Hilldale Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1970) Roger Rulewich (1972)

Entertaining Clients 7
Near the Airport 6

The weather is perfect, the green kind of slow today.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Hilldale Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/14/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilldale Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great Greens

Always known for its greens, they were kept a bit slow but it will be very hard to find such a uniformly green set of putting surfaces at any public course in the area.

The course offers a very good variety of holes requiring shots and thinking.

Fun to play and reasonably priced.

Commented on 06/14/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilldale Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for an even better 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/14/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Commented on 06/09/2021

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hilldale Golf Club.

Course needs to be maintained a little better, I remember years ago that this was a course you played with much anticipation. Needs to be maintained better, sand traps and fairways need work.

Commented on 06/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as bunker maintenance. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Nice Course that makes you think

Hilldale was in very good shape despite our lack of rain. The course has some challenging holes and some of them truly make you think about placement to avoid things like water. It was a fun, challenging course.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Disappointing to see the course like this

Had a 4:20pm tee time today for a nice twilight round. Perfect time for me because I can usually play in 4 hours. Sunset at 8:24. PERFECT!!

Oh but just you wait...

Overall, I wasn’t impressed at all with how the course looked. Trash everywhere, greens were slow and bumpy (unlike they usually are) and the grass just wasn’t well maintained.

There was a ranger that drove around doing absolutely nothing except keep a cold stare. Never did anything about pace of play (which was fine for how busy it was), but then decides on the 16th green that our day is going to be over after the 17th hole...at 8:15pm. Says there’s a village ordinance about the sunset or some BS, and orders us to head in. Obviously, I’m upset because there is plenty of daylight left, allowing us to play 18 and go on with our night. This fool just wanted to get the carts in and go home, and it was easy as day to see it (pun intended).

Hate to see this course go down the drain, as the layout is fun and the prices are usually affordable. I wouldn’t recommend playing it for more than $35/person.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Alex. Your feedback is valuable and sound like you had an enjoyable outing, so we are not sure you meant to leave 2 stars. Please let us know if this was a mistake. Hilldale Golf Club thanks you!

Do not play here if you have golfed before

The pace of play is beyond awful. Ranger is actually out but does not do anything to improve pace. If you get in a 5 hour round you are lucky. Multiple groups quit after a certain number of holes. Course is very tight, decent layout but if half of the holes if you go slightly off the fairway you're in a backyard. Go anywhere around like poplar, fox run, highland woods and you will enjoy yourself for the same price or less

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/02/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we are always seeking any honest and sincere feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please come see us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hilldale Golf Club!

Today’s review

Tee boxes are not maintained well and greens are super slow.

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as tee boxes and greens. Thank you for playing Hilldale Golf Club.

Unfriendly ranger

I was ready to tee off just after4:00 when the starter announced that we wouldn’t have time to finish. I paid for twilight so that could have been expected. However, the starter told our group to bring the carts back by 8:10. Sunset was 8:15. I didn’t think too much of this strange request. Around the 13th hole the range stopped our group and said that we wouldn’t finish and to bring the carts back at 8:10. We I questioned him he was rude. He said that the staff wanted to get home before 9:00. I said that was absolutely crazy. We paid for twilight and would bring the carts back when we were done or it was too dark. I’ve been playing golf for over 40 years, played around 500 rounds, and have played over 50 courses. I’ve never been told to leave the course because the staff wants to get home early. We finished before the “closing time” so it was a moot point but he really ruined the round. I figured that I paid for twilight and that’s what I expect to happen.
Maybe he was just having a bad day.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We are going to pass this on as this is not the standard. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Hilldale Golf Club!

Commented on 05/24/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Hilldale Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Barrington, Illinois
4.1987588235
Palatine, Illinois
Bartlett, Illinois

LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.