Golden Pheasant Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Architect Stephen Kay

Bar

Very Good

Very good course to play. Layout is fun and the greens were rolling firm and fast which is where it should be. Keep up the great work to the head pro !!

Commented on 04/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000005471083! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 04/05/2021

Hello, u4630765. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Overall great experience

Always enjoy playing GP, great staff and nice course layout. Pace of play is an issue sometimes but that’s golf.

Commented on 04/06/2021

Hello, Alex2158457. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, jeepjeep83. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Flood

The entire course was flooded .Th course should have been closed..

Commented on 03/30/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Day

I had a great day today and the course was in great shape. Everyone who works here is polite, patient,and very helpful

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159269881! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Frost delay

Longest round in the thirty plus years I've played the game...you guys overbook tee times. every 8 mins is just ridiculous .probly will not return.

Commented on 03/22/2021

Hello, u3066143. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

Wish I brought a fly rod.

I really enjoyed playing this course, the layout was fun and takes advantage of the terrain. The groups around me were friendly, which is good because we spent A LOT of time together waiting to hit shots, but the views were nice and often near some streams I’d probably fish in if given the opportunity. The staff were friendly. If I had any complaints aside from the dreadful pace of play, (6 hrs for 18 holes), I wish there had been a full length driving range, instead of a 40 yard enclosed net to hit into.

I would definitely play again in the summer or fall if I were in the area.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, KCAR33. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

New Jersey Advisor

Fun Course Great Staff

Let me start by saying Golden Pheasant is how a golf course should be run. From the pro shop to the starter to the Bartender post round, all of our experiences were extremely pleasant. This was our first time playing the course and I will definitely be back. I got to the course after my son and he paid for me (Thanks Son). I walked up to him on the putting green and the first thing he said to me was he might’ve just met the nicest pro in his many years of playing golf. The pro is Brian who asked my son if he played the course before and when he said no, he gave him two yardage books and started to take him through the course setup and conditions. Also cracked a joke about the starter. The starter was on top of his game. It was a crowded Thursday with temps in the 70’s for the first time in months. He was a great traffic cop. We teed off at 12:36 right on time. We had a couple of beers after the round and we got a chance to meet and talk to Karen the bartender. She chatted with us about our day, told us about the course, told us about Brian the pro, who is her brother and checked on us often. The chef was there as well and he checked on us to see if we needed any food. We didn’t eat but others around us were very complimentary on their food. Golden Pheasant is an interesting course listed as a Stephen Kay / Doug Smith design. Looked a little bland with no leaves on the trees. I’ve played a good number of Kay’s courses and he did a restoration of my former course a number of years back which was well received by the membership. They’re pouring money into the course to make improvements. New cart paths and taking down a lot of unnecessary trees. First few holes pretty boring but let’s you get the round started. Back was much more interesting. Greens were very fast for March. I’d say 10-11 and many had some pretty good pitch to them. Turf conditions on Tees, fairways and greens were excellent. Rough was a little sparse because hey, it’s March. Greens had small tine punches that did no impact their roll and they were fast. Probably 10-11 on the Stimp. The course is pretty well tree lined but there are obviously no leaves on the trees. I think the course will have a much better look and framing when the leaves are on the trees. We played from the back blue tees which lists the yardage at 6,315 yards. The fist few holes are pretty bland. You start off with a 555 yard par 5 then a short 137 yard par 3 followed by a short 365 yard par 4. Not much trouble on those three holes and it allows you to get your round started. Holes 4 and 5 are the teeth of the front. The fourth is a 450 yard par 4 with a tough approach to a down hill green and the fifth is a 423 yard par 4 with an uphill tee shot. The remainder of the holes on the front are pretty short with the exception of the down hill par 3 eighth which is 183 down hill. Plays about a club less don’t miss left. The Back was much more interesting. There are two risk reward par fours, the 12th 298 yards and the 17th 288 yards. A bomber can hit em both. My son hit it into the lip of the bunker in front of the green on 12 and was pin high on 17. The fourteenth is a great par 5 that can be hit in two with a good drive. The second shot played a bit down hill with a well placed tree on the left side of the green. The fifteenth is the signature hole. A 191 yard par three with a severely sloped green from back right to front left. The highlight of my round was making a 25’ birdie putt from above the hole. I barely tapped it and I could’ve beaten the ball to the hole. If it didn’t go in, I might’ve been off the green. All in all a fun day, a fun course that is excellently run by a great staff. We’ll be back and look forward to playing the course with leaves on the trees and green growing grass.

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello, ARMGolf. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timmwilliams! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello, u146771797. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/22/2021

Hello, u406949715. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, u082950857. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pleasantly surprised

You can see they've done a lot of work to this course. The new cart paths are a great addition. Looking forward to playing again soon.

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, RobertAquaman! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello, semaj63. Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, dangelojake! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 03/22/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Matt856! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Medford, New Jersey