Type Private

Year Built 1977
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1977)

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Fitness

Arizona Advisor

Not sure it's worth the drive

This is a Clubcorp Club so the setting is acceptable. But to be honest, unless you are close by (or your parents are members), I'm not sure it's worth the drive to Danville. Walkable even though it does go up and down some and is a fairly good workout. Not very long even from the Black tees, fairly bland layout, just not very memorable. I think one of the members who joined up with me summed it up well (unsolicited I might add), "It's not my favorite course in the area but the price was right."
I was staying in Pleasanton so I thought I would give it a look. The staff was accommodating and got me off early. They sent me off as a single behind two older foursomes, so you know how that goes. Fortunately the group behind me was a threesome so I offered for them to join me instead of wait all afternoon. They were reluctant at first, probably because they were in a match with the threesome behind them, but warmed up to me and were courteous enough, solid etiquette. Greens were fine and puttable but too many unrepaired ball marks for a nice club. I played ok and made a few nice putts, but to be honest I had a lot more fun and enjoyed the layout a lot more the day prior at Las Positas where the conditions were fairly rough apart from the greens.

Home away from home

My parents are members here. Whenever I visit, I try to play as much as possible. Top notch service. Members are very courteous and most importantly uphold pace of play. For the past 8 years, I do not think a round ever surpassed 4 hours in a four some. Course is a bit short, but the conditions are always fantastic. They have all the amenities expected at a private golf course. Food is also excellent.

Danville, California
Diablo, California
Danville, California
Alamo, California
Dublin, California
Castro Valley, California
Walnut Creek, California
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at The Laurel Inn & The Beach House Hotel and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.