The Villa Olivia Golf Course

Year Built 1926
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Tom Bendelow (1926) Dick Nugent (1926) Dick Nugent (1975)

Carts Yes - $13

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #24)

This Round Reminded Me I Should’ve Stayed Home

Villa has to be the worst golf course in all of Chicagoland. The layout leaves must to be desired and the upkeep is absolutely horrendous. No round here should cost more than $15. It truly is a cow pasture.

Commented on 06/11/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Villa Olivia.

Has potential, but probably won’t come back

Lay out is nice, views are nice. Sand traps have no sand, drinks cart shut down before 2pm despite half way house being closed and over 90 degree temps, play was incredibly slow despite 15 minutes between tee times. No ranger. Long waits at most holes. Could have been fun but wasn’t

Commented on 06/07/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Villa Olivia.

Commented on 06/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

senior playing 18 holes.

i love playing here. love the course. always looking forward playing here and not to far from where i live. great price for a senior $38

Commented on 06/03/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Villa Olivia. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Horrible Condition

The grass in the fairways was super long and very weedy. Pretty much no distinction from the rough. Also the Greens were just horrible. Lots of leaves and things on there which I get, but it was very patchy with sand and other obstacles that made it super frustrating. Also the Tee boxes seemed super uneven and unkept. I’d probably only go back if it was like $30 for 18 holes.

Commented on 05/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Villa Olivia. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Terrible

Terrible maintenance. Thought once the park district took over, they might fix it up, but definitely haven’t. Rocks/pebbles on the greens, sand traps are barely even sand, rough is rough. 3-4 holes by the ski area that are ridiculous for their layout. Maybe 4-5 good holes the entire course.

Commented on 05/21/2021

Terrible conditions

Course is in awful shape. And it’s not just cause COVID. Played there before Covid and still wasn’t great. Rocks/pebbles on the greens, sand traps are rough. Patch of 3-4 ridiculous holes by the ski area. Maybe a total of like 4-5 good holes on the entire course

Commented on 05/24/2021

Ski and Golf

I have only played 9 holes here earlier. It was such a nice course. Well maintained and super nice people. So fun to see a ski resort and golf course in one. Makes me want to visit in the winter for sure.

Commented on 05/17/2021

Commented on 05/11/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Villa Olivia!

Villa Olivia

The staff were awesome. The course is in need of fairway and cart path maintenance.I. Fair to poor shape.
Greens were aerated and not properly sanded so all putts were a guess.should reduce price until more flush and healthy.

Commented on 05/11/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Villa Olivia!

Ive been playing this course for over 25 years and it was by far the worse course conditions Ive ever played on any course. Bartlett Park District should be embarrassed. It is not worth paying $25.00 let alone $55.00. Wont be back this year!

Commented on 05/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Villa Olivia.

Greens are in terrible shape and cant recommend further play until repaired

Commented on 04/29/2021

Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/28/2021

A fun circus, but...a circus

This place was wild.
Saw it for 30 something bucks with a cart, 40 even after fees day of a beautiful Sunday afternoon...yup, I'm gonna check it out.
So I roll up to this place without a ton of time before tee time so I pace into the clubhouse to get my receipt for the starter (pre paid on GolfNow). Guy behind the counter couldn't have been nicer but there's just a weird vibe in that pro shop. Almost nothing for sale (shoes, polos) but whatever I'm not looking for PGA super store selection but it just struck me as odd being in there when the only thing you are offering is bag of tees and $2 random balls on a plate.
So, again...I'm not really there for anything other then a sunny Sunday round of golf..so I head out to the starter..again much like the first guy..really could not have been nicer. But he seemed a bit shook up as an airport traffic controller would like there was a lot in front of him he was coordinating...but then I'd find out throughout my round maybe a total of 6 people on all 18 holes of the course. Again, not upsetting...just...odd.
So the starter asked me to go start on back 9..no problem. So I'm jumping 2 dudes waiting to tee off 10. So I wack my ball short and left and off I go and see ya later boys cuz I might be terrible but I'll play lightning fast if you give me a cart on a wide open beat up course.
So now I get to 11 and stuff STARTS to get hairy. The "path" from hole 10 to 11 I immediately knew I was in for...something, my Lord my intuition was right. 11 was very normal but then you head to 12 and you'll be wishing that you had an ATV and a helmet then vs a golf cart. Now, this place is a skill run in the winter...be weary of that. 12 and 13 are nothing short of a circus. Now, the circus has some allure to me so I can't even say that I disliked it but playing these few holes of golf are similar to the creative directors of Nickeloden "GUTS" given the chance to design a golf course. You're playing on and through the Agro Crag. The rest of the course isn't much to write home about just beat to crap but still pretty decent, can't knock it for it's value. So the main draw here is some crazy elevation changes just make sure you don't eat too much or nothing at all before making that turn on the back 9 and you'll have and enjoyable round. Oh, and when you get done playing the first hole..turn your cart around in a U turn to find hole 2. You will surely drive past the sign for hole 2 which for whatever reason they decided to put on the fairway of hole 1 and not at the end of it. Or you can pass it like I did and the guy that lives off the green there can you directions cuz he's super nice dude who according to him has been telling golfers where the 2nd hole for 17 years.Have fun.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you back soon at Villa Olivia!

Course is improving. Greens are almost healed from aeration. Some tee boxes are a little beat up. Very little play today so we moved right a long. Wind did influence tee shots. Despite aeration greens rolling true.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Commented on 04/23/2021

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Villa Olivia and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Streamwood, Illinois
Bartlett, Illinois
Bartlett, Illinois
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Schaumburg, Illinois
Saint Charles, Illinois
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.