Bow Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1960

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Not too Bad

Very dry. Tee boxes were dirt and hard. Greens were in decent shape. Aeration has not been done yet. We were told that course will be closing down next year.

Commented on 04/08/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Bow Creek Golf Course!

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We would like to encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Bow Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see that you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bow Creek Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

WInter golf

The course is fun and challenging. I golfed after a storm so the conditions were a bit rough and muddy in places. Cart path only BUT was able to get 18 in and had a great time! I definitely recommend the course!

Walked 18

Nice sunny day, ground was a little damp from rain few days ago. I love playing this course, not tough but can be.
My Grandfather built the course in 1959. Love playing there in his honor.. Fred Sappenfield, PGA Pro, RIP.

Value play

Decent course for the money with some challenging holes. Upkeep of the course is minimal. One redeeming feature is that a lot of the fairways are wide open, which is great for newer golfers.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, Stephen4908966. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Bow Creek Golf Course!

The course was in bad shape

I have played this course for many years and have never seen it in such bad shape. There seems to be little or no maintenance being done. I understand the course is in the process of being closed however, as long as play is being allowed, there should be some things done to keep it up. Very sad for a nice municipal course to be disregarded. Not sure when the closing is going to happen but I hope I can return and play on it before that happens.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Bow Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

course maintenance lacking

I have played here often, as it is easy to get on (nobody else wants to play here). course was wet, with cart path only. leaves were not blown off of the fairways, making finding your ball very difficult (if not impossible) at times; and of course slowing play. There is a large DEEP hole in the middle of the fairway on #15 right before the dogleg to the right turn, that was hidden in the leaves. No idea of how deep, but will severely injure someone if they step in the hole. You can tell that management has lost any interest in maintaining the course. This is the future site of a large storm water retention project for the city.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be advised that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us at Bow Creek Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Poor Course

Greens and fairways were awful, cart paths too rough, and our cart died on hole 14. So bad we decided to skip the last four holes.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hello and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (757) 431-3763. Thank you for playing Bow Creek Golf Course.

GREAT VALUE, GREATEXPERIENCE!

Bow Creek has been the best course I've played since being in Norfolk! The course is a municipal course so understand that. The staff is great! The weather was perfect and it was a great day on the links! Don't delay, play here today!

A Beautiful Fall Day

A beautiful day to play golf. High 50's, just enough wind, sunny, trees turning color. The greens were perfect, still enough green grass in the fairways, and despite all the recent rain, the course was not soggy at all. The only complaint that I might of had was the bunkers had not had water pumped out. Perfect conditions for middle November.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bow Creek Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Bow Creek Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Bowcreek old school design

Greens were very well cut and maintained, overall a great value

Hope the course stay in business

Come to Norfolk to visit our son, found this course on TeeOff, we did not have high expectation since the rate is low. Both my wife and myself are pleasantly surprised that the course is in good condition, staff is helpful. We will come back again. Heart that the course maybe closed soon, this is a shame. We hope the course stay open.