Sultans Run Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Tim Liddy (1996)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Collared shirt, no jeans. Appropriate golf attire must be worn at all times.

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Beautiful Course

The entire course, clubhouse, scenery, everything, was beautiful. There was a good mix of easy to challenging holes. And the 18th hole lived up to its name. Definitely worth the drive.

Commented on 06/10/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sultan's Run Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A good day on the links!

I like the course layout, it had a number of risk-reward holes and also required you to pay attention to hitting shots right to left and left to right. The course in general was in great condition, my only (slight) issue might be the greens. The grain definitely came into play and the swing in speed on into and with the grain was a substantial difference. While they rolled very true, I can’t help but wishing they would have been cut a bit tighter so that into the grain putts would have been a bit speedier.

Overall, a very good experience and I definitely recommend this course!

Commented on 05/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sultan's Run Golf Course.

Birmingham Advisor

Though it is a stepsister course to the French Lick Resort some 30 miles away, Sultan’s Run is no shrinking violet.

Rolling farmland provides fantastic shot values and demands a variety of thoughtful clubbing throughout.

Small greens with a ton of movement constantly seduce 3-putts with the slightest indecision.

There is a uniqueness to the sands in these traps. Coarser than most, but had no issue with how it played.

The three-hole stretch between 14-16 is my favorite part of the course, though there aren’t any filler holes.

The club touts the top signature hole in the state of Indiana. With the stunning waterfall that cascades behind the 18th green, they have a legitimate seat at the table of that debate.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad your experience at Sultan's Run stood out among most.

Wow!

I had seen this course in a magazine a couple of years ago. This year my buddy and I drove 7 hours to play it and we were not disappointed. The course layout is spectacular. I love the elevation changes. The last hole is the most beautiful golf hole I have ever played. We plan to go back.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you for the amazing review. We're happy you found Sultan's Run Golf Course to be well worth the drive! And yes, we have the most dramatic signature 18th hole in Indiana according to Visit Indiana Golf Guide!

Commented on 04/19/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sultan's Run Golf Course!

Anonymous

Commented on 06/10/2021

Thank you for the stellar 5-star rating and for choosing Sultan's Run Golf Course!

A Southern Indiana Must Play

I played the Sultan’s Run Golf Club with a friend on 11/07/20. This is an absolutely stunning golf course. When we played it, the grass in the fairways and rough were dormant which was a very cool contrast the green, greens. This course has some elevation changes and you rarely see, another hole except for the one that you are playing. The course offers 4 sets of tees and plays long. The course offers a variety of different holes from downhill par 3’s to uphill par 4’s to downhill dogleg par 5’s. You should take one more club than you normally would hit. The greens were firm and extremely fast. I later found out that they rolled the greens for three straight days, before we played. My advice, when hitting your approach shots is to aim for the middle of the green. I short sided myself all day, which made for a difficult and rare up and down. One of my favorite holes would have to be #12. It’s extreme downhill par 3 with water and sand in play. The second shot into #18 is also amazing. There is a very nice restaurant / bar area and they do serve breakfast. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I purchased a yardage book, which was helpful, since this was our first time playing the course. The course tore me up that day and I can’t wait to make a trip down there and play it again. I would highly recommend playing this course.

Beautiful

First time playing here when the grass was dormant and the leaves were turned, beautiful. Excellent shape. Staff awesome as always. The greens here are always true but usually on the slower side, not this time. Took a bit to adjust. Always a joy to play. Great spot to close out my season.

Commented on 02/12/2021

We appreciate the stellar rating! Come back again soon to Sultan's Run Golf Course!

Commented on 12/21/2020

Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Sultans run is my favorite public course In Indiana!!!

From the moment you pull in and see 2 holes as your driving down to the first interaction in the clubhouse then throughout the round it is a wonderful experience!!!

Make sure to get the potato salad!!!

Commented on 02/12/2021

What an amazing review! We hope to see you again soon here at Sultan's Run Golf Course.

A "Must Play" list golf course

From the time I was greeted by the club pro I felt like they genuinely wanted me to play their course. The staff saw an earlier tee time and paired me with a twosome that proved to be a blast all day long. The course was simply beautiful in the Fall colors and well managed. Fairways were very generous and the greens had some contour and were fun to putt on. Next trip to this area, Sultan's Run will be at the top of my "must play" list!

Commented on 02/23/2021

We're happy to learn your enjoyed your golfing experience at Sultan's Run Golf Club from the moment you stepped into the club! We're pleased you consider us a "must-play."

aerated greens

Course in great shape . Only that the greens had been aerated. If I knew ahead of time I would not had played.I have seen some course web sites put that on there site . I believe you should get a break on price.

Fall golf ought to be better

A busy Saturday in early October should warrant a golf refreshment cart. Also there should be a discount and an apology for freshly aerated greens. But all in all it is a nice course and the fall foliage was outstanding.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Mr. Lindberg,
Thank you for the feedback. We’re sorry the greens aerification caught you off guard. We had our schedule posted to social media and on our website. We also informed customers of our plans when they called in to book tee times. Since you booked on-line, we missed the opportunity to inform you. We are sorry. We hope you come back and see us. We have big improvements coming this off-season that will make your experience even more positive.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Awesome

Coolest course layout since playing the Gatlinburg course in Pigeon Forge. 18th hole is the prettiest ever.

Commented on 02/23/2021

Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate your business and helping to share the word about Sultan's Run Golf Course.

Best public course in Indiana

I can’t say enough about this golf course and the entire experience. From the time you drop your clubs off with the cart guys to the huge practice facility and of the course the absolutely amazing course itself, this is a must play. Rates are extremely good for a course of this caliber and conditioning of the course itself couldn’t be better.. it would almost be worth moving to the Jasper area to be able to play this course everyday.

Commented on 02/23/2021

Thanks for the 5-star review. The team at Sultan's Run Golf Course is thrilled you’re happy with your recent visit.

Great and Fair Course

Loved it!!! Will most definitely play again...Preferably sooner than later!

Commented on 02/23/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Excellent Course

I have played several elite courses in Indiana Kentucky , Illinois, etc. and rate Sultan’s Run in Jasper Indiana right at the top of that list. Each hole is hidden from all the rest and all are beautiful. A 5 Star Course for sure! Bob W.

Commented on 02/23/2021

Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. Sultan's Run Golf Course is here for you anytime.

Jasper, Indiana