A view of from a fairway at Grand Oaks Golf Club

Greens Tiff-dwarf Bermuda
Architect Don January

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Commented on 05/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Grand Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 05/09/2022

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

The greens!

The greens were in bad shape. Bumpy putts with no point in lining up a break. Rest of the course was in decent shape. Very unforgiving fairways. No cart staff bringing beer or snacks around the course.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Grand Oaks Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Greens Pretty Bad

I enjoyed the course layout. If the greens were better I would rate it a 5 star. Work on the greens.

Commented on 05/02/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Grand Oaks Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Weird place

I don’t even know where to start with this place, was unlike any other I’ve played in my 12 years of golfing. First they have a massive club house that is now permanently closed they are using a shack out back which was really odd. The way their holes line up makes the course extremely dangerous you’ll be dodging balls all day even on shots that aren’t complete shanks from other golfers. The greens should be left out by the street for the garbage man to pick up because they are trash, hands down the worst greens I’ve ever played. It’s in a weird area it’s kinda a nice area but then it’s not. They should probably change the name to hidden creek because it looks completely wide open then splash outta nowhere even when your ball is going down the fairway. The staff come off very strange like riding up to you in their golf cart and just sitting right next to you not saying a word. Also be prepared to be asked 4 to 5 times by different Marshall’s what your tee time was. To be honest playing this course was like stepping into the twilight zone, I won’t be back.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Grand Oaks Golf Club.

The pace of play is great with very driveable par 4’s. My only complaint is the greens. They are all dead and full of sand

Commented on 04/29/2022

Commented on 04/22/2022

Old Faithful

This course is a staple in my rotation, though I don't play it anywhere nearly as often as I used to. I've played it since the days when it was still known as Grand Prairie Country Club. Back then a good rain could flood out the back nine and it would be off the books for two weeks unless you wanted to play the front nine twice---which I often did.
I was impressed when the Mai Family bought it---renovated it, and renamed it. It was a vast improvement, and the pricing was cheap in order to regain market share and rebuild its reputation as a lost Don January Designed diamond in the rough.. It became top of my rotation then and helped me mold my game.
Since then they have also cleared out a slew of those once "Grand Oaks" and opened it up quite a bit. The greens are more challenging with the new false fronts etc, but they are now at least of decent size.
Speaking of the greens, they seem to be in need of some TLC on many of them, and should be known as "Sands" or "Browns." They still putt fairly well, but I was glad I got a ":Hot Deal." At the current full price I would have been more than bummed.
I hope they take care of these things as it is a fun course, and quite quirky and unique when everything is up to snuff.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Grand Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/19/2022

Good location

Not to busy
Nice layout
Greens need alot of work

Commented on 04/19/2022

Rough conditions

Course is in desperate need of attention. Greens have large sections of missing grass where you have to put through sand.

Commented on 04/16/2022

From 1-18 greens weren’t actual greens. It was patchy crab grass with the flag stuck into the ground. Texas weather is admittedly difficult to maintain consistently smooth greens but this was atrocious. Make matters worse at 12 a groundskeeper watched a tee shot land center of the “green” and begins to shovel heaps of fertilizer/or seed on the entire green while our group was in play with no groups behind us in sight.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Poannna {sp} all overe te green

The back nine was better, but the front 9 are a little rough.

Te price is hard to argue with.

Commented on 04/07/2022

Commented on 04/04/2022

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Grand Oaks Golf Club!

Greens are horrid

The greens were more patchy with weeds and dead spots then the rough. I understand texas weather is hard to maintain but maybe fertilize them? Sand them? Punch them? Literally anything other than what is happening now.

Commented on 04/04/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Usually a great track

The pace was rather slow for a sunny Friday and we did not see a marshall. The greens were very challenging to putt on with the amount of poa on them. It was like putting plinko. Everyone we encounted inside was great as usual.

Commented on 03/30/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Grand Prairie, Texas
Dallas, Texas
Dallas, Texas
De Soto, Texas
Grand Prairie, Texas
Irving, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.