Sterling Grove Golf & Country Club in Surprise, Arizona, USA | GolfPass

Sterling Grove Golf & Country Club

Year Built 2021
Architect Nicklaus Design (2021)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Excellent

First time at Sterling Grove and I had a great time. The course is less than two years old, and in very good shape. A lot of bunkers (84 to be exact), with a lot of very challenging approach shots. Fairways were in immaculate shape, and the greens were very nice and rolled relatively slow. I went shortly after they had aerated so it was a bit of a bumpy ride on some greens. Only con would be all the construction going on in the area since they are still building the community surrounding the course. It gets pretty loud because of that. Also, there are no ball washers on the course, which I thought was odd. Overall, it’s a very nice course, and I’m hoping to make it out a few more times before they go full private in the next few years.

We, my wife in particular, love this course and we drive 100 miles round trip to play here once a week. This last visit revealed a rate increase in the middle of summer in Arizona and right after the fairways and greens had been aerated. Necessary maintenance but then raise the rate on a less playable golf course, not customer friendly.

Beautiful and challenging!

I was completely taken by surprise with the new course. The course itself is in amazing condition already and it's only a year and a half old. I can only imagine what it will be like as it matures. From the practice greens and tees to the course to the layout of the course the conditions are remarkable for this time of year. The course has a lot of water holes and the sandtraps are strategically located to protect the greens and offer more challenges for your round. Staff was very friendly! We ended up playing with a member and he was a great guide for us. I will absolutely be back

Sterling Grove is Sterling Silver

Great course with a nice layout, challenging but not painful and very scenic. Staff was beyond courteous and the facilities were clean and inviting.

Best value in town.

Course is always in good shape. Challenging but fun.

Great Course, Sticky Fingers.

First time playing Sterling Grove, incredible place. Greens are perfect but challenging. Friendly and accommodating staff throughout, really a very pleasant experience. We were basically the only group on the course all day.

Misplaced a range finder on the right side of the fairway on Hole 15, which was quickly retrieved by a member of the maintenance team, unfortunately not to be returned.

Was an incredible experience otherwise, we will be back for more golf, with a better eye on our equipment.

Wet wet wet

Course was so soggy had to move the up to 15 yards in the fairway to find a dry spot on at least 7 holes. They to to fix there drainage other then that great course. Oh also don’t let members teach there kids on the course at 8 am

Challenging and fun

Overall this course is excellent! Beautiful grounds and will be even better once all the construction is complete and vegetation matures. Challenging greens and bunkers where strategically placed of course. Love this course play it a lot.

The course was in good shape...much better than it was a year and a half ago when I first played it. It was probably the windiest day I've ever played golf. I hit a 7 iron from 117 yards that ended up just past pin high.....I also hit a 7 iron from 174 that was long. The wind was brutal! The staff was great! We had a 12:10 tee time, showed up early, and the starter let us get out in front of a foursome (we were just a twoseme). It allowed us to play in less than 3 hours. Larry took care of us at the end of the round and was great....we'll definitely be back.

Massive Improvement

2nd time we played this course. 2 months ago we were dissatisfied because the greens were very hard and not holding AT ALL ! Today there were SO Much better. Tees a little rough but everything else was fine. Putting green around clubhouse spectacular. Best I’ve seen for a public course. Perfect for working on your putting. Overall this course is a solid 4/5. Greens are challenging with a lot of slopes but interesting. Challenge for all golfers regardless of handicap.

Great value

Nice golf course with extremely challenging greens; fairways were perfect as well as the teeing areas. I will continue to play here when I visit the Phoenix area and it’s open for public play.

Steeling grove is legit!

Most fun Ive had shooting 96! Course is extremely challenging. If you miss the green you pay. Bunker placement forces you to think your shots through. Course was in great shape. Cant wait to go back.

Worth playing

Course is only a couple years old, but its growing in nicely. Very challenging. Im a 14 HC. Greens will drive you nuts. Bunkers are placed in the exact right places, forcing you to trust your swing. Wind can be a factor. Most fun Ive had shooting a 96.

Loooon Drive/Great Course!!

I kept hearing how great course this is and couldn't wait to play it. It exceeded my expectations!! For those not on the West side, it's a trek!! When we got there, did not feel like desert golf as there are lots of trees (still not fully matured) and tall grass. It felt very east coastish. When all the foliage mature, it's gonna be really beautiful. The course is not easy and the greens are sneaky as they dip and peak subtly. Loved how it looked so wide open however you could not spray the ball either if you want a great second shot. The staff was very friendly. Some uniqueness to it as the "turn" is after hole 8 and not 9. Cart service was attentive too. I know this might go private in the future so I can't wait to get out there soon!!

Amazing courses conditions

Amazing course conditions and lighting fast greens. Definitely a challenging course. No shade though so plan accordingly. I will definitely be back again.

Check out their bar/restaurant if you get a chance.

Semi-Private/Resort
4.0199647059
Waddell, Arizona
4.2083
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Sun City West, Arizona
Buckeye, Arizona
El Mirage, Arizona
THE PALM BEACHES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Seagate Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Seagate Country Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and 4 rounds of golf at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, Quintero Golf Club, Papago Golf Course, & The Phoenician Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, Whirlwind Golf Club (Devil’s Claw or Cattail Course) & Golf Club of Estrella.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at your choice of Gila River Hotel & Casino - Wild Horse Pass or Harrah's Ak-Chin Hotel And Casino and 3 rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club, Whirlwind Golf Club (Cattail or Devil's Claw Course) & Longbow Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Camelback Golf Club – Ambiente & Padre courses.