2.3

Hidden Valley Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Architect Russell Breeden (1963)

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Good Layout

I really like the course layout. This course REALLY needs to be taken care of. It’s way too good of a course to just let everything go.

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hidden Valley Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Challenging, good price

We had a good time playing the course. There were some holes that were in need of some love that had fallen into some disrepair, especially the fairway. The back nine seem to be a lot more cohesive (consistently in decent shape) and fun to play but most all the greens were good on the course. Staff was friendly too, we were not rushed. I thought the course was challenging with a healthy balance of some easier holes . I would love to see this place in its own prime... but hey the price was fair so I’m not complaining.

Very friendly staff starting to show its potential

I have played here multiple times this year starting in the early spring. The course needed a lot of TLC, but the staff makes us feel extremely welcomed and have put a lot of work into the course. It has improved week by week with hole 7 the only one left I would call pretty unplayable. Greens are bouncing back and the fairways are much better than just a few months ago.

It needs to stay hidden...

Look. I know it’s only 21 bucks. But dude. You can’t even roll a putt on these greens. There is weeds all over them. It’s unplayable in my opinion. Your better off spending 11 more dollars and playing northwoods for 32 or 25 if you’re a student. If you have never played golf before, sure. Play here and learn how to play and get into it. But if you are even somewhat competent in the sport, never waste your time and money at hidden valley. I say time because our round took 5 hours.. worst greens I’ve ever putted on. I’d rather waste my time putting on linrick or oak hills at least semi playable greens. Putts are more bumpy than the gravel roads you take your car on.

Commented on 05/13/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Hidden Valley Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Called Hidden Valley for a Reason

After playing this course, Hidden Valley lives up to its name. The course is not in good condition, starting at the tee box. A lot of the tee boxes have the mats on them because the ground was in bad condition. The fairways had lots of sand in the middle of them and the grass was not well kept. Hold 7 in particular had been washed out and the fairway doesn't exist. The greens weren't as bad as the rest of the course, but some of them were still rough and bumpy to putt on. While the layout is intriguing, the course needs a lot of tlc. The staff, however, was very nice and they make you feel welcome. Despite paying only $21, I will probably not be back unless the course is improved.

Called Hidden Valley for a Reason

Played Hidden Valley this weekend and can say it lives up to the name. The course was not in good shape starting with the tee box. Multiple holes had mats in the tee box because the ground was ate up. In the fairways, lots of sand in the middle of the fairways. Hole 7 in particular is completely washed out. The greens aren't as bad as the rest of the hole but could still use work. Some are bumpier than others.
In it's current condition, I would not recommend the course. I like the layout of some of the holes, but it needs some tlc. The one positive was the staff was extremely nice and made you feel very welcome.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hidden Valley Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Hidden

The course was ok, due the past weeks rain it was wet in many places. For the money it's ok. Hole 7 needs to be fixed. The overall layout is great but it needs tlc.

Commented on 02/26/2021

Hello, Henry. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Hidden Valley Country Club!

Commented on 03/08/2021

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Hidden Valley Country Club.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Hidden Valley Country Club.

Hidden valley

Hidden valley was overall a good course to play at. I'm more of a beginner so the course has challenging holes but also gave me decent chances at par at some holes. The course layout is a bit confusing in my opinion,I found myself getting lost when heading to hole 10. The prices are extremely reasonable for a full round and cart. Finally, the staff was extremely friendly.

Nice Greens

Greens are in really good shape for the money. The staff is so friendly and made you feel welcomed. Practice green very good shape too. Tee boxes were worn but playable and some bad spots on fairways but overall a very good round of golf for the price.

Commented on 05/27/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Hidden Valley Country Club.

Okay course.

This course has some potential if they would get grass in the fairways and the greens cleaned up, but with almost every hole being a dogleg the holes just get repetitive.

Commented on 05/11/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens and fairways so we may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sunday golf

Played 18 today with a friend. We normally play oak hills or linrick in Columbia, but wanted to try hidden valley. The best part of the day was the staff and the cart rode real good. The fairways were honestly some of the worst I have ever seen. Driving a ball into the fairway then hitting out of sand and not grass was difficult and really depressing. After a while I just tried aiming for the bunkers so I could at least hit out of soft sand and not rock hard ground with roots. There is not really any grass on the fairways and hole 7s fairway is the worst I have bet seen. The layout itself seemed challenging and potentially fun if the fairways had at least a 50% ratio of grass. Tee boxes have minimal grass and mostly just sand packed down. I didn’t have high hopes going today, but can honestly say the only decent thing was the greens had ok grass on them. One of the greens on the front has a completely different type of turf then the others. With grass seed and excavation this course could have potential, but they would need to reseed every fairway to make it feel like a golf course. Mike in the pro shop though is really nice and helpful!

Commented on 03/02/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Country Club.

Commented on 11/27/2020

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Hidden Valley Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

West Columbia, South Carolina
Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Hopkins, South Carolina
Chapin, South Carolina

CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.