Style Desert

Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed Las Sendas Golf Club's course, opened in 1995 and among the toughest U.S. courses. Two Zagat surveys have ranked it among the top 50 U.S. golf courses.

Las Sendas Golf Club offers a desert course demanding top play as it takes golfers through the Usery Mountains, with a vista of Phoenix as the tradeoff for managing rough land close to 1,800 feet above the desert. Jones didn't create a course with whimsical decorations like railroad ties, and he didn't build targets. The golf course is for those who strategize, mapping the way from tee to green.

After a round at Las Sendas Golf Club, head to Las Sendas Grille, for the full bar, including wines from California, Australia and Europe, as well as four tap beers and domestic and imported bottles.

Las Sendas Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Poa Trivialis Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1995)

Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Golf shirts or collared shirts, golf shoes with rubber spikes and dress or khaki pants, shorts or skirts are acceptible attire. No denim jeans.

You’ll shoot 100 over par if you can’t putt...

Obviously a hyperbole, but these greens are fast and tricky. The course is beautiful and very challenging. Big, open fairways will lull you into thinking you’re kinda good at golf, until you make your approach shot to tiny greens that are nearly impossible to stick.

On the green? Good for you. I’ve never 3-putted more in my life.

This is a must-play course for Phoenix-area golfers looking for a tough round that is different than your resort-style Scottsdale course. The view on the 18th hole is worth the $100+ green fee alone.

The only downside was pace of play and some tee boxes were nearly unplayable due to conditions and shape. Kind of surprising given how the rest of the course was maintained.

Commented on 03/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Las Sendas Golf Club.

Commented on 03/02/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Las Sendas Golf Club!

Commented on 03/01/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Las Sendas Golf Club!

Commented on 03/01/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Las Sendas Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Awesome as always

One of the most fun layouts around. Like how they gently ease you into the round with such a pushover first hole... You need your A game to go low and plenty of focus.

Commented on 03/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Las Sendas Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 02/24/2021

Thank you for the 5 stars! We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Las Sendas Golf Club!

Not worth your Money

This golf course has no respect for their customers so I will advise that you think twice before you attempt to spend your money at this course.
I live in Chicago and three weeks ago while in Arizona, I purchased a round of golf at this course through golf now. I mistakenly bought the wrong Sunday - I paid for the 29th of February instead of the 22nd. I went to the course on the 22nd thinking that was what I paid for to be alerted to the date by the guy at the pro shop. He will not let me exchange the date because they were fully booked. I showed the guy proof that I had purchased the following Sunday and he should cancel the tee time since I was not going to be in town. He said he will only to be charged later $109.00 for no show on the 29th. I made several calls to the golf director who will not return my call. I am truly disappointed at the course management and especially the course director.

Commented on 02/26/2021

Beautiful course, but walking not a realistic option

Gorgeous course and nice layout, but if you like to walk, this is not the course for you. Distance between green to the next tee is ridiculous on many holes. Aside from that, I have two suggestions:
1) put some real sand with NO rocks in your bunkers
2) Speed of the greens should be slowed just a bit...definitely too fast, especially for where some of the holes were placed.

Fantastic staff all the way around the course.

Commented on 02/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Las Sendas Golf Club.

Commented on 02/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Las Sendas

Nice course, very playable from appropriate tees, most greens are elevated presented even more challenge to pick the right club, very little opportunity to just run it up or bounce it onto the green. Over-all in good condition, tee boxes are somewhat beat up, and many are not real level. My only real complaint was they ran out of range balls and had to shut it down right as we were getting warmed up, this kind of thing happens but on a Saturday afternoon? Also outside services were no where to be found when we first pulled up, started was somewhat abrupt. Course is a great visit, but some maintenance and an uptick in customer service would make this better.

Great course. Super slow play

First time playing this course. 850am tee time. By the 5th hole we were waiting for the 4some in front for over 10 min per hole. We only were able to play 13 holes in 4 hours, before we needed to get home to our families. The ranger really was no help.
We will try the course Again. Hopefully pace is better. As the course was great.

Commented on 02/22/2021

We apologize for the delay of play during your round. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Las Sendas Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

A great place to play golf

I alway love this golf course, it offers it all. Greens are great, wish more people would fix ball marks but staff tries hard to remind people. Course was in great condition. They need to work on tee boxes, I understand this is in process. They have made some changes to the course to make it slightly easier and pace better, still challenging but fair. I will be back many more times. Thanks Tim Coffey

Commented on 02/22/2021

Your feedback is important to us, Tim. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Las Sendas Golf Club.

Commented on 02/22/2021

It was great! I would definitely play again here!

Must play

Great nugget in the Mesa / Phoenix metro. Beautiful views, great course and design and the staff is always great.

Commented on 02/19/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Las Sendas Golf Club.

Commented on 02/23/2021

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4.0612058824