A view of a hole at Rivers Edge Golf Course

Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Sunday Ultradwarf Bermuda
Architect Arnold Palmer (1999)

Bunker No

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

Good shape, but soft conditions.

Course in great shape, rain from the night before caused the course to be very soft. Good shape, one of my favorites to play in the area. Greens rolled true and were great.

Double-teeing slowed our round to a crawl

Loved the first nine we played. It was after a soaking rain but the holes were awesome. Then at the turn we waited over a half-hour for the groups to tee off on the other nine and the pace was a snail's pace. Loved the holes but nothing was done about the slow play. Frustrating.

The views!

The 2 members of our group that were high handicappers hated this course because of the difficulty of the shots required. I think some of it had to do with the fact there were 6 inches of rain 2 nights before and there was little to no roll. Made the course long!

The low handicappers were impressed with the course. As expected from an Arnold Palmer Design, there were holes that required some shot making. 8,9,11, 15-18 offered incredible views.

Greens were a little slower than the 2 other courses we played in the area, but still were in great condition.

7 out of 10

I live in Holden Beach, NC and played most of the Carolina costal courses. Rivers Edge is my favorite. A beautiful course, great layout and it was in great shape. Every hole is unique and different, not to mention the views. Awesome. Now the bad (why it's 7 out of 10). They start the morning off the front and back. No problem. When we hit the turn, it was backed up. 2 hours 10 minutes for the first 9 holes (very good pace), 3 hours for the next nine (unacceptable). There seems to be a trend at courses allowing slow players to hold up the course instead of letting groups play through. Bottom line is I will be playing there again and again. Hopefully they can straighten out their act regarding pace.

Course management is key at Rivers Edge

I have played this course several times and really enjoy the layout. You are forced to use every club in your bag. I tend to try to overpower courses with my driver. That is not the best approach at Rivers Edge. The greens were very good, as were the fairways. Overall, it is a very scenic course and a true test of your golf abilities. The staff was very friendly, especially the starter.

Longest round ever!

Taking 5 1/2 hours to play a round of golf is ridiculous. No ranger on the course trying to improve pace of play teetimes were too close together for the amount of players out there. Also, saw the cart girl twice in the first nine holes and then never saw her on the back nine I understand with COVID-19 going on but they should at least made an attempt to put bottled water out there every few holes or something for the players since the court girl was not around frequently enough. Course is not friendly if you are a female golfer because there are lack of restrooms out on the course. My wife cannot pee on a tree like I can.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hello, Christophe. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve but with an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. Also, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the restrooms. Please know that we will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance to do so. Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome layout

Simply the best golf course around. The holes along the Shallotte river are breathtaking. Will certainly play this course again.

Love it

Played this course twice in the last year. Absolutely love it. Fairways are like carpet, greens are good and true. Practice area is nice. Incredible views and it has some great holes and layouts. A few of the tee boxes were just okay but most were great. Absolutely a must play in the area. Don’t see another course around being any better. Highly recommend.

Ocean Marsh golf at its finest.

Great conditions with a challenging layout. Senic, with many holes along shallote tidal Marsh.

Some fun holes

Greens were a disappointment for such a highly rated course. Bumpy and slow. Some holes were really neat and quite difficult. Not an easy track for below average golfers.

Lovely layout to play

I had the most fun with my before unknown playing partners today. It was a bit damp in spots but I loved the layout. The 9th hole is something.

Heaven on Earth!

Best round and Course in my life!

Closest thing to “Heaven on Earth!”

Nice Course

Course was challenging, LLLLONG rides between 10th and 11th hole, carts were in good shape with GPS and USB slots.

Beautiful Course

This is a most play course, beautiful lay out, great scenery, good shape, what more is there to say oh yes and friendly staff

A Must Play

I've played this course many times and everytime I bring friends they just love the layout

Soggy Bog

The course is wet, did I mention wet? The ground was saturated from tee to green. I live in the area but we haven't had rain in a number of days so I don't know what was going on. Only six holes were "cart path only" and that was a plus. The greens were in great shape but very slow....spongy almost.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Best layout

I’ve played here three times and the conditions have gotten better with every visit. The greens roll true but were fairly soft and slow. Fairways were wet in spots but over all in great condition. Most all tee boxes aside from one or two of them were great. The layout is the best by far and always a great time.

Lots of Fun

Fun and challenging course. Clubhouse staff were very friendly, course in great shape

Great layout

Good fairways tees and greens on scale of-10 7. Layout is great can be tricky if you don’t know the course but fun to play. Highly recommend. One par 3 had artificial mat to hit from, I didn’t like that. GPS in cart a big plus.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Lockwoods Folly, North Carolina