Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course in Beaumont, California, USA | GolfPass
A view of a hole from Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon.

Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon Champions

Greens Rye Grass
Architect Brian Curley (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Collared Shirt Required. No Denim. Bermuda shorts Only

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers, Locker Rooms

19th Hole Specials 25
Playing Multiple Courses 31

Great course, very scenic.

Nice layout, fast greens roll true, very scenic and no houses crowding fairways. Great course!

Heat

Just like most courses in the IE, the heat and water shortage is really taking its toll on grass, tee boxes, and fairways, but greens rolled well. Other than that, pace was great for a Saturday round.

Greens were in decent shape, the fairways had a lot of dead spots/dirt.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Hi, u1081301765! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Not worth it

A lot of the fairway is not being watered. I was 50' from the green in the fairway and had to chip off of dirt.
This cost me $70 to play

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hi, ggonzal9977. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Poor conditions

Conditions were bad. Could reach the pro shop to complain about the pace of play. They allow we we were about 25 minutes behind pace all round.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello, u000005162606. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 07/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u292008824. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Empty

As previously stated the course was in good shape considering the summer conditions. The greens which are normally wickedly fast were receptive to shots that normally would run off the green. The fairways were generally good, with a few bare spots and several different types of grass. The rough was fair. On the other hand, the tee boxes looked unmoved for days, and the sand traps were wet, dry, muddy uneven and in many cases overgrown with weeds. I only saw two maintenance people working in the for hours on the course. No good service except onneeekends, but they did have a cart girl that visited frequently I would say a good value for the money, and no crowds.

Commented on 07/18/2022

Hi, sstutzel. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course.

Need to spend some money on the bunkers

I normally really like the two courses but the bunkers really need sone work. It’s a shame to have such nice courses and to have such poor bunkers.
I probably won’t be back until there is an upgrade done to them.. need to spend some money on some sand..

Commented on 07/15/2022

Hello, frankmorgan. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Some of the bunkers where a little rough but they had crews actively working making repairs greens where in decent condition tee boxes where clean not to beat up fairways where pretty well taken care especially for a Desert course in July

Commented on 07/20/2022

Hi, Nuddy. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course.

don't let any negative review comments you might read about the condition of the bunkers dissuade you from playing. maybe the visual impression of how the bunkers are maintained is inconsistent with what you imagine for a high quality golf experience, but playability from the bunkers was excellent. the real challenge was in dealing with the auto-prohibition of cart access to certain parts of the course. they really could be a little more generous with that institutional decision making and give you a little leeway to turn the cart around by driving forward.

Commented on 07/14/2022

Hello, brianlockwood23. Thank you for visiting us at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Under the Weather

I was feeling Under the Weather and was not able to make it, but already paid .

Commented on 07/14/2022

Hi, u4458981. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course.

Excellent course

Level of play is moderate. Course layout is more difficult then most. Course is in excellent condition

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hello, bauzajh. Thank you for visiting us at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Needing Some Upkeep

The practice facilities at their course are very nice and the staff is friendly. But the courses are not being kept up as they were previously. Thanks he traps are in poor shape, unkept with vegetation growing in many of them, standing water, hard pan unraked. Rough is unkept also, not sure if that’s intentional but it was better maintained previously. Still a decent course with some fun holes.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hi, u066968535! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Golfholic72! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

I LOVE this/These courses!!!

We recently purchased and moved into our new Home right between Legends and Champions. I was SOO EXCITED when we closed that I started coming over to play before we actually moved in!
The courses are Challenging, yet very much playable. And the Views are very nice. (My wife likes to ride along and take photos of the scenery and Wildlife while I'm playing!!!)
If I "do" have "any" negatives, it would be that the Restaurant and the "Halfway House" is closed during the week... Luckily, they let you bring small Coolers with Ice. (And, they'll even GIVE you ice knowing this... Thanks, guys!!!)
I'd say that "Maybe" another Cart Person could be used... (But, that might slow up play, si that's very minor!!!)
My SECOND "gripe" would be that, the Bunkers are kind of Hard... I wish they could go in and either Sift them or ground them up a little more to make them more "Sandy"...
But, "my" approach to that is not to hit into them (lol!!!)
And, my Last "gripe" would be that, the Clubhouse closes a little too early to my taste... If you close out your round, and you want to play a little longer, if you're done after 4, there's no one to talk to... So you're DONE!!! I "guess" that, if you're a Member, then that's not an issue. But, I've had friends come play... And, if we finished and wanted to extend our round, there was no one to confer with... Maybe they'll work on that as Regular Play resumes...
But, this is a GREAT COURSE.
Cone on out and play it/them!!!
Since I'm now a Resident, I'm even considering becoming a Member... IF I find a cool enough Golf Cart!!!

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello, u975688063. Thank you for visiting us at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. Congratulations on your new home and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/07/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, alfraydough. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi, bobsvo. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Poor conditions

I’ve played this course in the past several times. This was the first time in about 3 years. I was saddened by condition of the course. Bunkers where the worst I’ve ever seen. Weeds everywhere. Their greens where definitely the only thing they are taking care of. I thought when the tribe took it over they would make it a 1st rate resort. Unfortunately it’s gone in the opposite direction.

Commented on 07/05/2022

Hi, Diane6620892! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Nice layout

I really do like this course but the bunkers on both sides are absolute horrible. Paying full price to play this course right now is not recommended.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Hi, neverlaysup! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon - Champions Course!

Beaumont, California
Gilman Hot Springs, California
Moreno Valley, California
San Jacinto, California
Reserve Base, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.