Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.

Fox Run Golf Links

Year Built 1983
Fairways Blue Grass

Bar, Snacks

Near the Airport 8

Commented on 09/11/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, songboun. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hello, u314160023829. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi, kwalders. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Feeling of disrespect and talked down to

I recognize the actions/attitudes of one starter or ranger don’t reflect the organization as a whole, but I felt absolutely disrespected.

To start, the group in front was walking off the 1st green. As we were getting ready to tee it up, my group was told to “hold up” from teeing off because we arrived at the tee a few minutes before our scheduled time. I accepted this. In fact, I applauded that he held us up as to not run into the group in front.

However, after walking to our carts off the 9th green, my group was asked to pick up the pace, which I respect, however part of the starter/ranger’s reasoning for asking us to pick up the pace was there were 2 foursomes behind us (one on the fairway, and one waiting on the tee box).

note: these two groups were playing a best ball scramble.

When I explained to the gentleman that approached us, “we can pick it it up, but those two groups are playing a best ball scramble.”

He responded, “I don’t care.”

He continued to tell us that there was an open hole in front of us, and that his time had us 10 minutes behind pace, which is fine. I completely understand he has a job to do. However, by the time we arrived to the 10th tee, according to our cart GPS, we were 2 minutes ahead of pace.

At this point that’s neither here nor there. Pace of play is and will continue to be a issue, but being told, “I DON’T CARE.” Is completely unacceptable.

Side note: we teed off at 10:30am and finished at 2:41pm (4 hours and 11 minutes; score card has a pace of play 4 hours and 15 minutes)

Cart fee

When booking, it says cart fee included. As no indication in your confirmation, golf courses tell me to pay for the cart. Please indicate it somewhere in the confirmation.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Hello u4590344. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi, Robert2785241. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

I love this course

It's fun, challenging and you use every club in the bag.
The staff keeps the place in great shape and I have to say, the 13th hole is currently living rent free in my head. One of these days I'll par the miserable thing. If it's the same day I die, I'll have birdied that miserable thing.

Here's to the next attempt!

Commented on 08/07/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Brett3213055. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! The 13th hole is definitely a tough one, good luck out there! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Fun Course

Course is in great shape and pace for a Sunday afternoon was very good.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for your review, lori8229748. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Worth the trip

Relatively short, but don't be fooled. Few straight holes, and water is in play on a fee. Uneven lies are everywhere, and the greens have lots of undulations. Every club in your bag will be needed here. Course is beautifully manicured and well maintained. A must play.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Alfred3861559. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Commented on 07/28/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u2853356. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/23/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Brett3213055. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Fun Course

Had not played here in awhile so we weren't sure what to expect, but the course was in great shape. The starter and rangers are old guys like me so they were very nice to us and made the round more enjoyable. We got a great deal on Golfnow so that made it even better. Hope to return soon!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Your feedback is important to us, owlbrk80. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Don’t Let This Course OutFox Your:)

This course while perceptually may look easy as you stare down the fairways, you must play smart golf and as always hit it straight. Staff was super nice, especially the starter and course ranger(s).

Commented on 07/08/2020

Thank you for your review, dwaynelbates. We will pass along your positive experience to our ranger and starter. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

again

I think I rated this course a few weeks ago. Good. course but bad system on ur part as you ask me to rate a course every time I play it and it is a redundant pain. You have asked me to review Meadowood in fort pierce FL numerous times. In this computer era, in which I am way behind the times, there must be a way to fix this. Anyway, I love golfnow

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hi kirbmug24. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for pointing out this issue! Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Course has fast and undulating greens

You must pay close attention to the whole picture on your putting or you'll be three putting all day!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hey db030813, we will pass along your positive experience to our team at Fox Run Golf Links. The greens can be a little tricky out there, great observation and thanks for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I went there with my daughter and we had a great experience. This was her first time golfing this year and she throughly enjoyed the course. We thought the starter was very friendly and easy to talk to. We weren’t rushed and were able to enjoy the course at our own pace. The course did play fast, we finished 9 holes in less than 2 hours.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u798844173! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/16/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u488436568. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/16/2020

kirbmug24, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (847) 228-3544. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Wood Dale, Illinois