A sunny day view from Dobson Ranch Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal
Style Traditional

Dobson Ranch Golf Course is an enjoyable track suitable for all ages and abilities. The course has generous fairways and large greens. There is an abundance of forestry; not only are there trees lining the fairways but they are also situated throughout, making accuracy top priority. There are also water hazards and bunkers to look out for. Dobson Ranch Golf Course has a reputation for being immaculately kept and consistently being in excellent condition. On the premises there is also a convenient lighted driving range as well as other practice facilities. There is also a pro shop that carries a full line of discounted professional golf equipment.

Dobson Ranch

Year Built 1974
Architect Red Lawrence (1974) Jeff Hardin

Near the Airport 12

So glad you had a great time!

Started late, play was extremely slow..played only 9 holes..

So glad you had a great time!

Mark is the reason we come to this course

Mark will clean your clubs, load your ice, and help you with your basketball game post golf round . He’s the reason we drive over here to play golf

Commented on 01/21/2022

We're delighted to hear that you had a good experience and we hope to see you back again soon.

Back at the Ranch

We played the course last week so this week we brought our son-in-law. We had a great time and he loved it.

Commented on 01/21/2022

Thanks for your review, we're happy to hear you had a great time at Dobson Ranch Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon.

Good course

Your average course but the people bring the stars to four.
Nothing really special.

Thank you!

Qqq

Very dangerous course. Opposing fairways are to close to each other. Opposing golfers balls were always in our fairways even on one of the greens.

Slow play

This is the 3rd time I have played this course. I enjoy playing here. For the most part the staff is excellent. But yesterday (01/17/22) there were a couple issues that I feel that needed to be addressed. 1) I tried to get a cart about 30 minutes before my 12:12 tee time. I was going to hit a small bucket of balls then head over to the first tee to work on putting before tee time. I was told that no carts were available and that I would have to check back just before my tee time. I am 72 years old and in need of a knee replacement and recovering from shoulder surgery that I had last July. I have a cart bag and lugging it from point A to point B to point C would be a challenge. I decided that I would return back to the cart barn and if no cart was available that I would then go to pro shop and request a raincheck. Fortunately when I returned there was on cart available. My group teed off about 5 minutes late which was no big deal. 2) the pace of play was very slow. We sat on every tee box waiting to tee off. Several times we were at a tee box with the 4 some playing ahead of us. One time there were 3 groups waiting to tee off. This was the 14th tee. Up to this point we did not see a ranger. I would think when a course is this busy that there would be a ranger working. I decided to call the pro shop and advise them of what was going on. I was told that someone would be out. If they sent someone out we never saw him or her. We sat on the 14th tee box 12 minutes before we teed off. The round overall took just under 5 hours. I spoke with a couple of from the group ahead of us and it was there first time playing Dobson and that they will not be returning. I just feel that when a course is as busy as it was yesterday that they must have a Ranger on the course to move play along.

Commented on 01/19/2022

Hey Mtermini1,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us! We aim to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience and this will be helpful in improving that experience going forward.

Unfortunately on busy days (especially holidays like 1/17) when golfers are checking in we ask that everyone gets their cart ~10 minutes before their tee times to avoid giving carts out too early, and then having to unload customers to get the cart for a group going before them. It sounds like our staff didn't relay this clearly in the golf shop and for that I apologize.

As for the pace of play that day, we pride ourselves on taking a very proactive approach to maintaining pace of play. We do have a Leader of the Day (commonly referred to as ranger) scheduled from Open to close, 7 days/week. They do try to make it around and greet every group at least once during their shift, but on some days they get hung up fore-caddying for multiple groups to make sure pace is the best it can be and unfortunately they may not see everyone.

We also keep close record of every group's start and finish time each day. Like mentioned above we were 5 minutes behind when your group teed off at 12:17PM. We have your group recorded as finishing at 4:33PM which would be a 4:16 round. Now an unfortunate truth about our layout is there are some oddly placed par 3's (holes 4, 12, and 14 all come to mind) in which it is normal to have a short wait even on the quickest days. Understandably this waiting often makes a round feel longer than it actually is.

It sounds like we let you down on Monday, and I hope you give us another chance next time you're in town. If you have any further questions or concerns please call me directly on my Cell Phone at (925)-980-1006.

Best,
Andrew Frazier
Director of Sales and Services

The course and employees remain very good if not excellent. The pace of play and lack of a ranger to assist in that is troublesome. pace of play has been a problem for a couple years now

Bad maintenance, shallow fairways, gravels in bunker

My wife and I decided to play this course due to good reviews…we were wrong. For a high $65 twilight tee time we got one of the worst grass quality in the area, way too much dormant grass and patches of dirt (starting with no grass at all on tee number 1, really?) and bunkers full of gravel. And a really boring design marked by XL par 5s… Stick to the great driving range next time you are in the area!

Love this course!

Best value in AZ! If I could, I’d play this course every day!

Commented on 01/17/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you had a great time at the Ranch!

Back to the Ranch

Didn’t get to play it for a year. Really like the new look. Have played it multiple times for several years. I come back because it’s a great venue to play.

Commented on 01/17/2022

Glad to hear you had such a great time! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Nice day at Dobson Ranch GC

Course was in good shape; bunkers nice, greens a bit fast. Nice challenge to hit a slight fade or draw on some of the doglegs.

Commented on 01/17/2022

Glad to hear you had such a great time! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Blah

Nice facilities for sure. Pace of play was very slow. Course conditions ok but must say bunkers were better than many I have been in. Better values out there.

Fun course

Course in good shape. Greens in good condition and require accurate shots on tricky slopes and make sure you can putt.

Commented on 01/14/2022

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the course and we hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 01/13/2022

Thank you for the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Review! We appreciate you!

Commented on 01/12/2022

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Commented on 01/17/2022

Thank you so much! We are glad to have awesome guests like you!

Gilbert, Arizona
Chandler, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Inn at Eagle Mountain and 3 rounds of golf at Eagle Mountain, Sunridge Canyon, and We-Ko-Pa (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Arizona Grand Golf Course, Las Sendas Golf Club, and The Raven Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass and 3 rounds of golf at Whirlwind Golf Club - Cattail and Devil's Claw courses, and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician, Westin Kierland & Eagle Mountain.