A view of a green at Cherry Hills Golf Course
2.4
2.2
2.3

Style Parkland

Previously known as California Golf & Art Country Club.

Cherry Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1963
Architect Milton Coggins

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Plays Long 9

Nice cheap course, what do you expect?

Courses are really a reflection of the price it costs to play them, in Cherry Hills case or California Golf and Art Club if that’s how you remember it, it costs $11 with a cart on a deal day at 11:30, it’s prime time for the heat and nobodies around (which can be a good thing). The greens in the past couple months have improved since last year, getting greener, softer, more difficult. A lot of greens are patchy and seeing what’s happening so far with the revitalization of the golf course I expect these to be fixed pretty well by the end of the year. The fairways are rough, especially when driving the golf cart on them, they also need new golf carts but before that they need to fix all the holes in the ground throughout the golf course, need to exterminate all the squirrels and gofers and regrade the land. So in all, I would give this golf course a 2 star but since the greens are getting better and I see that they’re trying to make it a nicer place, I’ll give it a 3 star, pretty challenging course at almost 7000 yards, one of the longer golf courses in the area. Not a bad bang for your buck so to say. Wouldn’t spend more than $28 on this course.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Horrible

If you like playing on dirt from tee to green then this is the course for you. Course was in horrible condition. Hard to find any good grass to play on, nothing but dirt and weeds.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hi, Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cherry Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hello, We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Cherry Hills Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Good for the money

Cherry hills can be a very good course, if better care. Long par 5s. Greens are fast. Keep it in the fairway, or good luck finding your ball.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Cherry Hills Golf Course.

Best Bang For Your Buck

The greens were a bit rougher than last time but I will never complain about paying 18.00 for golf. Outstanding value

Fun day out there

Enjoyed my round as usual. Greens and bunkers are looking and playing better. Thanks

Aweful

The course is in TERRIBLE condition

The greens cannot even be considered greens - there are so many gopher holes on fairways - you can almost throw your back out if you don’t drive VERY VERY SLOW

most fairways have crappy grass

Very very disappointing day - waste of money for both of us

Commented on 08/24/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Course should be closed

Everything about this course sucks!
Fairways , rough and dirt all in one. No identifyable boundaries.
Gopher holes everywhere and along with dead squirrels.
Course should not even be offered on golf now even with hot deals.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Cherry Hills Golf Course.

Fun day

Course is looking fine from down the middle.. where you should be. top notch friendly staff, always a pleasure. Thanks !

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Cherry Hills Golf Course.

This course needs help.

I enjoy the openness of the course but it needs help. To start with, the sign that states no outside coolers. Fair enough, but if you won't allow outside food and snack, especially on a hot day, you better have a snack cart out and about. Or maybe have water available at every other hold. (Or any hole for that matter.) They did not. And the course? The first hundred yards of each hole was just dirt. Let's be honest, I paid 15 bucks so I'm not complaining, just being honest about the shortcomings. It could be a nice course if some capital investment was put into it. I hope to see it improve someday. Friendly neighbors line the course and the course layout is good for a Dad trying to teach his son the game of golf without losing to many balls.

Commented on 08/10/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Cherry Hills Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Absolutely terrible and awful

Thought I’d give this course a try for the money— right around 15 bucks. I would have preferred to shred the 15 dollars instead, that’s how bad this course was. The reviews all say this but I thought i’d give it a chance either way. Well, please, PLEASE, listen to this review, and do NOT go. It is hands down, bar none the worst course i’ve ever seen. No grass in the fairways, greens are essentially weeds, bunkers are concrete, if you miss the fairway gophers have a higher chance of finding your ball than you do. Even if you hit the fairway, there’s squirrel holes that are 50 feet deep that eat your ball. Unreal.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cherry Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Cherry Hills Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Enjoyed my round

I didn’t play well and the heat got to me late in my round as there isn’t a whole lot of shade to be found and if you get off the fairway, you are going to have some work to do!! Tee boxes need some work and the fairways could use a little work as well. The greens were in decent shape and rolled well. There was a decent pace of play and they did have restrooms at a couple of holes. The ladies in the pro shop were very nice and made it very pleasant to be there. All in all an ok place and for the price it is worth it.

Terrible Course w/ a lot of potential

I only paid $2 after my hot deal and $10 off coupon but, the rate for this course is $38. I can't tell you how many gopher holes were throughout the course. I wound up playing cart path only because my back was taking a beating driving on the so called fairways that looked like mortar practice fields.. The tee boxes were horrible as you can see in my picture. The flags were crooked because the cups were broken and the flag would not sit straight up. 2 kids walking the course on the 11th hole stole my ball then tried to sell it back to me. Now with that said, the greens were nice. Hard to believe the shape of the tee boxes and fairways and bunkers but, when you get to the green they rolled nice and were soft. This course was probably awesome years ago. It has the potential to be a very nice course. Nice views, challenging holes and in a nice neighborhood. I played the black tees (7050 yds) and it was long.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Menifee, California
Menifee, California
Canyon Lake, California
Homeland, California
Lake Elsinore, California
Hemet, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.