Sultans Run Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Tim Liddy (1996)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Collared shirt, no jeans. Appropriate golf attire must be worn at all times.

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Commented on 07/19/2021

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Sultan's Run Golf Course.

Southern Indiana

Sultans Run is fabulous course. The conditions were top notch despite a 20min downpour during the 4th hole. Every hole has a different character from all other and it was a sure joy to have found this gem in the Southern and hilly parts of Indiana. I will go back if I am in the area again. The signature 18th hole is truly an awesome finishing hole.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We're honored you consider Sultan's Run Golf Club a hidden gem!

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thanks for the stellar rating! Be sure to book another tee time soon at Sultan's Run Golf Course.

Beautiful Course

Well maintained, very enjoyable course. Many holes are uniquely designed. Greens rolled true, and are moderately fast.. I would not hesitate to recommend this course.

Commented on 06/30/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your recommendation of Sultan's Run Golf Course, and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Wow ! Outstanding greens and fairways !

These fairways make it easy to hit irons or woods
Greens were firm,fast and run true. Best I have ever played !
It was worth driving 2 1/2 hours.
Hope to bring my son with me.
BG - Indianapolis IN

Commented on 06/29/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Sultan's Run Golf Course!

Beautiful Course

The entire course, clubhouse, scenery, everything, was beautiful. There was a good mix of easy to challenging holes. And the 18th hole lived up to its name. Definitely worth the drive.

Commented on 06/10/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sultan's Run Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A good day on the links!

I like the course layout, it had a number of risk-reward holes and also required you to pay attention to hitting shots right to left and left to right. The course in general was in great condition, my only (slight) issue might be the greens. The grain definitely came into play and the swing in speed on into and with the grain was a substantial difference. While they rolled very true, I can’t help but wishing they would have been cut a bit tighter so that into the grain putts would have been a bit speedier.

Overall, a very good experience and I definitely recommend this course!

Commented on 05/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sultan's Run Golf Course.

Birmingham Advisor

Though it is a stepsister course to the French Lick Resort some 30 miles away, Sultan’s Run is no shrinking violet.

Rolling farmland provides fantastic shot values and demands a variety of thoughtful clubbing throughout.

Small greens with a ton of movement constantly seduce 3-putts with the slightest indecision.

There is a uniqueness to the sands in these traps. Coarser than most, but had no issue with how it played.

The three-hole stretch between 14-16 is my favorite part of the course, though there aren’t any filler holes.

The club touts the top signature hole in the state of Indiana. With the stunning waterfall that cascades behind the 18th green, they have a legitimate seat at the table of that debate.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad your experience at Sultan's Run stood out among most.

Wow!

I had seen this course in a magazine a couple of years ago. This year my buddy and I drove 7 hours to play it and we were not disappointed. The course layout is spectacular. I love the elevation changes. The last hole is the most beautiful golf hole I have ever played. We plan to go back.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you for the amazing review. We're happy you found Sultan's Run Golf Course to be well worth the drive! And yes, we have the most dramatic signature 18th hole in Indiana according to Visit Indiana Golf Guide!

Commented on 04/19/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sultan's Run Golf Course!

Commented on 07/12/2021

Anonymous

Commented on 06/10/2021

Thank you for the stellar 5-star rating and for choosing Sultan's Run Golf Course!

A Southern Indiana Must Play

I played the Sultan’s Run Golf Club with a friend on 11/07/20. This is an absolutely stunning golf course. When we played it, the grass in the fairways and rough were dormant which was a very cool contrast the green, greens. This course has some elevation changes and you rarely see, another hole except for the one that you are playing. The course offers 4 sets of tees and plays long. The course offers a variety of different holes from downhill par 3’s to uphill par 4’s to downhill dogleg par 5’s. You should take one more club than you normally would hit. The greens were firm and extremely fast. I later found out that they rolled the greens for three straight days, before we played. My advice, when hitting your approach shots is to aim for the middle of the green. I short sided myself all day, which made for a difficult and rare up and down. One of my favorite holes would have to be #12. It’s extreme downhill par 3 with water and sand in play. The second shot into #18 is also amazing. There is a very nice restaurant / bar area and they do serve breakfast. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I purchased a yardage book, which was helpful, since this was our first time playing the course. The course tore me up that day and I can’t wait to make a trip down there and play it again. I would highly recommend playing this course.

Beautiful

First time playing here when the grass was dormant and the leaves were turned, beautiful. Excellent shape. Staff awesome as always. The greens here are always true but usually on the slower side, not this time. Took a bit to adjust. Always a joy to play. Great spot to close out my season.

Commented on 02/12/2021

We appreciate the stellar rating! Come back again soon to Sultan's Run Golf Course!

Commented on 12/21/2020

Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Sultans run is my favorite public course In Indiana!!!

From the moment you pull in and see 2 holes as your driving down to the first interaction in the clubhouse then throughout the round it is a wonderful experience!!!

Make sure to get the potato salad!!!

Commented on 02/12/2021

What an amazing review! We hope to see you again soon here at Sultan's Run Golf Course.

A "Must Play" list golf course

From the time I was greeted by the club pro I felt like they genuinely wanted me to play their course. The staff saw an earlier tee time and paired me with a twosome that proved to be a blast all day long. The course was simply beautiful in the Fall colors and well managed. Fairways were very generous and the greens had some contour and were fun to putt on. Next trip to this area, Sultan's Run will be at the top of my "must play" list!

Commented on 02/23/2021

We're happy to learn your enjoyed your golfing experience at Sultan's Run Golf Club from the moment you stepped into the club! We're pleased you consider us a "must-play."

Jasper, Indiana
French Lick, Indiana
Montgomery, Indiana
Petersburg, Indiana
Washington, Indiana
SOUTHAVEN, MS | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Fairfield Inn & Suites – Memphis/Southaven and 2 rounds of golf at North Creek Golf Club.