A view of the finishing hole and the clubhouse at Balbirnie Park Golf Course

Type
Style Parkland

Balbirnie Park Golf Club serves as a prime example of a traditional parkland design with a layout that follows the natural contours of the land very closely. The gently rolling landscape lends some interest to the course but the undulations are invitingly gentle rather than being overly difficult. Long hitters will really shine on the golf course since it greatly rewards straight shots with some distance. Golfers should beware though, it is a tricky layout that punishes errant shots with thick rough and densely wooded areas. Balbirnie Park Golf Club finishes with what is arguably the most challenging hole. This par 5 requires two strokes, both blind to the hole, to lay-up before a heavily protected putting surface situated in front of the clubhouse. There are bunkers to the right and a large tree to the left as well as a burn that runs along the entire front of the green.

Balbirnie Park Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1983

Practice Hole Yes

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Poor greens

Greens cord and sanded already with what's like gravel and just horrible to play on.

A very long course for me but my grandson loved it.

Beautiful tree lined interesting fairways. This course is long but it sure does make you swing those clubs. It was very good for my game as it spurred me on and by the end I managed a four on that lovely finishing hole. I’ll sleep well tonight. My Grandson loved it too.

Great course showing a bit of tiredness

I love Balbirnie. Superb parkland course with plenty of variety to make things interesting and although not especially long even from the medal tees the design and natural undulations make some holes a challenge to par. My annual visit was slightly later this year and signs, maybe of end of season fatigue we’re beginning to show. There was some wear and tear on approaches and greens were not as slick as I remembered. But this remains one of my favourite Fife courses and I will be back.

Impressive mature parkland course

Had a fantastic afternoon playing Balbirnie golf course. The course, which is undoubtedly one of the best ‘parkland’ courses that I have played, was in excellent condition. We were a fourball of varying handicaps. We all found the course sufficiently challenging, regardless of handicap. The mature trees did make the some of the fairways on the back 9 a bit narrower at times but were still very fair. Did have a bite of lunch before our game, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. The service was a bit slow and it took the restaurant staff about 10 minutes to initially acknowledge us however, this didn’t detract from a great afternoon at Balbirnie, which we have already pencilled in for at least one visit next year!

Belated game

The wife and I played this course after 2 days due to rain.so glad we played it well laid out in great condition.super friendly pro shop staff members very chatty..bit of a walk between greens to tee.but a lovely laid out design greens were also very good.we both said it will be on our play list for future scottish jollies.its well worth a knock not to be missed.

Very nice

Very nice course . A lot of up and down hills though , would use electric buggy next time. Enjoyable variety of nice holes

Good Scottish Woodland Course

Great layout. Challenging holes with hills and valleys. Wide fairways. Nice rental electric trollies available. Highly recommended.

Fife golf tour

Very pleasant course, but we played in the middle of a heatwave so it was very dry and in need of water. Nevertheless it was very enjoyable.

Lovely course

The course is very well laid out although the practice area could be better maintained; the nets has holes and there wasn't a take for the practice bunkers. The greens were good but looked a little patchy and the fairways immaculate. The course was fairly challenging with sufficient length to challenge the longer hour and reasonable tight fairways.

I would return to play again

Great vourse

This is a great course.
Played as a four ball for the first time and found it a interesting challenge with a few blind approach holes and an excellent finishing 18th downhill with a burn protecting the green.
Overall the course was in lovely condition with obviously a very skilled ground staff keeping it that way.
The staff we met were very friendly & helpful.we have already booked to play again during our stay in Scotland.

Disappointed with poor bumpy greens

Pro confirmed our tee time and was helpful. Welcomed at the clubhouse for a pre game coffee. Most holes tree lined on both sides so don't be wayward. We were disappointed with greens and tee off areas. The greens had obvious fusarium disease and had many bare spots making the putts uneven and not pure. Tees were very bare and well worn. Unfortunately we would not return as both of us play at clubs with much better course conditions even in late April.

Excellent Value

Excellent value. Superb food choice staff friendliness and value. Extremely helpful pro .Although some greens were sand treated, the remaining greens were excellent. Pace of play was as excellent. Will definitely play this course again.

Leslie, Fife
Ladybank, Fife
Leven, Fife
Leven, Fife
Kinnesswood, Kinross
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.