Willow Springs Country Club

Architect Ellis Maples

Walking Allowed Yes, on weekdays only

Swimming

Golf etiquette

Wonderful course Great condition, a good golf challenge. The 4 some in front of ours were obviously inexperienced, and that’s ok, we have All been there. BUT.... learn the game. Learn Golf Etiquette. When you are “ pushed” constantly by a 4 some behind you, allow them thru. They will get out of your way and it’s more enjoyable for everyone. Waiting literally 7-10 minutes between shots is NOT fun golf. We literally had to “ bypass” these guys and skip a hole, which I HATE doing, but they left us NO choice. Where was the Marshall? We all have been inexperienced and that’s OK. But Learn the game. And this includes golf etiquette

Besides that, nice course and great round.
We WILL be back and I hope we don’t get stuck behind these guys again...

Hit em good
D

Good course to play anytime

Never played here before but will definitely be going back. Great value to play even on weekends. Course is suffering a little from lack of rain but all of them are right now. Overall very pleased with the layout and greens were for the most part very nice to putt on.

Willow Springs Great Value

Wonderful day for golf on a great value course. Will be back again.

Awful experience

Worst golf experience ever! Course is in horrible condition, greens are nothing but dirt, and EVERYONE was rude. Staff didn’t want to be bothered and even the other players were rude and made me feel so uncomfortable from the first tee I actually left after the 5th hole!

Commented on 04/30/2021

I know what you mean. Johnston country club is the same way. These people who are members of "semi" private clubs treat other golfers very rude. Relax...it's only golf.

Old School Course, Nice! Awesome!

Everything about the course is fantastic! Now my review is based on what I pay for a tee time and cart! 15 bucks you cannot complain at all. My outstanding review is based on that. Go and pay 40-60 bucks on your “No Complaints” type of course! Have at it! But this course is a course I play 6 times or more a year and it’s worth the drive from Raleigh without a doubt! I’m all in for tee times 15-20 bucks. It’s a course inwhich I’d pay to practice on and hit shots and it’s better than paying 12 to 15 bucks for a bucket of balls to practice on a range Matt with....Great Course!

Not worth your time

Everything was dead, greens were like putting on packed sand painted brown. Very wet all over the course, lost 2 balls on a par 3 because they buried in the mud algae and could not be found. A little bit of effort at course maintenance would go along way without spending a bunch of money.

Made tee time and 5 or 6 groups of classes were placed in front of us. Course is in pretty rough shape, but may be due to still early in the year.

OK course

This course is in average shape...some greens are burnt out...rough. Overall a good place though.

Classic...but disappointing....

Classic old style course with a lot of history. Conditions not great, but good enough for the price ($25). The course showed as being wide open with tee times available every ten minutes, all afternoon. So living in Wake Forest and only being a single, I figured I’d get around pretty quickly...even walking. I was wrong. When checking in, the guy in the shop said they had an alternate shot tournament going on (parent/child). I went ahead and decided to play. I didn’t mind the slow play as I was just out for practice and exercise...but only got through 6 holes in 2 hours when I quit. Not because of the slow play...but because the greens keeper decided to jump out and change pin positions on two different greens when I was ready to hit. On 7, a par 3, he did it knowing I was standing on the tee ready to hit....unreal. I walked off at that point. I even told one of the managers as I was walking to my car and he didn’t even apologize....Totally clueless...I won’t be back and won’t recommend to others.

Old Time Gem

Started playing here alot lately because it's not busy and I can practice alittle more on course. The staff is really nice, course is nice and I don't know why they're not busier to be honest. I don't like reviewing courses on golfnow because if I rate it really high they raise the golf fees! Go figure! Course has alot of history being established/built in 1915. Very nice set up with no crazy holes out in front of you. The only negative I have of this place is when you get a small 3 dollar bag of balls to hit on the range prior to your round it only has like 20 balls in it! I'm like are you kidding me! But anyway.....Nice course and highly recommend you check it out. I'll be back for sure. I drive all the way there from Morrisville NC.

REAL Golf

The staff is very friendly and this course has so much history. Most courses today are pretentious and high priced. Almost as if golf is being given back to the elite. This course is inspired by Donald Ross and has been around since 1915. The price is affordable to ALL golfers and it's challenging but fair. A fantastic walking course because there are is no wasted space or huge elevation changes. This course might be my favorite since moving to the area over a year ago.

Awesome Value

It's hard for me to believe this course is only rated 3 stars. Well maintained fairways and greens. Played on a weekend for around 20 dollars. Terrific value and very pleasant course!

Wilson, North Carolina
Selma, North Carolina
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Louisburg, North Carolina
Snow Hill, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.