A view from a tee at Sugar Creek Golf Course.

Sugar Creek Golf Course offers some of the best scenery of any course in the St. Louis area. Golfers can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside from the course's elevated tees. The course opened in 1990 with several improvements made in the following years. The layout is a manageable length at just under 6,100 yards. It is player-friendly enough for beginners to approach with confidence but there are also challenges in store for more advanced players. Water only comes into play on one hole but there are stands of trees lining the narrow fairways. The golf course will generously reward accuracy and good strategy though it is not overly punishing if you are slightly errant. In addition to the course, Sugar Creek G.C. also boasts an expansive practice range with 35 hitting stations.

Sugar Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Architect Ron Kern (1990) Gary Kern (1990)

Golf Simulator Yes

Thick Rough 7

Fall golf

I went to the course about 10 AM . That would give me enough time to hit a bucket of balls, and I was able to start my round just a bit early. It was crowded but there was a break in the tee times. I got through the first 5 or 6 holes, before it started to slow down, it was backed up the rest of the round. I would say the pace was slow, as you can tell by the rating on pace of play. Other than that I was very happy with my experience. The course has been reseeded though out, new drainage culverts have been installed. For a beautiful fall day, the course was in great shape. Keep up the great work being done by staff and management, thank you.

Great layout, top notch greens

HIdden gem. Inexpensive, lots of elevation changes and great layout. Not a typical back & forth muni. The greens are are as good as some high end courses, Overall a fun course to play.

Play was way too slow. Two foursomes ahead of us that should playing a par 3 course. No Marshall to help

Good day

We had several groups of four in front of us on the front nine, however the back nine moved along nicely.

Tee boxes need a lot of work and lots of bare spots in the fairways.

Missouri Advisor

Improved greens make it a respectable course

Hadn’t played Sugar Creek in many, many years as it was SO run down but the new owners have made some improvements and it has become a halfway decent course that we played for very cheap. A few years ago, it was a one-star course but it has improved now to the point of being respectable that I would recommend but with some warnings.

The greens are the most notable place with the biggest improved conditions. They used to be AWFUL and unplayable but new ones have been put in and were in good shape. They rolled great but were so hard it was difficult to leave a ball mark unless you had a wedge into the green. However, the fairways are terrible and the tee boxes are not much better. It is a pretty short course so we moved from the white tees to the blues which were in slightly better condition.

The course was pretty crowded but the pace was OK on the front nine. However, when we got to 10, it started to back up. The problem was that they let a six-some out on the course!!! It got so bad, we just skipped hole 12.

I mentioned that they are working on the course, and in fact holes 8 and 18 were closed and we did not get to play them. In addition, the entire fairway on 14 was reseeded and was cartpath only.

I’m glad the new ownership is making slow improvements. I kind of forgot how much fun the layout is and the wild elevation changes on some of the holes.

This course Rocks!!!!

This course Rocks !!! a Great staff here!! Very helpful and friendly!!! and the course itself is very fun and a great test of skill, fun for everybody to play. and in really great shape and improving!! Will play again for sure.

This course Rocks!!!!

What a great place to play. Great shape, Great staff, Great price, Just Amazing!!

Playing thru the storm.

Course was in great condition, muddy in places because of the rain. Cart paths DEFINITELY need to be resurfaced! Great staff!

Not a good experience

The course was in pretty good shape, though the greens were pretty bad (as it appears that they've started the fall maintenance -- LOTS of sand on the greens.) That may be why the price was lower than it had been all summer. We have for years liked this course a lot because of the layout and the people are friendly, yet it seems that every time we play it we leave dissatisfied. Yesterday, the pace was unbelievably slow. I actually called the clubhouse at the 13th tee and asked them for some help. They said they would send someone out, but no one ever came and there was no relief.
To explain ... Through the front 9, we stuck it out behind a newbie threesome that wouldn't let anyone play through, and were able to pass them by not stopping in the clubhouse at the turn. However, when we got to 10 we encountered a fivesome! On a busy day! We caught them at the 11th tee and asked to play thorough. One cart ignored us and headed on to their balls, parking in the middle of the fairway. The other carts said rudely said to play through, but we couldn't because the people in the fairway were already standing over their balls. So we skipped 11 and we get to 12 and there's a foursome playing a two-person team scramble -- and taking, no exaggeration, 3-5 minutes per team every shot, including 2nd putts! It was awful. IMHO, if a course is going to pack people in as they did yesterday, it's not a nicety, but a necessity to have one or more marshals out on the course to enforce pace. I want so badly to have a good experience here because I like the course and want to support them, but average conditions, bad greens and horrible pace do not make for much excitement to ever return.

Fun day

If you’re looking for a challenge and enjoy clubs having rangers or Marshall’s to keep pace, then this club is perfect.

Amazing course!

Very well laid out. Holes are fun but technical. Pricing is very reasonable. Membership are fairly priced. Course conditions are amazing given Missouri weather!

Sugar Creek is on its way back!

I last played Sugar Creek several years ago and swore I would never come out again. However, I caught a GN deal while I was in the neighborhood and decided to give it a shot. I have to admit I was blown away how far back the course has come. Sorkis and his team have done a fantastic job. It isn’t perfect yet, but course conditions have improved dramatically. The layout has always been a great mix of fun and challenging. The staff was friendly and it meant a lot to me that the owner was a) out working the course and b) came up to personally introduce himself, shake my hand and invite me back. Go play Sugar Creek! Your money will be well-spent and help reinvigorate a golf track with tons of potential.

High Ridge, Missouri
Fenton, Missouri
Fenton, Missouri
Eureka, Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
Saint Louis, Missouri
Crescent, Missouri
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 2 rounds of golf at The Cove and The Ridge at The Lodge of Four Seasons.
BRANSON, MO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at choice between two Hilton hotels, 2 rounds of golf at Big Cedar Lodge, and 1 round of golf at Branson Hills.
SOUTHAVEN, MS | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Fairfield Inn & Suites – Memphis/Southaven and 2 rounds of golf at North Creek Golf Club.