1.4

Greens Bermuda
Architect Porter Gibson

Snacks, Restaurant

1.4

Was treated very bad again and lied on by employee

Said golf was open . A guy named Tony said 2 me an my wife 5:30 PM is the latest u can pay to play , so I got there yesterday at 5:00 just to play nine holes with a friend that is an employee that got me golf cart for me an by the time I got to hole 4 employees said I got to go to another employees house because they closed early they always treat me terribly . But said Sence lazy employees don't keep the the proshop open they no me I had to leave. I have played a lot of golf in those times late in the evening but never been insulted so badly!!!!! And that no everything that they have done to me either, there minimum wage working in the proshop an like I am so poor I don't appreciate the attitude they treat me an my other friend that just playing that help those poor employees pay they bills. Bottom line is I was run off at 5:00 at weighfeild an there hour online go to 8:00 it makes me sick . An trust me leighfeild pawelys plantation tradition u name the course never been treat that way . But this ain't the last it will in the Georgetown's times just look for it..

Excellent weather

Gruesome Golf

The staff was friendly, but couldn't overcome the terrible conditions and the odd layout of the course. Start with the odd layout, many water hazards on almost every hole. These required odd layups on long par 4s. Like a long Par 4 where you have to hit a 7 iron off the tee as the hole bends so sharply left that all you can see is a pond. Oh there is a 150 marker sitting on a strip of land to the right of the pond. Oh, but wait, it may look like a 150 marker, but it's sitting on the 200 yard plaque on the fairway. Excuse me, did I say fairway. Forgive me! There is NO FAIRWAY. It's all ROUGH. There is 4 inch high grass where the fairways should be. Talk about being wet. They did have rain 5 days before. But it's still soggy all over the place. So drainage is nonexistent. There is a porta potty on the front side and a bathroom on the back. But we were forewarned that the bathroom on the back 9 hasn't been tended to in years. If you do go in there, I suggest you bring a club with you. There was only 4 other people on the course on a Sunday. So this will be a once in a lifetime experience for my wife and I.

Golf in history.

The course was well laid out with some really fun holes. The surroundings were well worth the money. Built on a rice plantation from the early 1700's really made me feel I was golfing with ghosts. Some cleverly laid out fairways with smartly built greens. Some par fours were a little to long for my 75 year old dad, but he enjoyed it as well. The three to five hundred year old trees were amazing. This course was an unexpected treat.

Challenging with a view

Wonderfully laid out course. Each hole has its own unique view and a different challenge for every level of golfer. From thread the needle shots to wide-open, better lay-up. Of course there's the tempting go long or pull-out another ball opportunity. We loved the course, pace of play, staff super friendly and a great value.

Well maintained greens

Although it was a little distance to travel, my foursome enjoyed playing the course. There was sparse play which was fine with us. The gentleman in the pro shop even knocked a couple bucks off the GolfNow price.

Georgetown, South Carolina
Semi-Private/Resort
4.1220882353
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodation Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Fazio, Hills and Jones Courses at Palmetto Dunes, and Country Club of Hilton Head.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Sea Pines Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Heron Point, Atlantic Dunes at Sea Pines Resort, Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National.