1.3

Practice Hole Yes

Cafe

Plays Long 12
Near the Airport 10

Great value, just be patient with the holes

We’re like the layout of the course, traps, holes. Tees were good, greens good. But those fairways! Lost 3 balls into gopher holes.
So, the price was right for the winter golf.

fairways are in pretty bad shape.. mostly dirt!
But the greens are in perfect condition

Just for fun or practice

The fairways are in pretty bad shape but the greens are good and the layout is fine. It's a great course if you're just wanting to get out and have some fun or just practice a little. Some fairways are difficult to find grass but good practice to hit from hardpan. Due to the condition, the play moves very fast so I finished 18 in under 3 hours.

As long as you know in advance that the course is in a rough condition, just enjoy a quick round and take it for what it is.....

Why play this course?

Last time I played was about 15 years ago and back then it wasn't great but now there is only grass on the greens. Not sure why anyone would play this course and the city should do something else with the real estate. Staff though was great and friendly.

Worst Course in California

Literally the worst course you will ever play. Completely dirt fairways with basically cement bunkers accompanied by a million gopher holes on every hole. $37 on a weekday. Absolute robbery by this course. Wouldn’t play here again if it they paid me. Avoid at all costs.

Buyer Beware

The rules are move your ball to a patch of grass since there is very little fairway. The course has given up on any maintenance so it’s only for drivers and putting practice.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hi kanebmedia. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Links at Victoria Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Bad Fairways

fairways are in terrible condition. greens are good. probably won’t play here again.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing The Links at Victoria Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

This course played better 25 years ago

I used to work in this area in the late 90s and we regularly played this course and the fairways were always a challenge but the greens and the tee boxes were always pristine. It appears new ownership has poured all their money into the practice facility and has let the course just go. It is a shame that this course is in far worse shape than it was 25 years ago. The bunkers are no existent. The fairways are parking lots with random standing water everywhere. The greens are just OK. There's more grass on the driving range then there is on the fairway, so clearly grass can grow here, so why don't you throw some seed down and see what happens. It is a crying shame what you have done to this course. Calling it a "Links" course is an insult to Links courses around the globe. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hello, kencobos. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Links at Victoria Golf Course.

Where is the grass?

The pictures on Golf Now and Google are very deceiving! Majority of the course is dirt/black sand and it doesn’t allow for a smooth game. To add on, the pro shop did a horrible job of controlling Tee times. People were going off in singles, doubles, triples and etc and it really caused many groups to wait on various holes.

The only thing this course has that I really enjoyed were the greens. Putting was super easy and fun.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing The Links at Victoria Golf Course.

Fairway is 80%-90% dirt

I booked this course (including cart) without reading their reviews and was unable to get a refund unless the course was closed due to weather conditions. Unfortunately, it rained the day of my booking and course management claimed the course was playable. Upon my arrival, I learned carts weren’t allowed due to the rain so I had to walk. It was difficult to walk a course in mud. 80%-90% of the fairways was dirt with gopher holes everywhere. Thanks to GolfNow support I was refunded. Play only if don’t mind ruining your irons.

Do not play!

I wanted to give the course the benefit of the doubt based on its negative reviews. Sad to say they were right. I booked a tee time which included a cart. Due to rain, I called the course to confirm it was open. Well the course was open but without carts, walking only. Since I couldn’t get a refund, I decided to walk it. Little did I know, the course was 90% dirt. I was walking in mud. Don’t play this course. Take my word. I’m not the type to complain but it’s upsetting this course claims the course is playable. Play if you don’t mind ruining your irons.

The Worst !!

This golf course is the worst golf course in the whole world!!
I guarantee it!!!!!!!
There's only about 10% fairway greens and the rest are all dirt and rat holes.

Only played because everything else was booked.

The worst golf course continues to get worse. Didn't think it was possible.

Very sad

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hello, u314160351094. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Links at Victoria Golf Course.

Calling this a cow pasture is an insult to cows

The fact that they take money is a crime. The fairways were nothing but dirt and mud. Finding grass was a challenge in the ground squirrel village that lives on every hole.

Gopher Holes and Dirt Trash Course

No grass on fairways!!!! Gopher holes everywhere!!!! No up keep what so ever!!! I wish I would have read reviews and save my self a wasted day. You literally hit into dirt with spots of weeds. I have no idea how this place can stay open. Oh and a staff member had to audacity to tell me not to drive my cart close to the greens.... what greens??? Be warned STAY AWAY!!! Worst Course in So Cal

Commented on 01/07/2021

Hello, laventura. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Links at Victoria Golf Course.

Long Beach, California
Torrance, California
Los Angeles, California
Lakewood, California
Palos Verdes Estates, California

Two round of golf and a night of lodging in one of our 4-bedroom Stay & Play luxury townhomes, including access to fine dining for dinner at Champs and Rockers.