Palm Desert Country Club

Year Built 1962
Architect William F. Bell (1962) Cary Bickler (2006)

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Tennis

Wait a bit

They are scalping the fairways before closing until mid October. Wait till it opens again. It’s a fun course when I’ve played it before— it just needs green grass.

Commented on 09/15/2021

Hi, Joelmbell. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hello, Jay2852448. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing at Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 09/07/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Palm Desert Country Club.

Labor Day Golf

Review is somewhat unfair because Palm Desert Golf is off season.. In season ratings could be entirely different about course conditions, pace of play and amenities.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Palm Desert Country Club!

Wasps and Bugs

Nearly every green had wasps. They do not pick up the mowed grass and bugs were driving us crazy.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Restaurant/bar closed

Pretty good for the price! Unfortunate that during this time they had the restaurant closed. It was like we had the whole course to ourselves which was pretty dang nice. Greens were in great shape. Surprisingly challenging as well for a par 70 course. Overall money well spent!

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Hi, We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Palm Desert Country Club!

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Palm Desert Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Anonymous

The best lousy course I’ve ever played

I want to qualify the title with this explanation. This course was a big surprise. I arrived at 0645 for my tee time at 073 to be the first and only car in the parking lot. The building where the pro shop was seem vacant and dimly lit. The only sigh of life was a young lady who told me where the cart was and informed me that my fees were paid. There’s nothing new or modern about this track but somehow I felt that when it was new in the 60s it was the place to come. What it lacked in pazzaz it made up for with long we’ll bunkered holes and we’ll manicured greens. I’m telling my friends about the course. I loved it.

Commented on 07/02/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We hope to see you back again soon with your friends.

Great value

The greens were in great condition and there were some impressive holes for a $25 course. Your typical 1960's golf course with bunkers on either side of the green and the ability to run it up onto the green. Wide fairways with a few mostly eucalyptus trees lining the fairways. Bunkers are not deep so most of the time the ball rolls through the bunker so good course for the worm burner shots. Played in 2 hours. You are going to get a prettier, lush experience at one of the resort courses compared to this one but not at same price or speed of play.

Commented on 07/02/2021

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed the value and the pace of play here at Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 06/21/2021

Great Experience

First time playing in the desert. Found this club, loved the experience. Played fast and fair, enjoyed my experience and look forward to playing there again.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Palm Desert Country Club.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Palm Desert Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Palm desert golf

Course was good- greens kept up
The staff at the front desk were very rude, since we have never been there he was not helpful in telling us the lay of the course. There were 5 of us women, he said it would be busy and we needed to keep up- we are good players abd felt the comment was not appropriate, would he have said this to men? We can hold our own..

Commented on 06/07/2021

Commented on 06/04/2021

Worth playing once or twice for the money.

This course is certainly not what I think of when I hear it's called a "Country Club". I looks like it qualified MANY years ago, but not now. To be fair...I only paid $33.99 through GolfNow.com so for Palm Desert, I guess it's a fair value. The fairways were a 2 out of 5, the tee boxes 3 out of five. The best part of the course was the greens. I'd give them a 4 out of 5. The are in VERY good shape. They are a little slow but smooth and consistent. There are some nice mountain views as you play and holes 9 and 18 share a very nice water feature along the fairways. If the fairways were better, it would certainly up my rating. Also, the lady in the Pro Shop was very nice and friendly.

Commented on 06/04/2021

4.7619294118
Semi-Private/Resort
La Quinta, California
Bermuda Dunes, California
Indian Wells, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.