Yucaipa Valley Golf Course

Greens Rye Grass
Architect David Rainville

Single Allowed No

DESPARATELY need a marshall!

Nice course with nice layout and better than average fairways. The fairways had grass and are greener than most fairways in this price range. Greens were somewhat bumpy and had LOTS OF BALL MARKS from players that either don't know golf etiquette or DON'T CARE! My guess is the don't care. We wound up playing the second nine with at 6-SOME in front of us. They were "30 somethings" who cared very little about anyone but themselves. They were drinking and cheering like they were at a football game. They continually drove their carts way too close to the greens and right up to the fringe of the green on hole 15 within inches of the green surface. Then drove around the fringe to get to the other side. I overheard another player complaining about this group when we made the turn and heard the lady at the counter say that they would send someone out to check it out. IT NEVER HAPPENED! 1st 9 was about 1.5 hours 2nd 9 was about 2.5 hours. One of my foursome who is a member tried to call the clubhouse to complain but he hung up after about 10 rings with no answer. This is REDICULOUS COURSE MANAGEMENT WITH NO MARSHALL TO FIX PROBLEMS. I WON'T BE BACK!

The greens

This place was immaculate especially the greens very well kept fairways very well maintained they have really kept up with maintaining this course a must play.

Mx

Enjoyed playing this course. I was part of a threesome, and the course moved well for a foursome. My biggest concern with this course, was the fact that not enough players repair their Divet marks on the greens..

Commented on 11/22/2021

Thank you for leaving a review! We will pass this feedback along to our grounds crew. We hope to see you out here again soon.

Love this place

Always a blast. Course in great shape. Pace was great considering Friday afternoon. Food was good too.

Commented on 11/16/2021

Thank you for coming out to play our course! Did you have a chance to stop by the bar and grill?

Commented on 11/16/2021

Thank you for the 4-star review!

Love this coarse!

Beautiful course, love the layout. It is an excellent golf value. wished it wasn’t 54 miles away from my home.

Commented on 11/16/2021

Thank you for making the trip out here. We hope you have the time to make it back out before the year is over.

It's okay

Course is in rough condition. Off fairway even a little is very very muddy. Need

Commented on 11/16/2021

Thank you for coming out to play Yucaipa. We will pass this along to our staff.

I always like playing this course the conditions are great!!

Commented on 11/16/2021

Thank you for the kind words! When will see you again?

Wednesday

Course in best shape in last 4 years, most of the greens are back in shape, Fairways being spot reseeded should improve in 3 weeks...for all the people finding Wednesday's a bit slow you need to know that Wednesday's are Senior Men's club at 8 AM...so things will ALWAYS be crowded and slow some as fairly large men's club ( 60 or more each week). Play before 8 or after 12 if 4 and half hours to 5 hours is more then you can stand....

Commented on 11/02/2021

Thank you for the 4-star review! What hole did you enjoy most out here?

Y.H.

Course has some bad ground conditions on numerous holes most likely lasting results of this past few hot mo ths. Nothing horrible, but patchy spots. Greens are good, and as always they roll fast.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for the 4-star review. We hope to see you again soon!

Very, very slow. No marshall

We waited on every shot except for putts. No just a little wait either. Almost a 5 hour round. We played with a local who plays the course on a regular basis. He told us that this was a normal pace for this course. Will never return...Its too bad too, because it was a fun layout. The greens were in good shape, and were a bit challenging.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for playing Yucaipa and leaving a review. We are sorry that your experience was anything short of 5-stars. We are always working on ways to improve pace of play. We will continue to examine this for the future.

Yucaipa strikes again

If I could put -1 for a rating for pace of play I would. They definitely need a Marshall here during the week. Course itself is in decent condition. Good layout but the pace screws everything up. Been golfing here for a few years and told myself don’t come back because pace has never been good. If you get a round where you have a good 4 hr round go to Vegas because your lucky.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for playing Yucaipa. We are sorry about your experience with us and the pace of play. We are actively working on the pace of play and will look into how we can improve on this going forward.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for the 5-star review!

California Advisor

Yucaipa

Rode the Blue/White combo tees (6477/70.8/125) on a GN Hot Deal. Been a while since I played when it was overcast and around 60 when we teed off. Played with Chuck and Chris joined us to make it a 3some from hole 11 on. We played the first 11 holes quicker than we did the last 7 after hitting a wall of golfers in front of us.

My first time here and Chuck described the course perfectly. Set on rolling hills, the front is tree lined and is an excellent 9 holes of golf. The back has a couple of holes bordered by a wash, less trees and more homes are prominent than on the front. Not as aesthetically pleasing as the front 9. It rained this morning, so the fairways were soggy and many traps had standing water.

Tees mostly good with a few areas that needed divot repair.

Fairways had some bare patches but were mostly decent.

Rough was thick and mostly lush.

Traps were poor to very poor, and they would have been poor even w/o the rain. Tons of rocks, some quite large.

Greens rolled great. Smooth and medium to medium fast. They were very receptive to holding shots with the rain, so tons of unfixed ball marks.

Customer Service minimal, they had an open snack stand beside the Pro Shop. Carts were basic, no GPS. Grass driving range down in a valley. I thought the layout was good and the conditions were better than I expected. Only downside was it can be noisy on many front 9 holes. There is a fire station on one side, a school on the other and busy streets run parallel to many holes. Close enough to me that it will get more than an occassional play. Recommended.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate the kind words about our course and the detailed review. For your next visit, we recommend you download our app that has a GPS and great information about our course. Looking forward to having you back.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for the 4-star review!

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for making your inaugural trip to Yucaipa Valley. Could you share more about your first experience with us?

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for the 4-star review. We would love to know how we could have made it a 5-star review. Please contact us.

Relaxing Day of Golf

Friendly staff and well-maintained course made for a pleasant 18 hole experience. Forgiving, open fairways and manicured grass areas surrounding the course made it almost impossible to lose a ball. I would definitely recommend Yucaipa Valley for a fun and challenging round of golf.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation. Do you have any tips for new players of our course?

Richard H.

Well maintained course but a little wet, the greens are in excellent shape and were very big. The layout was a little boring mostly straight.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Thank you for leaving a review, Richard. Did you have a chance to check out our Chapman Rewards program?

Redlands, California
Moreno Valley, California
San Bernardino, California
Gilman Hot Springs, California
Riverside, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.