Style Traditional

Hidden in the folds of the Southern Nevada desert is the lush oasis of Rhodes Ranch Golf Club. The abundance and variety of water features characterize the golf course. Ponds and lakes come into play frequently. There are also mature palms lining the gently rolling fairways and generous greens. The club is known for the immaculate maintenance of the verdant tropical landscape. The course is player-friendly while at the same time offering Las Vegas golfers some unexpected challenges. The layout boasts a set of four impressive par 3s including the scenic third hole, which requires a tee shot over a pond. The designer, Ted Robinson, touted the holes as the best he's ever designed. Rolling mounds and strategic bunkering as well as the occasional multi-tiered green make the golf course more difficult, but there are wide fairways and ample landing areas to provide a balance. The playability of the course combined with the reasonable rates, especially for Las Vegas golf, has earned the club a popular following.

Rhodes Ranch Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Winter Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1997) Ted Robinson, Jr. (1997)

Dress code Collared shirt required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2016 #23)

Good Course Given It's Winter

Course was in good condition for January Greens were rough due to what looked like frost damage so fairly bumpy if you had to putt thru rough spots. First nine a little slow, but Marshall told group ahead to let us play thru on vacation 9. Finished 18 in 4 hours as a result.

Bumpy Greens

Beautiful course. Car paths only made it tough on the legs. Greens have lots of bare spots and very bumpy.

Greens were a disaster!!

Pace of play was great and the fairways were in great shape. Unfortunately the greens were in awful condition. I’ll still return because this is not something that’s typical of this course.

What happened 2 the greens?

Still a very nice golf course. Pace of play for a first hour tee time was slow.. bout 4.5 hours 5th group off 4 the day. Nice layout. Not 2 hard. Usually perfect greens. But now very spotty and bumpy. The $104 fee 4 non resident is high considering the greens are very mediocre

Course

Overall, the course was in good shape for the winter conditions. Greens were a little too bumpy.

Great Corse & Staff

Play it, you will enjoy it! In great condition and awesome views throughout. Will definitely play again.

Worth a play

Good layout, friendly staff, excellent grill (outstanding Mac &Cheese), fairways in good condition, greens have a bit of fungus but not bad. Would definatelybplay again

Staff was very friendly, the cart girl came by on many occasions and the course was in great shape.. Cart was i8ncluded but you could not take it to the parking lot, which is not really great for seniors, but they will take you to and from your car. Went as a single and rode with another that will be getting together with me again. The course was in great shape and the greens were challenging and fast but good for using your brain. Had a great time, will comeback and would definitely recommend to others.

Busted round, didn’t play

I had a late morning tee-time and the tee sheet with the pro shop, and starter indicated the play would be as a threesome. First of all my checking in with the pro shop was horrendous, none of the staff, and starter under the spreading of the highly contagious Omicron were wearing face masks! Being immune compromised I wear double masks, gloves, and carry a full array of disinfection wipes too sanitize the golf cart. I requested an individual golf cart riding alone and the pro shop assistant said check with the starter . Upon arriving at the staging area there was another player who’s bag was on an adjacent cart , but no other player in sight for the threesome who the starter indicated hadn’t shown. Therefore I chose the other cart and started to thoroughly sanitize all touchable surfaces for safety. Our tee time was upon us and the starter was vehemently adamant about me not having my own cart and said to join the other player on his cart because they were slammed with players and short on carts, and now going off as a twosome. I told the starter I requested to ride alone while in the pro shop and was Covid 19 immune compromised and he said,“can’t do it, we can only put a barrier between you”, with the other player not wearing a mask, I said, “no way”, you either give me a single cart or I’m canceling this round. The starter then said, “you can have your own cart if you pay $40.00 in the pro shop too ride alone”! I immediately told the starter I would handle this issue in the pro shop and proceeded there. In the pro shop the head pro gave me the same argument saying if you pay $40.00 you can ride alone, so they were slammed for carts contentions didn’t hold any water as a valid reason. So it was originally okay to have 2 carts for the anticipated foursome slot tee time which turned into a threesome and eventually a twosome, but not have a single cart unless you paid $40.00 because you’re slammed for overbooking the course and short on carts! What a fiasco, I demanded a refund, or rain check and the head pro said no, contact golf now which I did and thoroughly explained the situation to them. Amazingly when I eventually left the golf course almost an hour later I saw a single player with a cart on the first hole with a threesome ahead of him, and another threesome ahead of the threesome, slammed for carts, I don’t think so! Worst of all nobody complying with reasonable Covid-19 protocols to the detriment of the customer in a highly contagious public environment wether mandated, or not!!! That was the final straw that broke the camel’s back, this course is notorious for overbooking, and highly lacking in customer service all for the almighty dollar. Ask me if I’ll be back anytime soon, that’s a BIG NO!!!

Handicap Player

The course and staff very friendly. My only complaint is I am a handicap golfer. I have a prosthetic left leg and it’s very hard to walk stairs or ramps. I ask the staff if I could take a cart to my car they said no. I think it’s crazy they expected me to carry my clubs down a flight of stairs. I did and carried them back up. Just think there should be exceptions to the rules

Greens Still Need Some Work

The course is in good shape, however, several greens were covered in uneven splotches making it difficult to putt.

Very slow pace

I absolutely hate to wait 5-10 minutes for every shot. You can never get a momentum going. Golfing this way is not enjoyable at all. I feel like I wanted my money.

A favorite of LasVegas

Friendly, nice folks, organized and efficient.
Course was in great condition.

Fantastic views of almost every holes

I can’t believe the scenic views in most of the holes. I would highly recommend for anyone that never play there before. We will definitely return when we are in the area.

Terrible Course

Course was in terrible condition with no grass on fairways and course was artificially colored. Conditions were poor and not worth the money paid. Will not recommend.

Las Vegas, Nevada
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The ARIA Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.