Style Links

The Arizona Grand Resort (formerly known as Phantom Horse Golf Club) boasts a challenging golf course, blending desert target golf with traditional links, playing par-71 over 6,336 yards, and a 7,000-square-foot practice green with a bunker and chipping area for a pre-round tune-up.

After a round at Arizona Grand Resort, head to an onsite drinking or dining spot: there's Mexican food, and then there's Southwestern dancing, and then there's a sports bar so you can catch up with someone else's game indoors or outdoors on the patio.

The Arizona Grand Resort also offers several packages, ranging from stay-and-play to family deals to getaways for women to romantic suite packages, complete with breakfast in bed.

Arizona Grand Golf Course

Year Built 1987
Architect Forrest Richardson (1987) Brad Bartell Jack Snyder (1988)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa, Locker Rooms

Fitness

Near the Airport 89

Poor Service and Confusion

When you arrive you'll stand around, outside service may or may not greet you. Its a fun game trying to identify the staff.. After entering the pro shop you'll probably find one person working the counter and if you're lucky like me he'll be on the phone for 11 minuets so wear comfortable shoes for the wait.. After that you'll go outside and start asking random people if they work here to load upon a cart. Expect your tee time to be 15-20 mins behind schedule so no rush! This is the point when you probably will grab your bag and head back towards the parking lot. Fortunately there's some bars and restaurants near by that I can recommend that will help calm your frustrations..

Rangers did a great job with pace of play.
Cart people found my phone and kept it in a safe place, so thankful.

I played the course in the past and it’s been great. It would’ve been nice to know that many of the holes were cartpath only before we started. We felt like the maintenance person doing the over seating was following us. We were hit into twice even though we were waiting on every shot. The Ranger took care of things when he came around.

This course and resort has potential

It was a Monday and was told that it wasn’t to busy out there. Every hole had 3-4 groups on it and it was terribly frustrating having someone pulling up behind you on every tee box, well 1-8 that is, I could handle it and had to end my round. Golf is not enjoyable when being forced to play like that. When I mentioned it to the staff they just laughed it off as I was making a funny, I wasn’t. Golf is not a cheap hobby, just feel i spent money that wasn’t worth the value. Hated that’s how my golf vacay had to end.

Be Prepared to Rush and not enjoy your round

It is a beautiful course. First 3 holes are cart path only as are many parts of the course which slows down the round right out of the shoot. . We stopped for the beverage cart as well. Ranger came up to us on hole #8 and sternly told us to hurry up play as we were holding up the rest of the course and if we didn't pick up the pace we'd have to be bypass holes. Pressure was to play a 4 hr round. After that we quit looking for balls not easily found in the fairway, quit reading our puts and just picked up even 5 footers as we felt guilty taking the time to putt out and we quit patronizing the beverage cart. From hole #8 on, we just weren't having any fun any more even after having paid $98 for the round because we felt pressured, and we aren't really that bad at golf. Plus we left tons of balls on the course because we couldn't take the time to find our balls. If you have just average golfers or ladies in your group, you should definitely consider a course where they value you as a customer and don't act like after charging you nearly $100, that it is they that are doing you a favor.

Will definitely be back!

Beautiful course with many looks. I will definitely be back. It’s on the top of my list!

Pace of Play

Hadn't played here for a couple of years and now I remember why. First 9 holes took 2hrs and 45 minutes. The back 9 picked up a bit and we finished in 4 hrs. 45 mins. Waited every shot.
Saw the Ranger once on 9 but only because he was looking for someone who broke a window.
The course is in bad shape. Arizona "not so Grand" needs to change to 10 min tee times,
8 minute intervals do not work on this course. Overpriced. We won't be back.

Dog Track

What happen to this course? Used to be nice a few years ago. Now it’s an overpriced dog track. DON’T GO!!!!

What a disgrace

This is supposed to be a resort course and it was one of the worst courses i have ever been to. We started probably 20 minutes late due to everyone playing slow and the first 2 holes are completely blind. Most of the tee boxes are in the worst shape and have little to no grass. The greens were atrocious. All moldy or missing grass. I would never recommend this to anyone, definitely not worth $60.

Don't golf here

Very tight fairways. Blind tee shots. Mountain terrain. Never informed of cart path only on most holes. If any health conditions, don't play this course.gol

Arizona Grand Review

My wife and I played today with excellent weather conditions. We were disappointed because almost every hole was cart path only. Almost every hole has significant elevation changes and the additional walking was quite fatiguing. I am a 20 handicap and fount that the white tees were very fair. There was significant challenges with most of the holes either with water, narrow fairways and doglegs that required precise shot placement. This course is suited for lower handicap players and I would pass if your handicap is over 20.

Grande

I really love the challenge of this course. The layout is fun and harder than it looks. It’s not in the best condition right now but will get better There are several carries that make you focus and bring the best out of you. I will be back!!

Course appears to not have winter over seeding. Lots of bare spots

The customer service was almost nonexistent. The some total of conversation with the golf course staff was the guy that told me what our cart number was then he walked off. No starter and no directions. After the first three holes being cart path only we called the golf shop and asked if the whole course was cart path only. The person said no just the first four holes. He lied. Over half the holes were cart path only and most fairways had large bare spots. It looked like no winter over seeding was done. The sand traps had about a quarter inch of sand over hard pan. I would not recommend this course this year because the resort is almost shutdown and course conditions show it

Not a good course for the price

We saw the photos of this course and it looked like it was a $100 a person club. Then we showed up, no range, hitting into a net, no balls were provided. Course conditions was not good, bird poop everywhere, greens, fairways and tee boxes were not in good. This should not have been $100+ per person. I would not pay $20 to play this course. Pace is also a little slow but not the worst.

Mesa, Arizona