Architect Ray Hearn (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Moose Ridge Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2015 #11)

Difficult Course

I do not find the fascination with this course.
Why struggle all day to make par on these difficult holes.
The holes leave no room error ...hit the edges of greens ball lost in the junk.

Michigan Advisor

Great Course But Obnoxious Golf Carts

Moose Ridge was in very good shape and the greens were rolling very well. The entire course was in really good condition.

Main complaint is the GPS they have installed on the golf carts is very restrictive on where the cart can go. I understand now allowing carts around tees, greens, and areas where water might collect but the carts seemed to shut off randomly while driving through the rough. I thought the rough is where golf carts should be driven?

Incentivized Review

Great track

This course offers excellent upkeep and a semi tough track with the first hole a par 4 285 yrd. I typically golf this about 3 times a year with a group of 4-16. The pace of play is great and the staff is very friendly. Highly recommend.

Incentivized Review

Feels like you're up north

This was my first time playing here. Used the group golfer that comes out every year. Course makes you feel like you're up north. Really liked it.

Excellent conditions, challenging

The course has always been in great condition. Very nice greens, usually pretty quick. Nice layout, challenging but fair. Sometimes the greens fees get a little pricey but again there are deals to be found. I would never pay a full price green fee to play here, there are cheaper options in the area that are equally as nice and fun. Overall a great course.

Title

Players were getting sent off too fast. Controlled carts do not allow you to drive in most areas and shut down when they should not “be in that area”. On a cart path for instance or they will slow you down dramatically when going down hill. Having to walk to almost every ball gets old after about 4 holes especially if you are playing the back tees. Play this course with gps handy outside of cart. Carts do not allow you to play a fast paced round. Greens hold and roll true of read correctly.

Response from on 10/11/2018:
Hello Kevin, thank you for taking the time to review us, Moose Ridge Golf Course, in the South Lyon area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Must play.

The course was in impeccable shape.Really enjoyed the layout and elevation changes.Definitely an up north feel.If you like fast greens,this is the place,just don't be on the wrong side of the hole!

This course is a must. Definitely tough but very fun to play and the layout is sweet!

Had the first tee time and still had a pace of play issue

I teed off at 6:54am and ensured that I had the first tee time. Around 9:00am I got to the 15th tee to find A and B groups doing a shotgun start ahead of me for several holes. Worst yet the outing was not even a scramble, they were playing their own ball. Lol I called the pro shop to confirm my suspicions and they did not care and said nothing could be done. The last four hours took 1 hour and 25 minutes. This is a big deal when you tee off before 7 and pay $68.

Response from on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Moose Ridge Golf Course, in the South Lyon area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the rangers so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course for everyone

Nice and challenging course. Too many holes with car path only.

Great condition!

The Moose GC has shown its dedication to its customers by keeping the course in great shape. Very trying weather conditions have caused some courses to burn up. The superintendant at the Moose has done an excellent job in stabilizing the course from any heat damage. Looking for a high end course with grooming to match, come to the Moose. You will not be disappointed.

Douche bag staff

I love the course out here in South Lyon. Beautiful layout no houses or highways nearby. But the guy in club house was douche bag. We mad a tee time for 3 but are buddy bailed last minute family emergency and the guy said we did it on purpose to not get paired up or something like that. Totally unprofessional rattled me for a minute.

Moose Ridge Review

This was the first time I and my son played the course. It was very challenging for us but we really liked the course.

Awesome course

Awesome course, friendly staff. Pace of play was good but not many people out. Could see pace of play an issue on a busy day because most holes are cart path only, not a good thing for hot days or older folks & the carts are programmed to shut off if you remotely get close to an “ off limits area”. Also water coolers are spaced too far between holes and cart girl left when we hit back 9 on a 90 degree plus day. Only one bathroom on the whole course halfway through back nine. Loved that the fairways and greens are rock hard and balls roll fast on both. Fairways are very narrow requiring precise shots, if you spray balls come prepared with a couple dozen balls or more.
I will add to my list of courses to replay, but not until cooler weather due to cart path only & limited water coolers on the course.

Extremely Difficult

Moose Ridge is gorgeous. Fantastic scenery and pretty aesthetically. Great staff. But you have to prepare yourself that it’s just overly difficult. Lots of uneven lies and very tight landing areas and approaches. I’m a 5 handicap, and I’d probably be better served playing the whites. But if you can accept that for what it is, Moose Ridge is a treat.

Moose Ridge Review

Liked the course. Very challenging. Like an"up North" course.

Brighton, Michigan
Milford, Michigan
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
New Hudson, Michigan
Brighton, Michigan
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Northville, Michigan
South Lyon, Michigan
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.