Style Traditional

Hidden in the folds of the Southern Nevada desert is the lush oasis of Rhodes Ranch Golf Club. The abundance and variety of water features characterize the golf course. Ponds and lakes come into play frequently. There are also mature palms lining the gently rolling fairways and generous greens. The club is known for the immaculate maintenance of the verdant tropical landscape. The course is player-friendly while at the same time offering Las Vegas golfers some unexpected challenges. The layout boasts a set of four impressive par 3s including the scenic third hole, which requires a tee shot over a pond. The designer, Ted Robinson, touted the holes as the best he's ever designed. Rolling mounds and strategic bunkering as well as the occasional multi-tiered green make the golf course more difficult, but there are wide fairways and ample landing areas to provide a balance. The playability of the course combined with the reasonable rates, especially for Las Vegas golf, has earned the club a popular following.

Rhodes Ranch Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Winter Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1997) Ted Robinson, Jr. (1997)

Dress code Collared shirt required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2016 #23)

January Golf

Course was very nice. It has a lot of play though. Lot of divots on Fairway and greens giving out a little.
Nice layout with beautiful views of mountains.
Very friendly staff and good amenities
I would recommend giving it a try.

try

I love this course always have fun here green's good fairway great layout good if you can try this one got great deal on golfnow

One of the better course under $100

When staying in vegas I make it a point to play here. Nice overall layout. Tee boxes and fairways in good shape. Greens had some bare spots that were painted. Pace of play good. See you again next week!

Very good course worth to play again.

Course conditions and the layout was good. Happy with the pace of play. Quite good green fee too.

Could be so much better!

I don't write many reviews, however I felt that I had to say something about my experience at Rhodes Ranch so that anyone playing there via GolfNow/Tee Off will be aware. I believe in starting with the positive, and that is where I will begin. For being set in a residential community, the course is beautiful. The layout is strong (especially the Par 3's) and memorable. The tees and fairways were in good condition. Also, the starter and cart guys were nice. Unfortunately, that is where the positives end. I booked a "hot deal" time at 12:20 in advance. My schedule opened up early (single player), so I showed up at 11am noticing (due to online search) that there were a few threesomes going out between 11-12 (hoping I could possibly jump out earlier with a threesome). I approached the desk to check in and the man there made it very clear that I had booked a "hot deal." I then asked if possible to get out a little early, he stated "absolutely not, you got a great hot time deal, not allowed per policy." He made me feel like I was somewhat of lesser importance with not the same status as someone who paid $15 more for non-hot deal time. In addition, he told me there were no openings until my time (which I knew was a complete falsehood since I did the research AND watched multiple threesomes tee off before me) and he proceeded to specifically radio to the starter to NOT let me off before my 12:20 tee time (because he knew I would ask). I then paid the $25 fee for my wife to ride along since policy does not allow walking at all. Fine, just be aware no exceptions here if you like to walk in your round of golf (I do). I get to practice area only to find that it is mats only (note the is prime season) AND you have to pay for balls via dispenser - not included with fee - be aware! I go back into shop to inquire and man was again not understanding at all. Proceeds to tell me that other courses like Bears Best charge for balls and don't allow walkers (THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG - I just played there a couple of months ago, balls were included and my wife walked along spectating for no charge). Anyway, it was not a good experience. 99% of courses on this site will not discriminate against those of you securing a "hot deal." They will fill the foursome if requested. Couple of other notes - the greens were in poor shape. Very bouncy. They were fast, however and I appreciate that. Pace of play there is an issue as well. No ranger out there. To sum, this course could be great with improved customer service, grass range and green quality. Very disappointed.

The person behind the counter wasn’t the friendliest, the fellow running around and greeting people on the range is who they should have at the front desk. He is really friendly and enthusiastic about being there.
The practice green was brutal and I was hoping the greens weren’t in the same shape. Luckily they weren’t (for the most part). Still some of them were quite bumpy and nearly impossible to get a decent putt without the ball bouncing the entire way. Fairways we’re in good condition though and the course is quite beautiful. Played with 3 other locals who were very friendly making for a great day.
The girl in the bar after the round was really great as well.

Consistently great course

Always a great course. Conditions were great for this time of year and course played well. Friendly and helpful staff.

Amazing experience

Loved the layout of the course and an overall fantastic experience with my friend group. Definitely love how it’s 10 minutes away from my apartment as well! Will be coming back soon!

Plays Once a year

The never ending round

I started at noon and finished after sunset. The courses quite nice however, they over book. Four foursomes we’re waiting at every hole to play. It was fairly ridiculous.

I will not be returning

Greens with no grass

I was pretty bummed that this course had pretty tough greens. Not like they were difficult but that majority of greens did not have grass on them. It was like mud and diseased grass. 40% of your shots come from putting and when the greens had grass on them they rolled nicely. Hope they solve this issue in the upcoming months.

Excellent Cono

Played a more expensive course the week before which had been painted green. Was surprised Rhodes was in such excellent condition at this time of year.

The Eagles Lake Course

I played Lake course white tee yesterday and enjoyed the course.. The water comes into play but not intimidating level. The weather was nice and warm enough to play wearing short sleeve and shorts which made my getaway holiday from New England cold weather worth after Christmas. I had very good price from GolfNow too for this round!!

The course conditions were good, fairways were good but rough was bit patchy. Green was fast enough to enjoy. Cart I was assigned did not have much divot sands left to fill my divots. No GPS on the cart.

Pace of play was bit slow, I had a single tee time at 2pm and completed just before 6pm before the sunset.. Two foursomes let me play through which was very nice manner. I caught up with twosomes at 8th or 9th hole and played with them but constantly waited each hole after that. There are no course marshals to speed up.

I enjoyed playing with twosomes, Scott and Aden 10 years old, father and son live in the Eagles gated community.

I would definitely play again when I come back to Tampa.

Good bet when in Vegas

One of the more consistently good courses in Las Vegas. Course conditions in Vegas can be hit or miss and Rhodes Ranch is mostly a hit. Good Fairways, they overseed in winter so the fairways are authentically green not painted green like some places. Think summer and water restrictions have been tough on LV courses this year so don't want to be overly critical. Greens were patchy and a little bumpy. Layout is fun decent ground movement, and a lot of water. Pace of play was slow the course was full play before noon if you want to finish in December. Typical Ted Robinson design lots of bunkers and water pushed up greens but not overly difficult. Rhodes Ranch is a good mid range course not overly expensive and in pretty good shape. It's definitely a go to for me in Las Vegas Make sure you allow extra time as there is one way in and there can be an annoying bottleneck at the guardshack

Used to play here quite a bit. Course is in good shape. And interesting layout. Clubhouse and pro shop are good too. Little short of 5 star but definitely a strong 4 star.

4.5190941176
Las Vegas, Nevada
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.