The Villa Olivia Golf Course

Year Built 1926
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Tom Bendelow (1926) Dick Nugent (1926) Dick Nugent (1975)

Carts Yes - $13

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #24)

Ive been playing this course for over 25 years and it was by far the worse course conditions Ive ever played on any course. Bartlett Park District should be embarrassed. It is not worth paying $25.00 let alone $55.00. Wont be back this year!

Commented on 05/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Villa Olivia.

Greens are in terrible shape and cant recommend further play until repaired

Commented on 04/29/2021

Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

A fun circus, but...a circus

This place was wild.
Saw it for 30 something bucks with a cart, 40 even after fees day of a beautiful Sunday afternoon...yup, I'm gonna check it out.
So I roll up to this place without a ton of time before tee time so I pace into the clubhouse to get my receipt for the starter (pre paid on GolfNow). Guy behind the counter couldn't have been nicer but there's just a weird vibe in that pro shop. Almost nothing for sale (shoes, polos) but whatever I'm not looking for PGA super store selection but it just struck me as odd being in there when the only thing you are offering is bag of tees and $2 random balls on a plate.
So, again...I'm not really there for anything other then a sunny Sunday round of golf..so I head out to the starter..again much like the first guy..really could not have been nicer. But he seemed a bit shook up as an airport traffic controller would like there was a lot in front of him he was coordinating...but then I'd find out throughout my round maybe a total of 6 people on all 18 holes of the course. Again, not upsetting...just...odd.
So the starter asked me to go start on back 9..no problem. So I'm jumping 2 dudes waiting to tee off 10. So I wack my ball short and left and off I go and see ya later boys cuz I might be terrible but I'll play lightning fast if you give me a cart on a wide open beat up course.
So now I get to 11 and stuff STARTS to get hairy. The "path" from hole 10 to 11 I immediately knew I was in for...something, my Lord my intuition was right. 11 was very normal but then you head to 12 and you'll be wishing that you had an ATV and a helmet then vs a golf cart. Now, this place is a skill run in the winter...be weary of that. 12 and 13 are nothing short of a circus. Now, the circus has some allure to me so I can't even say that I disliked it but playing these few holes of golf are similar to the creative directors of Nickeloden "GUTS" given the chance to design a golf course. You're playing on and through the Agro Crag. The rest of the course isn't much to write home about just beat to crap but still pretty decent, can't knock it for it's value. So the main draw here is some crazy elevation changes just make sure you don't eat too much or nothing at all before making that turn on the back 9 and you'll have and enjoyable round. Oh, and when you get done playing the first hole..turn your cart around in a U turn to find hole 2. You will surely drive past the sign for hole 2 which for whatever reason they decided to put on the fairway of hole 1 and not at the end of it. Or you can pass it like I did and the guy that lives off the green there can you directions cuz he's super nice dude who according to him has been telling golfers where the 2nd hole for 17 years.Have fun.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you back soon at Villa Olivia!

Course is improving. Greens are almost healed from aeration. Some tee boxes are a little beat up. Very little play today so we moved right a long. Wind did influence tee shots. Despite aeration greens rolling true.

Commented on 04/26/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Villa Olivia!

Commented on 04/23/2021

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Villa Olivia and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Love to play this course.

It is still early in the season, so course itself is not in bad shape, but, the greens will need some attention as the season goes on. The marks from the aerator are still prevalent on most greens. The 9th green needs immediate attention! Lot of bare spots there.
Golf has gotten expensive for the average player, as most of us are working stiffs, so with my age I appreciate the senior discount.
We were a 2-some, and we let a couple of singles play through as they came upon us.
Overall the day was a very good experience. Staff was friendly, carts were clean, and nice to see porta potties on the course this early. Looking forward to my next round!!

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back in the near future for another round! Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

Commented on 04/19/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Villa Olivia. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great people working there

I was sold as soon as I spoke with the lady who signed us in snd the starter was the most helpful I have seen. Thank you

Commented on 04/15/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Villa Olivia!

3rd time was not a charm

this was my third time playing here and every single time the greens never recover well from being aerated. i've never had a problem with this at any other course. i booked a tee time expecting to play a nice 18 holes and i show up and they have the whole back 9 closed. a warning or a discount would have be nice when booking. and the people on at the desk didn't even let me know. the ranger had to notify me so i was a blindsided. i really like the layout of the holes. the holes are fun and make you line up some tricky shots , which i enjoy , but the condition of the greens keep this course away from being a place i ever want to come back to.

Commented on 04/13/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We recently aerated our tee boxes here at Villa Olivia on Tuesday (4/6), not our greens. Our staff has been letting golfers know about this before playing and in addition, this information is noted on GolfNow and our website as well when booking. We have also noted on both GolfNow and our website that we only have the front 9 open at this time. During this time when we only have 9 holes open we offer discounted rates. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Commented on 04/08/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Villa Olivia. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

Commented on 04/06/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Villa Olivia!

Front nine only

When checked in, I was told that we could play front nine twice. When we finished the first front nine, there were some parties waiting so we had to wait until they start the first tee shots.

Commented on 04/22/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Villa Olivia!

Spring clean up

Villa Olivia is a basic golf course. This early in the spring the back 9 was still closed down .The greens are aerated There is no food but they do have drinks.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Villa Olivia!

Commented on 03/31/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Villa Olivia Country Club.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Commented on 11/11/2020

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia.

Covid-19 alert

This course needs a decision-maker who stays informed and can act accordingly. We were not allowed to drive separate carts, even after offering to pay extra. If you're not playing with a family member, you might want to play somewhere safer. Of course we wore masks, but a full round of golf at cart-seat distance is an easily avoidable and non-negligible risk. I am worried that one of us might pass the plague to the other, who will then pass it to any of our many highly vulnerable contacts. Part of the blame is mine--I should have walked away. But the course should change this policy or close. To golf courses who made individual carts the default during the plague-- Thank you!

11-6-20

Was not advised back 9 closed, greens recently aerated.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Misleading

Played Villa Olivia in Bartlett, Illinois. I have played there 3 times this season. An 18 hole course that also is used a ski resort during the winter months. The back nine of this course comes into play around the ski area. Well they have no closed off the back 9 in preparation of the upcoming ski season. There was nothing on Golf Now that advised us of this. Had there been we would have looked for another course to play. So we had to play the front 9 twice. And then we made a pit stop after the first nine we got static from the person who checked us in about them being busy so we may have to wait to get our 2nd 9 holes in. We did get the 2nd 9 in but I just feel that we should have been advised about this beforehand. The course is in average condition. The Tee boxes are in poor shape and some of the greens were full of debris that had fallen from off of nearby trees. After the first 9 I went to my vehicle for a whisk broom that I keep in my trunk to use to clean off couple of the greens. Overall I have to say that we were disappointed in not being able to play the complete course.

Commented on 11/06/2020