Sunset view of a green at The Golf Club at Rancho California

Formerly known as SCGA Golf Club.

The Golf Club at Rancho California

Year Built 1970

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 17

Poor conditioning

Thought I had found a real good deal and when I saw that this was a Trent Jones design I was excited to play it. Although the layout was pretty good in keeping with his design work, the upkeep and conditioning was horrid.

good course

Good course, greens putt well, some bunkers don't have sand just hard packed dirt

Fast greens fun times

If you’re looking for a place to play where you can get good tee times all the time, hit range balls off the grass, have a challenging but not frustrating course and fast greens that are almost always in great shape, try this place, you won’t be disappointed.
Chris D

Commented on 05/06/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Staff Friendliness/Course Condition

Checked in 40 minutes early prior to tee time at 7:27. So I could go to the range and take my time warning up. I was told to came back at 7:15 to check in and he would give me a cart at that time. I ask if I could have a cart to go over to the range to warmup and the person rudely replied “No.”
I would have understood if there wasn’t any carts but all carts were out front. I have to get back in my truck and drive over to the range and came back and checkin.

Course: greens need to be rolled / sand trap need more sand. Has a thin layer of sand but hard pack under.

Commented on 05/04/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/22/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Rancho California!

Little Improvements

This once great course was slowly drifting toward becoming a dog track. A little TLC to the greens and bunkers has made the course much more enjoyable. Hopefully they continue on this path so that this fantastic old Trent Jones Sr design can return its rightful place as one of the best courses in the valley.

Commented on 04/20/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Rancho California!

Commented on 04/15/2022

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Golf Club at Rancho California. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 04/15/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Commented on 04/15/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Rancho California!

Commented on 04/15/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Rancho California!

One of my favorite local courses

I find myself coming back here a lot. The course isn't in superb shape but I really like the layout. Only issue is there is almost NEVER a cart girl, even on weekends. Very strange since this isn't a cheap course.

Commented on 04/19/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/15/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Golf Club at Rancho California. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Green

The course is looking better. Currently working on the greens so could no putt true. Overall enjoyed the round.

Commented on 04/18/2022

Thanks so much for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Used to be a great track

It was a great place to play, but now the fairways are in terrible shape. The green is okay.
The guy in the pro shop keeps telling me that he doesn’t make any money out of me because I’m using GolfNow. You think I need to hear that? Dude that was uncalled for it made me felt cheap. I know I’m cheap but only people I know can call me that. Anyway its just a terrible customer service move.

Commented on 04/18/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team and thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/15/2022

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California, and we hope to see you again soon.

First time at Rancho California

Course was challenging for first timer due to lots of blind t boxes. Course was not in the best shape. T Boxes dry and hard, sand traps had few rakes, greens were hard and bumpy with some bare spots.

Good layout and staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Commented on 04/18/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Closes early

Overall course wasn't bad greens were all a bit bumpy. Worst thing is the Clubhouse and restaurant/bar were all locked up and closed at 4:30 when our round ended. No staff anywhere.

Commented on 04/15/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Murrieta, California
Murrieta, California
Menifee, California
Menifee, California
Canyon Lake, California
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club (Legends & Champions Courses) & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.