A view of a green protected by an elegant bunker at Mt. Prospect Golf Club.

Mt. Prospect Golf Club

Year Built 1929
Architect David Esler (2014)

Carts Yes - $14 - $19

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Dress code Men must wear shirts with sleeves, no tank tops. Women may wear sleeveless golf shirts, but no bathing suit tops.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

Amazing Food 15
Near the Airport 21

Nice course for the money

Pretty quick greens for a public course, and with a few par 4s over 450 it makes a short course challenging. I will play here again.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Mt Prospect Golf Club. We appreciate your review & we're glad you enjoyed the quick greens! We're excited for you to return and play again!

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 06/23/2022

Thank you for your 5-star rating! We'd love to hear more about your experience with us! Feel free to reach out to the Pro Shop or comment below your favorite part of your visit! Thanks again :)

Very interesting hole designs with challenging superfast greens. However, the pace of play was terrible. Waiting on every shot on every hole.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Commented on 06/22/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Excellent Course

Surprisingly beautiful and challenging. Had a great time.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Great value

One of the best Chicagoland courses for the money. Greens are tough and course layout is interesting. Conditions could be better, but overall a great value.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Mt Prospect Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/06/2022

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Mt Prospect Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 06/02/2022

Commented on 05/25/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u553934790! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Great course pain in the but greens

Love this course. Course conditions were great. Rough was maintained fairways beautiful. Greens faster than the read and crazy undulations on all. Some tee boxes are pretty chewed up already. I’ll play this course again and again!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, u314161897448. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Mt Prospect Golf Club.

Nice course - crazy greens

Nice layout. Very crowded - 2 foursomes and sometimes three on every hole. Finished round in 4 1/2 hours so not too bad. Greens are unbelievable crazy. Undulations and elevation changes of 10 feet is not uncommon. Expect four putts if you are not in the proper level of the green! I will come back but will pay much more attention to greens and pin placements. FYI GPS in cart is not working properly so bring your phone for accurate yardage.

Commented on 05/23/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000006298417. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Mt Prospect Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great course with tough greens

Course is very nice and most greens are undulating with challenging pin placements. I will definitely play again!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u000004866917. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Mt Prospect Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/17/2022

Hi, Jimbo64. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Commented on 05/12/2022

Illinois Advisor

Similar notes as my 6/17/21 play & review

Course receives an extreme amount of play and as I surmised in review right after the redesign the faiways are torn up with divots where balls end up frequently. FYI our group had 4 balls end up in unfilled middle of the fariway divots. I have a love/hate relationship with Mt. Prospect - green complexes are completely and ridiculously over the top/some green pads to are too small/many too big....and way too fast on the stimp for the casual player/weekend warrior. As an avid frequent player and several of my playing parters - we have come to the conclusion that the greens complexes are fun the first couple of times - but after those initial few plays it becomes a frustrating nightmare to prox a green to 20-25 feet and not be rewarded at all with a good look at birdie unless you're lucky enough to have a straight uphill putt (which is almost impossible on this course). There were several approach shots where I missed the greens on purpose to chip on to them just to get to an area where you can reasonably have a chance to for an uphill putt to attack the hole - getting up and down for par. Mt. Prospect is basically a premier chipping and putting examination. If your short stick is working you'll score very well - if not be prepared for multiple 3 putts and 4 putts. The difficulty navigating the greens also contributes to very slow play especially after the turn. Overall 3.5 stars. Downgrading on my list of places to play because of the divots and it's tiring to watch frustrated golfers in front of me taking forever just to putt out because of the difficulty of the green complexes. Get on the short side of a hole off the green it's next to impossible to get close....I had three shots were I had no choice but to attempt full swing Phil Mickelson wide open face wedge shots.....was lucky on two of them....and one not so. Recommend for at least couple of plays.... I definitely try to play Mt. Prospect at least once a season as it reminds me how a redesign can initially be very well received....but as time goes by there are just too many "mistakes" in the design - this course just isn't remotely playable for the average muni player. The course looks really beautiful but a lack of playability lurks with every shot. Great clubhouse with showers, food, halfway house and nice practice facility with a range usually off mats.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hi, u314160636444. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mt Prospect Golf Club!

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Wood Dale, Illinois
Northbrook, Illinois
Schaumburg, Illinois
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)