The Golf Club of California

Year Built 2002

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Taking advantage because of COVID

Simply stated, they are trying to make an extra buck off of COVID by taking advantage of us golfers. I booked a tee time for the 4 of us on GolfNow for $49 each plus $10 in booking fees. The rate INCLUDED the golf cart. Since I am older and have pre-existing conditions, I asked for another cart to be on the safe side because of COVID-19. The guy in the pro shop then charged me an extra $20 for the cart, even though my rate included the cart. You would think that since we need to socially distance because of COVID, that they would be more like many of the golf courses in the area and accommodate golfers that require a separate cart. I will not be golfing there in the future, and since I am the one in charge of booking tee times for 4 different foursomes, neither will the other 15 of us

Commented on 02/24/2021

Hello and thank you for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (760) 451-3737. Thank you for playing The Golf Club of California.

Commented on 02/22/2021

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club of California. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 02/17/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for the 5-stars! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Charged Me For missing a t-time (more than the booking fee)

I have never had this happen in decades of playing public courses. Will challenge the charge on my credit card. Golf Now and Golf Club Of CA should be embarrassed. Never using golf now or playing the course again.

Commented on 02/22/2021

Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing.

Commented on 02/22/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Scott9787258! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club of California!

Commented on 02/12/2021

Hi, Ellen. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Golf Club of California!

Great course bad pace

Late start, no carts. No marshal, tons of groups of 2 and 5. Crazy slow

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the pace of play issue during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing The Golf Club of California. We hope to see you again soon.

Great visuals and amazing greens

I can’t wait to play this jewel again soon⛳️

Commented on 02/09/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you so much for the 5 star rating. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Absolute gem of a course

The only reason why course condition was rated 4/5 is because it’s winter time and the course had some brown patches, and some parts of the fairway being a little bare. However, it’s winter here and I can totally see how the course would be in an immaculate conditions if the climate was better.

Tee boxes were the best I’ve seen so far in SoCal. Greens were running pure.

Course design was extremely enjoyable. There was a good amount of distance between holes to take short mental breaks, and the course is both challenging and enjoyable at the same time.

Short par 4s had tighter fairways, but long par 5s had very generous fairways to make playing very enjoyable. I really appreciated the fact that none of the par 3s were more than 200 yds, but they called for precise shot selections to hit the correct parts of the green to get to the pin.

Overall, this is one of the top 3 courses in my list of course that I would like to play whenever I get a chance.

Commented on 02/09/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club of California.

Tough Track!

This is a tough track for the average golfer but the course is in pretty good shape. Pace of play could be better. I played here many times & will continue to play this course.

Commented on 02/16/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club of California!

Commented on 02/04/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Bargain Golf

Great course for the price of green fee. Greens are well kept. Deceiving at times. But ultimately a good course.

Commented on 02/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome any feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club of California.

Commented on 02/03/2021

Commented on 02/09/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club of California!

fun and challenging course to play

i love the course and wd like to play often though winter is better weather wise as summer here is too hot. So, this time of the year you can expect the fairways are in dormant but here are not too bad like many other course, still see greenish color. And the greens are always good. tee shots are very important placed in the right spots of the fairways as most of them are slopped. we are talking about in-play and lost ball kind of difference. So, some local knowledge is a great help.

look forward to go back play another round in the near future.

Commented on 02/03/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club of California.

Just another course nothing special go play arrowood or the crossings fairways are dirt and white grass

This course is just another course nothing special nothing to remember I would not return not because of any particular issue just the bland design and overall conditions of the fairways which were hard pan dirt and white grass when there was grass the greens were OK but there were severe Divet marks on every green and it just felt like there were not enough maintenance staff to keep this place to a standard of wanting to return I would play the crossings which is a lot nicer Or Arrowood any day this course isn’t bad but it’s just boring and conditions could be much improved if you’re in the area didn’t get a special for under $50 then I would say go for it but anything more than that it’s not worth it especially if you want to finish

Commented on 02/02/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Golf Club of California!

Commented on 02/02/2021

Commented on 02/01/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Golf Club of California.

Fallbrook, California