A view of a hole at Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Bartlett Hills Golf Club has been a favorite Chicagoland golf destination since it first opened in 1929. To keep the layout up to modern standards, it has undergone many changes over the years but it still has the same classic character. At 6,463 yards from the back tees, this traditional layout might not be long but it still provides a fair test. Rather than distance, the golf course demands smart play and accurate shot placement thanks to narrow, tree-lined fairways and several tricky doglegs. You might not have many chances to use your driver but you'll definitely get some iron practice. There isn't too much trouble off of the tees at Bartlett Hills G.C. But greenside you'll be faced with nearly 30 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards come into play on seven holes, which include some forced carries.

Bartlett Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1923

Carts Yes - $12 - $20

Commented on 01/23/2023

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 01/23/2023

Hello and thank you for your rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 11/18/2022

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 11/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Rate of play

We had to wait on every shat. Shot. Saw no ranger. I do understand, from the club’s standpoint, it was a beautiful day in November & every one wanted to get in on last round. A little course management would have helped however. The corse was in good shape & overall my wife & I enjoyed ourselves.

Commented on 11/09/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your experience and feedback to our team at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/09/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

I've played here many times before this year. This year the prices were very high, so we didn't play there. End of year prices now. Played on a Saturday and they were over booked. Over 5 hours to play.

Commented on 11/02/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Illinois Advisor

Rude ranger

Slow play Ranger was totally rude when I questioned group being slow in front of us

Commented on 11/02/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear about the pace of play and that the customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (630) 837-2741, and thanks for visiting Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 10/26/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Bartlett Hills Golf Club!

Slow play with no staff support

Tee’d off at 11:04a. By 4:30p, I was teeing off on hole #14. It was the last hole I played. I’ve never walked off a course before, but this was terrible. Starter was incredibly friendly, but no ranger. It wasn’t that we were stuck behind a slow group. Most of the time, there were three groups on each hole.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

First time Review

first time playing this course. the pace of play over the holiday was quite slow. the round ended up being 4:55 which is much slower than expected. the greens were in great condition and loved the slope challenges the course offers. faster greens than most locals which I enjoyed. I like the layout and hope to be back to test the pace again. overall id give it a 6.5/10. if not the pace,could be 7.5

Commented on 10/14/2022

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bartlett Hills Golf Club.

Solid course. Incredibly slow

Bartlett Hills is an old course that has lots of character. Worth playing but a few things to note. Pace of play was the slowest of any round at any course I’ve played this year, which is over 25 rounds at over 10 different courses. Maybe of any year. Even without being sold out the round was over 5 hours without a single ranger moving anyone along. There was a 5-some behind us and they were waiting with us all day. In addition, there was literally no sand in the majority of traps. Where there was sand it was about an 1/8 inch deep. Amenities are fine. I’ll play there again, but as a third+ option.

QUICK greens 🔥

The best greens I have putted on all year. Had a lot of 3 putts. Not the longest course but if you miss the fairway you will have some trees to work around and the greens are a challenge for sure.

Commented on 10/10/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Bartlett Hills Golf Club for another 5-star experience.

Bartlett, Illinois
West Chicago, Illinois
Saint Charles, Illinois
West Chicago, Illinois
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).