Formerly known as "Port Jervis Country Club".

The Lynx at River Bend Golf Club

Year Built 1915
Fairways Ryegrass
Greens Bent
Architect A. W. Tillinghast (1915) Ron Cutlip

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Teaching Pro No

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted
Dress code Collared shirt required, no jeans allowed, cargo shorts are ok

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Great course!

Beautiful course and well maintained. Challenging holes with bunkers and water obstacles and some narrow fairways. Love the staff there and the new clubhouse near the first and tenth tee boxes. Greens and tee boxes were in great shape. Hard to find a better public course in the area I'd say!

swinging Johnson's

The Lynx is one of my son and my favorite local courses to play!! Challenging from the lynx tees but fair and extremely fun.

play every weekend for 10 years

me and my buddy started playing this course when the new owners took over .back then it was in rough shape to say the least.greens where covered in plastic to help seeding ,course was flooded sometimes .then the usga came in and helped with drainage and other improvements. lots of new plantings new carts and new clubhouse make this a much better course than 10 years ago.first 3 holes are very challanging ,tilinghast did not make it easy .people here are very friendly .my only complaint is that we dont have the course to ourselves anymore ,people come from all over now to play our little secret course.good luck to Drew and his crew from jim and jeff.

excellent staff
been playing here for 5 years now and each year the course gets better and better

Nice course, tends towards a little wet. Greens we're slow when we played but in generally good shape. Hole location needed to be changed, looked like it was not done in a while. Generally a nice course and we'll be back

Patience and Consideration

I titled this review patience and consideration because i played this course a couple of weeks ago when several reviews were placed about hay on the tees, etc. and i wanted to review then as well, but decided to wait and see how things progressed as you could clearly see that they were working on the tees and several other areas of the course. After what seems like months of continued rain, i decided to go play the Lynx today and to my surprise it was not as wet as i expected, and as I suspected the tees were starting to really grow in and I could see that while it was not the best playing conditions at the time, that the complete overhaul of the Tees was going to ultimately make them really nice. There were a couple of spots on a few greens, but I see that on many courses, even those on major events on the tour, however they have pins located so that it doesn't effect play and you can see that they are growing in. These guys have put a lot of time and money into what I think is a great layout and I am excited to see the end result of all that work.

Greens and tees in bad shape

Tees dry and dead grass...greens lots of fungus....no bathrooms on course

Response from on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the conditions. We will keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope to have you back again sometime soon.

Layout change and bad tee boxes

Change is no for the better here. A bit confusing. Tee boxes are in horrible shape and the greens are below average.

Response from on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. On behalf of all of our staff, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions of the course. We will keep working to have the course in shape for the summer. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you out here again sometime soon.
New York Advisor

A.W Tillinghast?

Built 9 hole in 1922. There is very little left that resembles anything he's done. Conditions are terrible throughout. Some greens have bare spots. The routing was very strange also, pay attention to the signs. Local knowledge would help as there are a few blind T shots. Drove an hour and a half to play, certainly not worth that. Very few playing which is why the pace of play was good. Good points, there are a few nice green complexes and they are certainly working on the course. Play it once if you haven't, but certainly not worth a long drive.

Response from on 07/13/2018:
Hello, on behalf of The Lynx at River Bend Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Commented on 07/14/2018

Hey U4805245
Most of my reviews (230+)are positive, but I call them as I see them. This course needs a lot of work. I really hesitate on making a negative review. I don't see any other reviews from you.

Commented on 07/13/2018

I travel extensively throughout the US so I rely heavily on reviews for certain things. I just finished 18 holes and I must say, this has to be one of the more misleading reviews that I’ve read in quite some time. In relation to the 5 recent courses that I’ve played, this course has some of the best views and overall scenery out there. It’s clear that the ownership has taken much pride in fixing/updating conditions that were neglected in years past. For the money, $45, one of the best around! Well worth the drive.

Nice Except for ...

Really ENJOYED the whole experience - the ride there, the friendliness of the staff , the course itself . The ONLY thing I didn't enjoy was the condition of the tee boxes - they were TERRIBLE on almost every hole ! They were VERY PATCHY AND UNCUT with hay all over them . I'm guessing the hay was there to keep the sun off the seeds but it obviously DIDN'T HELP - the the seeds just never really TOOK for some reason. I DUCK HOOKED about 7 tee balls [ which RUINED any chance of a GOOD scoring round ] and I NEVER DO THAT ! I FADE the ball when I hit it right or SLICE IT when I hit it bad but I NEVER hook it . I attribute that to the UNEVENESS of the tee boxes [ due to the PATCHINESS of them ] AND the fact the grass is high in some spots which made it difficult for me to tee the ball the right height EVERY TIME ! Like I said though OVERALL I really enjoyed the experience and will definitely BE BACK SOON ! I LOVE the course layout - it's really NEAT !

Hay on Tee Boxes

Fun course but two issues - mark next holes better - got lost from 17 to 18 - and get rid of the hay and mark the tee boxes - no markers whatsoever. I hit from what I thought would be the back tees. In summary, my wife and I had fun. The course is worth - 25 to 30 dollars.

Response from on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. On behalf of all the staff here, we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the course to be fun, and we thank you for recommending our course.
Montague, New Jersey
Pine Island, New York
Branchville, New Jersey
Vernon, New Jersey
Hamburg, New Jersey
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.