The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, California, USA | GolfPass
A view of a fairway at The Bridges Golf Club.

Bridges Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Johnny Miller (1999) Damian Pascuzzo (1999) Robert Muir Graves (1999) Jay Blasi (2013)

Dress code Collared shirts or golf industry apparel must be worn at all times; T-shirts, tank tops and denim are not permitted.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hi, u569704865. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Val7047660! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 08/03/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, JDS1985. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 08/03/2022

Hello Svanwinkle17. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hi, u000005026114. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 08/03/2022

Hi, u137265081. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Commented on 07/28/2022

Hi, bleong. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Unique Course - Challenging for new players

I would recommend this course for anyone who is a regular golfer or is patient with their game.

Course is very hilly and has many steep angles - which puts shot accuracy at a premium. I started clubbing down to limit my balls going out of bounds or getting poor lies. If you respect the fact that it is narrow and hilly, it is a great challenge for working on taking a conservative approach to lower your score.

Recommendations for players similar to I (~30 handicap):
- Bring a lot of balls
- Make sure you are comfortable hitting from different ground angles
- Play a conservative approach (less Driver on par 4s)
- Don't walk the course (its long and steep) unless you want serious exercise
- Take into account wind

Commented on 07/28/2022

Hello, u314162513934. Thank you for visiting us at The Bridges Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

amazing as always

this is my favorite course. well maintained and challenging. perfect place to play with the new wedges

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Acavemonkey. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Bridges Golf Club thanks you!

Charged 9 year old kid just to ride.

My son was not interesting in golf but I brought him along just to try to show him what fun golf is, not playing. They charged 9 year old kid $25 just to ride along. Wow! He over heard the charged and feel bad by come along. I told him it OK but he is not happy the whole day. I brought him to Tracy Golf and they welcome him with no charge. Told them about the charged at The Bridge, they were like WOW!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us, kforce2000. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (925) 735-4253. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing The Bridges Golf Club!

Not for the faint of heart!

This course is for advanced level golfers only scratch golfers i and low handicap golfers will likewise be challenged specific landing spots very narrow greens angulation on all fairways very long of the blue tees position is a premium. To be honest I lost so many balls I played a mediocre round which would normally get me in the low to mid 80s but I shot in the nine mid 90s and I haven’t done that in a long time. However I believe that if you get good at this course and played a couple of times you wouldn’t blink on any other golf course. Very good value for the money expect your golf game to be challenged.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Thank you for your review, u314162446871. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Bridges Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/19/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, mikeshim. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Bridges Golf Club!

Tough track - great conditions

Bridges is a great test of your game. You have to play well to score well as there are ample opportunities for things to go awry. Most holes have a safe side to aim at (often with a hill to redirect your ball towards the fairway) so hitting there will help. Expect to lose a ball or two as lots of canyons to avoid. Conditions are excellent including the greens. And price is good for a course of this quality.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello, potrerohill. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at The Bridges Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 07/15/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Course with great condition but difficult

I play this course regularly. The course is not an easy one for sure. Its condition and green are in very good shape compare to courses in 40 miles range around san ramon area. The pace of play is exceptional since the course normally not crowed. Green is true and well maintained. The only draw back is the tee box which is not well leveled and you have to pay attention to find your comfortable spot to tee off. Overall, it is the best public course i am playing on regular basis.

Commented on 08/03/2022

Your feedback is important to us, john94582. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Bridges Golf Club.

Course was in great condition. Greens were rolling perfect!

Commented on 07/22/2022

Hello, ccrider1957. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Bridges Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/15/2022

Hi, ccrider1957. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Bridges Golf Club!

Very interesting and challenging, in great shape!

I usually can't be bothered to write reviews, but this course is such a neat track in great shape, and a killer value, that I had to write one. This course is known to be challenging, which is what makes it interesting. You have to think about where you want to miss, and it also encourages you to try to make some interesting shots (it's fun to try and cut or draw, even if you don't usually practice it and are only a 14 handicap like me). Lots of elevation changes, many slanted and sloped fairways, a few forced carries, but fortunately lots of closely mowed hillsides to help you out with a good bounce/roll for when you blow a drive off line. Which I often do.

I've played it on and off over the last 3 years and it's always been in great shape, very plush/perfect rough, excellent sand, nearly perfect fairways, and most recently the excellent greens were medium speed. (that's the only thing that helped with my score given the challenge of the course). I recent review said something about muddy terrain and I don't know what the heck they were talking about. There's not a shred of extra water anywhere, and there's no way they'd waste water like that anyway.

It was $50 for a midweek early afternoon and I had nobody in front or behind me. It would still be a top Bay Area public course at $80. Its way more interesting and in better shape then just about any other place out there..... I was thinking of joining a country club and realized this is as nearly good as Roundhill or contra costa, for about 1/8th the overall price over, say, 5 years, so why bother?

Commented on 07/15/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314160450802! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Bridges Golf Club.

Seniors should avoid this course.

'Cart Path Only' and steep climbs in and out of fairway canyons on wet, muddy, over-watered, slick slopes makes this course one that Seniors should not choose to endure. It is dangerous, as well as fatiguing. Then the slow greens make all the effort seem wasted. Too many other great courses in the area to waste time and effort (plus risk of injury) to play this one, and the other courses allow carts on the fairways.

Commented on 07/14/2022

Hi, mbient,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting The Bridges Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

San Ramon, California
Livermore, California
Livermore, California
Pleasanton, California
Castro Valley, California
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at The Laurel Inn & The Beach House Hotel and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.