Carolina National Golf Club boasts a 27-hole layout designed by Fred Couples. Situated along the banks of the Lockwood Folly River, the course encapsulated the beauty of the low country. The holes are divided into three nines that are named after the birds that can be seen throughout the course: Egret, Heron, and Ibis. Couples placed an emphasis on preserving the rich natural landscape and wildlife, earning the golf course designation as an Audubon Sanctuary. They each have unique designs but they all have challenging greens that are some of the best in the area. The Egret nine will reward long, strong drives. This and the Heron nine are home to the six holes that play along the river. These are some of the most visually stunning holes. Carolina National Golf Club's three nines provide three different 18-hole combinations.

Carolina National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates Kipp Schulties (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #20)

Commented on 06/18/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Awesome course - punched greens make for a weird round

Loved the course. Was on vacation so took advantage of a hot deal given my availability. Loved the back nine ibis, egret on the front had punched greens. Impossible to get a true feel or even 2 putt. Will definitely be back but will be adamant about checking to see if greens are punched. Mid June is an odd time to do so and would have appreciated a heads up.

Commented on 06/18/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Anonymous

Fun course for any player

Course is kept in excellent condition with an excellent layout.

Commented on 06/10/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 06/10/2021

Would go again

Fun course to play. Greens are being groomed and sand traps didn’t really have loose sand to play normal bunker shots. But a beautiful course otherwise and interesting layout.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Commented on 06/01/2021

Commented on 05/19/2021

greens were sanded and inconsistent otherwise i would rate it 4

Commented on 05/13/2021

The Greens had recently been sanded but no mention of this by the pro shop. Made putting on the greens pointless. For $57 I could have gone right across the street
and played Oak Island Golf Club. The grass on the fairways was really minimal. Lots of bare places. The only reason I booked this course is that I could go through golf now and get credit for points. I paid at the course so I guess if payment is arranged that way instead of paying Golf Now directly the customer does not get credit for points which appears to be the case. Just checked my account and no points accrued for yesterday. Oh well. You know what they say. A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work.

Commented on 05/14/2021

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at the course. If you call GolfNow, they would be happy to rectify the situation. We hope this clears any confusion up and we hope you give us another try in the future.

Windy but Worth It!

Played course for first time with my adult son from the gold tees. Every member of the staff from bag drop to clubhouse to driving range was super friendly and welcoming. Weather conditions were sunny with wind (1-2 clubs worth). Greens were consistent with real nice pace. Overall, the course was dry but in very good shape and I would not hesitate to play it again in these conditions. No two holes looked the same and all were fairly challenging and enjoyable to play. By the way, my son enjoyed this experience just as much as I did. We will gladly come back!

Commented on 05/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

enjoyable course

Very nice track that needs a bit of work on the bunkers and some more grass in the fairways. Overall a great course that you can use a lot of different clubs. Bar area was nice and the staff were great. Pace of play was a little slow but such a beautiful day. Bunkers were lacking in sand in several and need to be dug down a bit.

Commented on 05/20/2021

Worth the drive

A little far from Myrtle Beach but worth the drive. Challenging but fair. Greens were great. The scenery was beautiful.

Commented on 05/06/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/03/2021

Firm and fast

The course was very firm and fast. Greens were tough to make putts. A little sandy and very fast. If you were not below hole, it was a problem! Able to play ball down but some weird grass growing in fairways and rough..Bunkers in good shape. All in all definitely worth playing. can really use a little water to soften greens and drive sand into the ground.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Commented on 04/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Fun prohibited

Carolina National is in great shape and the pace was great.

Overall experience was poor. It started with the man in the proshop. He acted like golf now players had no business at his course. My wife wanted to ride with me, they charged me an additional $25 which was fine but you would have thought I asked for his daughters phone number.

The rest of the staff was on edge. Scared of management I would presume, cause the attitude was consistent throughout the staff.

The starter was high strung, man really needed to relax.

At the turn, I got 2 tall boys, 2 hotdogs, and a Gatorade and they wanted $29.

Fun is prohibited at this course. They should have a sign at the front, "Welcome to Carolina National, fun prohibited" per management.

I would not go back until the environment changes. Id take a course in lesser condition, with a friendly staff anyday over Carolina national with its current staff.

Commented on 04/19/2021

UNDERRATED

This course is one of the best values of any course that I’ve played in the area. The layout is challenging but very fair. A little far between holes but, I used every club in the bag during my round and hit a variety of shaped shots.The tees seem intimidating at first but open up as you move down the fairway.
Most of the courses around are lined with houses but, at Carolina National, the houses are mainly tucked away and generally not in your line of site. The greens were solid! A little sandy from recent top dressing but, they were receptive and rolled very True and consistent. Not sure how they registered on the stimpmeter but, maybe somewhere around 10 or 11??
The pace of play was good. We had a foursome and made it around in 4.5 hours and the staff was friendly and helped get us out on time.
I paid $45 for a morning tee time on a weekday which was great. I’ll say it again...probably the best course around for the money. Some of the courses of this caliber in the area would cost $75-100.

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Commented on 04/15/2021

St James, North Carolina
St James, North Carolina
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Caswell Beach, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Fazio, Hills and Jones Courses at Palmetto Dunes, and Country Club of Hilton Head.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Sea Pines Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Heron Point, Atlantic Dunes at Sea Pines Resort, Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National.