Formerly known as The Golf Links of Charlotte Harbor.

Port Charlotte Golf Club

Year Built 1959
Architect David Wallace Mark Mahannah (1960) Charles Ankrom (1970)

Walking Allowed Yes, members only
Dress code Shirts with collars are required. Mock turtle necks are acceptable. No denims or tank tops allowed.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

A diamond in the rough and great value in season

The current ownership is working hard to improve the course conditions, and with some more time this should rate a 4+. A good lay out and very friendly golf staff all make this a great value in season.

Flat and boring

Not much good to say. Fairways inconsistent but better then greens. Staff was friendly and helpful. Cheaper then other courses in area but you get what you pay for.

Fertilizer ruined the round.

We've played the course before so we knew what to expect. They are trying to improve the condition. That was fine. But then a large truck started spreading fertilizer and the fumes and blowing dust drove us off the course. We were the last group and the truck was within.50 yards of us at numerous times.

Less than expected

I I played the course last year it was in better condition the speed of play was considerably faster I expected that I would be able to get 18 holes of golf in I was only able to

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Port Charlotte Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Really bad conditions . The courses are taking advantage of the Covid situation and charging more and more for terrible conditions ; because of it is one of the safest things to do and they should be ashame of themselves.

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We value our customers' opinions and would like to make things right and determine how we can provide a solution that makes you smile.

Please contact us directly at the pro shop. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The conditions of the course were the same as a couple of years ago and they were bad then and worse now. Will not play there again no matter what the deal is.

Commented on 01/13/2022

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Back in Same Week

My last review was less than stellar, so here I go with another. Different day, different conditions. Tee boxes were well manicured, and the markers were either set back or at the proper placing. We arrived early for our round and were immediately allowed to go off early with another twosome. Greens were in better/improved condition. Thank you. Cart woman was prompt and cheerful. Good time.

Commented on 01/13/2022

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Port Charlotte Golf Club!

Played with Grandson

Course was better than expected. Needs some work, but hopefully it will come around. Group in front of us played a 6 some at times. Staff came out when we were finishing to ask us if a 6 some was in front of us. A little late, Still a good day playing with grandson and wife.

Best course for the Money!!!

Was a great day of golf! i was met at my car with a cart from the staff and they loaded my clubs. As i entered the pro shop it was busy but they were quick and efficient in checking me in. The starter was friendly and got me off right on time even though they course was busy. They have really improved this course and love playing it. The entire staff was great and i look forward to playing this course again.

DOUBLE BOOKED

TEE TIME OF 0922, WENT OFF AT 1000, they appear to have double booked for a league we were 40 min late teeing off backed up completely on the front nine. The league appeared to be a "9" hole league as the turn round was clear and free of a backup. This course (I have played 6-10 x) never has started, that I have observed on the 10th tee, this may have been the day to do so. Tee boxes had fresh new grass but were not cut to proper heights. Greens still have weed patches. This course is on the improve but still needs work as well as better managing of their tee time bookings. Other outings have been pleasant, not this one.

Commented on 01/05/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. We will escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comments for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Great day of golf

What a great day of golf. Was met at my car with a cart. They loaded my bags. The guy in the pro shop was very helpful and the starter got us out on time. The course is being worked on but the greens are great. The cart lady was very friendly and it made for a great day of golf.

Good bones, but it needs improvement

I wanted to like this course. Really, I did. However, there were a couple things that worked against it:

- The driving range wasn't open, as the ball retriever was broken and a new one was on order. OK, I get it, things happen.
- The tee boxes were very, very shaggy, on every hole. Additionally, I don't think I ever saw more than one marker for each tee position (gold, blue, white, green, red, or orange), and the markers were basically small pieces of wood with a bit of paint on one end showing the color. This made teeing off less than ideal, as you had to find a clear patch, and vaguely guess if you were behind the line.
- The fairway and first cut rough were basically the same length. Additionally, there were some points in the fairway/rough where the grass was either diseased or dead, and there was a fair amount of non-grass (clover, etc) on the course.
- The threesome in front of us was playing incredibly slowly, as was the foursome in front of them, causing our round to run long (I rarely if ever take 4 hours to play 18. I took almost 4:45 here). There wasn't a ranger or anyone to ask them to speed it up.
- In 4:45 on the course, I saw the beverage cart twice.

Now, I'll say this course has good bones. The holes are all well laid out (with perhaps an exception for one on the back 9 that had a weird canal/creek/something just in front of the green, but, hey, challenging hole), it's narrow enough to make you have to hit accurately off the tee box, but not so narrow that you're going through a dozen balls a round, the staff I interacted with were really friendly (and apologetic that the driving range was out of commission for the time being), it just needs a little sprucing up. Re-sod the tee boxes, repair more of the fairways (and in fairness, there *were* areas of the fairway that were ground under repair), and on a busy Saturday have the beverage cart go around more often. The thing is that there's a lot of golf courses around here, and right now, there's quite a few that are comparably priced that I'd rather play before this one as it stands.

Commented on 01/04/2022

Commented on 01/13/2022

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Port Charlotte Golf Club.

Lake Suzy, Florida
North Port, Florida
Arcadia, Florida
Arcadia, Florida
Punta Gorda, Florida
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.