELIA ISLAND, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI Amelia Island Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Amelia River Golf Club, Fernandina Beach Golf Club, and Oak Marsh Course at OMNI Amelia Island.