A view of a hole from Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon.

Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon Champions

Greens Rye Grass
Architect Brian Curley (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Collared Shirt Required. No Denim. Bermuda shorts Only

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers, Locker Rooms

19th Hole Specials 25
Playing Multiple Courses 31

No Marshalls!!! Pace sucked!!

I was truly looking forward to a great day on the champions Course since I have never played it and due to a so called frost delay ( was not even cold) that set all tee times behind 1 hour and then we had to follow the last group of a tournament which we literally waited on every single shot as they were very slow and not familiar with golf rules or play... It took us 3.5 hours to play 9 holes and we started out on #10 .... Needless to say I didn't finish the round as I left .. couldn't think of playing a 7 hour round of golf as the remaining 9 holes had 2 to 3 foursomes waiting to tee off.... No Marshalls, no structure on the course to keep things going... It was a disaster all around!! I'm more disappointed because the course was in great shape but now I felt like I got ripped off paying full price for such a nice course and only getting in 9 holes!!

Great Value

Challenging course, especially the greens. Several very deep bunkers. Tee boxes are all substandard.

Senior golf course hunter

Nice layout and good condition,
a bit slow play but money worth.

Beautiful course

This is a top notch course very enjoyable for all four of us we enjoyed it very much nice fairways and the greens were snot 10.6

Pushed

An 8some played behind us that kept getting so close we could hear their comments. One commented it's just a game when I told them they were looming. I told them it's a game that observes edicate and respect as well as score and if they possessed any of those, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I didn't enjoy the holes before we let them play through. I won't return.

Course Value

Best course played so far during the holidays in Southern California area where greens and fairways are in top conditions. Good course for the value

Don’t waste your money

Paid $70.00 to play. Not sure what they use the money for. Certainly not for course maintenance, there is trash surrounding all pathways, tee boxes and greens. Not used for green or tee box maintenance, the course is a fair mix of dirt and grass. Not used for bunker sand, the bunkers are filled with dirt. We couldn’t even use the course bathrooms as they were locked. This is a poor excuse for a golf course and at a rate of $70.00, there are many more in the area to choose from with much better conditions. Don’t waste your money!

Commented on 01/18/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/14/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, bauzajh. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

I love playing this course. I live local so it’s always one of the courses that I play. However, the pace of play yesterday was terrible. I was a single and it took me three hours to play 9 holes. The groups ahead of me just weren’t gonna let me play through.

Commented on 01/18/2022

Hello, u657791165. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/10/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, IDPRINTING. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Commented on 01/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, tripolirt. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

if the fee is low its a good deal

Fair condition. Not even good. Teea some good some bad. The greens are too soft and look like the moon surface. Picture your put rooling over that! Weekend under 70 bucks its ok. Under 50 week day is good.
They let it go like so many other courses becausebyou people will pay regardless.
Stop it. Think about it.

Commented on 01/10/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, tripolirt. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Always fun and challenging

Greens are fast and pace of play was solid. Finished in 3hrs and 30min. Only frustrating thing here is you will lose some balls in first cuts that you really shouldn’t lose. Other than that great outing

Commented on 01/10/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Anthony2477141! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course.

Commented on 01/10/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, John5143387. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Commented on 01/10/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u8621394. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Morongo

They put a group of 5 out in front of us. They had a little kid maybe 6 running around with them. Not there to play golf. Never saw the marshal to help with pace. There was a 2 gap hole to the group in front of them. Drove off after the 14th and went home. Course appears to be declining. Staff was super friendly so that was cool.

Commented on 01/18/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 01/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Aguiar03. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Always fun

Amazing course layout, great workers, a little slow because it was booked up. A great place to play.

Commented on 01/14/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, u504268102. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Great layout, poor condition and pace

This course has potential, but currently that's about it. Conditions were poor. Lots of dead spots, unpredictable ball marked greens, bunkers have no sand, ball washers have no water, and it was a 5 hour 10 minute round. This is a 30-40 dollar course without significant investment. The staff is friendly though.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello Ae2rSBMFzEE8pofPfF7i, thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course.

Beaumont, California
Gilman Hot Springs, California
Moreno Valley, California
San Jacinto, California
Reserve Base, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.