2.1

Year Built 1948

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

2.1

Good Fallback Course

If you waited until Friday night to book your Sat/Sun round, here's a golf course... I enjoy it here, but the fairways and bunkers are in such poor shape, it'll hurt your eyes. Greens were actually ok relative to the rest of the rest of each hole. Greens are easy to read and paced slow enough to give a run at each pin. Defense of the course is the fairways in bad shape and enough trees lining most holes to put you in total jail for an offline drive.

More Gophers than Golfets

See previous review

Commented on 05/10/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

More Gophers than Golfers

There are more squirrels and gophers than golfers on any given day. They are overcharging to play on a course that is not being kept up to par, the sand traps are filled w weeds, more dirt than sand and the fairways are bumpy due to the numerous holes.
I found my tee shot right next to and 1 foot high weed growing in the middle of the fairway.....
Surprisingly the greens were in good condition.
Absentee ownership

Horrible

Horrible conditions, barely playable, fee charges was way too high.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Thank you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Castle Creek Country Club.

More the better

Overbook and let the starters worry about. Not enough carts and not charging properly. Had to reset at least a dozen times in final four holes.

40 minute wait after our tee time. Greens are patchy and gopher holes on at least two holes...

Definitely, not worth there high prices.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our carts gave you some trouble. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

So Dissapointing

We've play this in the past and we we're excited to fine time to go back. This time we brought friends that have never play here. I spent half my day apologizing for making the tee time and hauling them along with us.
The tee boxes are nothing but weeds and the greens weren't much different. Fairways are dead and the squirrels have taken over. Be careful as a twisted ankle can happen very easily with all the holes from them varmints.
The guy in the club house when we checked in was rudy to my wife... The starter was very nice and helpful and I can't even remember his name. The pictures on their web site must be from 10 years ago as that wasn't the same course we played.
I spend $90 for the wife and I to have a nice day golfing and it wasn't worth more than $10 each! We did our best to make it a pleasant day and at least enjoy the company....

Commented on 05/07/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy time with with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Can't recommend

I would call this place a cow pasture but cow pastures are much better kept. We lost several balls hit into the middle of the fairway due to all the clovers. I commented to my playing partner that this was the first time I ever had a bad lie at the tee box with my ball on a tee, the grass was that tall. And to say the facility is run down is a vast understatement. It is downright dilapidated.

Commented on 04/14/2021

Commented on 04/12/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Castle Creek Country Club.

Fun but not worth the money

I would play this course often for $20 or $30/round but will never return at the current rates. The course is exactly as described in other reviews (which I should have read before I booked via GolfNow). Many of the tee boxes are overgrown and it feels like you are teeing off from the rough. I lost 6 golf balls without being too far off the fairway as there were weed and dandelian farms all over the place. The greens were beat up. The sand traps were not playable. We enjoyed the pace of play, but that was a result of the fees being out of line with reality. I imaging this course gets a lot of first time visitors, but very few repeat visitors. Again, I would come back for $20 or $30 being fully aware of what to expect. Management either needs to maintain the course to justify current fees, or continue to not take care of the course, but lower the fees.

Commented on 04/14/2021

This is the worst course i played.

Don’t be deceive by the pictures on Golfnow. This is a waste of money and time. Very poor course condition from tee to green. It’s not worth to pay $65 bucks. I won’t even pay $20 bucks to play on this course. GolfNow please don’t put courses like this on your website so the paying customer like me will not be disappointed and frustrated. Thanks

Commented on 04/06/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not too terrible

I played this a few weeks ago.
Pros: no wait, no pairing up. Fast round. Eagle on 14. Scoreable holes.
Cons: tee boxes, greens (one temporary green) fairways aren’t great but playable, (come on, we aren’t pros here)
Honest opinion, it’s not as good as it was when I played this course 13 years ago. It makes me sad when a course is in somewhat disrepair, but I’m a 15-20 handicap so it’s not like I’m a pro. If they would just take care of the greens and tee boxes it would be a lot better. I’m biased cause I got an eagle and birdie during the round. If this course was say $30 a round it would be great for what it is. It’s worth playing though. Don’t kid yourselves golf snobs.

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. Congrats on your eagle! We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Castle Creek Country Club!

Fairly tough to rate as good

Tees, fairways, greens rough. Traps are mostly dirt. Pace of play great. By myself in 2 hours. Only passed one single walker. Wide open. At 37$, and considering most courses have been price gouging since covid hit, in line with current pricing for the conditions compared to nicer courses.

Commented on 04/06/2021

Cheap and wide open!

This course is not in good shape, but I was able to take my time as no one was in front or behind my group. Staff were great and as friendly as they could be, but COViD really did a number on this course.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Great weather

This is the best condition I've seen the course. Disappointed that the cart wasn't included on the GolfNow Hot Deal special. Hopefully the restaurant will be open next time.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Castle Creek Country Club!

Commented on 03/22/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Castle Creek Country Club.

Commented on 03/22/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Castle Creek Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Horrible

This place is terrible. It takes awhile to find a ball that you hit it the fairway because the grass is so tall. The course is narrow and has so many branches laying all over the fairway. It was $123 for two people and I can’t believe I spent that much on it. Green fees are overpriced. Would not recommend. Overall -163892/10

Commented on 03/22/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 03/18/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Castle Creek Country Club.

Vista, California