The three different nines at Carolina National Golf Club are named after the birds that inhabit the acres of beautiful low country that the course sits on. Fred Coupes designed the 27-hole layout, taking care to preserve the beautiful natural landscape and wildlife provided by its location on the shores of the Lockwood Folly River. His work earned the golf course designation as an Audubon Sanctuary. The nines: Ibis, Egret, and Heron; all have different challenges. However, they all have challenging greens that boast some of the best conditions in the area. The Ibis is the most player-friendly of the nines. Carolina National Golf Club's 27-hole layout is played as three different 18-hole combinations. The Ibis offers some opportunities to recover your score since it is not quite as long as either the Egret or Heron.

Carolina National Golf Club

Greens Champion Bermuda Grass

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #20)

Worth the drive

A little far from Myrtle Beach but worth the drive. Challenging but fair. Greens were great. The scenery was beautiful.

Commented on 05/03/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Firm and fast

The course was very firm and fast. Greens were tough to make putts. A little sandy and very fast. If you were not below hole, it was a problem! Able to play ball down but some weird grass growing in fairways and rough..Bunkers in good shape. All in all definitely worth playing. can really use a little water to soften greens and drive sand into the ground.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Fun prohibited

Carolina National is in great shape and the pace was great.

Overall experience was poor. It started with the man in the proshop. He acted like golf now players had no business at his course. My wife wanted to ride with me, they charged me an additional $25 which was fine but you would have thought I asked for his daughters phone number.

The rest of the staff was on edge. Scared of management I would presume, cause the attitude was consistent throughout the staff.

The starter was high strung, man really needed to relax.

At the turn, I got 2 tall boys, 2 hotdogs, and a Gatorade and they wanted $29.

Fun is prohibited at this course. They should have a sign at the front, "Welcome to Carolina National, fun prohibited" per management.

I would not go back until the environment changes. Id take a course in lesser condition, with a friendly staff anyday over Carolina national with its current staff.

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

UNDERRATED

This course is one of the best values of any course that I’ve played in the area. The layout is challenging but very fair. A little far between holes but, I used every club in the bag during my round and hit a variety of shaped shots.The tees seem intimidating at first but open up as you move down the fairway.
Most of the courses around are lined with houses but, at Carolina National, the houses are mainly tucked away and generally not in your line of site. The greens were solid! A little sandy from recent top dressing but, they were receptive and rolled very True and consistent. Not sure how they registered on the stimpmeter but, maybe somewhere around 10 or 11??
The pace of play was good. We had a foursome and made it around in 4.5 hours and the staff was friendly and helped get us out on time.
I paid $45 for a morning tee time on a weekday which was great. I’ll say it again...probably the best course around for the money. Some of the courses of this caliber in the area would cost $75-100.

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Commented on 04/15/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Commented on 04/15/2021

Commented on 04/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Glad i brought my 7y/o daughter

The staff was awesome and from pulling up to bag drop to dropping cart off staff members remembered my name as well as my daughters and kept a smile on our face. The course was in good shape considering its early spring and we were paired up with the right person considering i had a little one on board. Weather conditions were not great so after
9 holes got a rain check and cant wait to come back for another 9 holes on one of the other two 9 hole courses offered.

Commented on 04/02/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Commented on 04/02/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/02/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 04/05/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 03/23/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences! Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 03/17/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Great shape

Great job to Carolina National. The course is beautiful and fun to play.

Commented on 03/17/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Worth the trip

Although not real convenient when in Myrtle Beach it’s the the trip to play. Great valve for your money and very fair layout regardless of your handicap.

Commented on 03/11/2021

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We understand you had some questions about pricing. We utilize a dynamic pricing model which means our tee time prices often fluctuate, impacted by things such as weather, competition, local events (such as college football) and more. The varying price structure allows you the option to choose the time and rate which works best for you. Thank you for playing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Need better signage between the greens and tee boxes that are far apart.

Commented on 03/11/2021

Hi, We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course signage is important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 03/11/2021

Hi, We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Bolivia, North Carolina