Previously known as Indian Creek Golf Club.

Ashton Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Bent
Architect Desmond Muirhead Mike Young (2012)

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2015 #14)

Amazing Food 8
Dinner 8

Many changes beneficial

The course has changed and upgraded, and was in great condition. It has always been challenging & remains the same.
If there is a complaint, the walkups or walkdowns to many tee boxes & greens was very steep, and only a few had stairs.

ef7d0d0e-d96a-5808-b06f-346299e8c546
Commented on 02/17/2015

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again!

Great course for the money. play was really good only one group that was really slow. green were in really good shape and so was the rest of the course.

Recommend as course to play

Good course in Good condition run by Good people. Greens are fast especially on downhill putts, also several fairways have slant to them, causing a good looking tee shot to roll into trouble. Double greens on a par 4 & par 3 a neat hole. Marshal to start us off first tee. Pace of play today could improve. I need a good deal to play, probably would not pay full price. Complimentary coffee in clubhouse.

Wouldn’t play

These rich people are ridiculous. I paid for my own cart (they said i would have to ride with someone else).
I show up 15 minutes late and they act like it’s the end of the world.
Disrespectful to regular people. As a business owner myself, wouldn’t go back.

Nice to be Back

I hadn't played Ashton Hills in a very long time. Got a friendly greeting upon check in. It's great to see the crew has kept the course in very good shape. The greens are in great shape, consistent & FAST. The heavy rain from a few days ago softened things up a bit but not much. Better have your touch around the greens. Unfortunately the rain also washed out all the bunkers. The grounds crew is working on it but it'll take them a while to get em all back. Looking forward to coming back!

The greens are only the best part of the course

After reading many good reviews, we decided to play at this course for the first time. It was more than an hour of driving but we thought it would be worth it. As a few reviewers had mentioned, staff in the pro shop wasn't friendly. Without any explanation, he told us to play back nine first while the course looked literally empty on Tuesday. I understand it hadn't been rained for several days but tee boxes, fairways, roughs, and around the greens were too hard. At couple of tee boxes, we had hard time sticking tees because ground was too hard. Chipping wasn't easy due to hard surface. All bathrooms were locked so we had to hold it until we made turns. However, best thing of the course was the greens. The greens were in excellent condition and they were FAST. We actually enjoyed putting but not so much around greens. Overall, it was a good course for the price but not worth a long drive for us.

Beware of the Sandman - Lots of sand traps

OK, the reviews you have read regarding the course are spot-on!

My wife and I had the pleasure to play this course for the first time yesterday (4-13-2021).

Bryan (either the owner or Golf Pro) was a VERY nice guy and helped us to navigate the course with tips and directions.

The outside staff were very friendly as well but a bit talkative (hee-hee) which I didn't really mind as there was no one in sight behind us.

With that being said, we were schedule as the second tee spot with a foursome ahead of us. The foursome ahead extended us the invitation to tee off ahead of them since we were just two. We gladly accepted and turned out to be a good gift and decision as we never saw them again.

My wife and I ran into a little trouble on the course but we kept well ahead of the group behind us.

Now regarding the course...........

WhoooooooBOY! Those greens are fast and undulating/slope. I was fully aware that they would be fast but it took me practically nine holes to finally find the feel to leave myself a second putt within 6 feet or less.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you go up a club for your approach shots and try to either land on the fringe or as much below the hole on the green as you can.

Ashton HILLS is a good name for the course but I would rename it to Ashton Sand&Hills. They is a lot of sand traps out there. As of this post, some of them are pretty muddy that I refused to hit out of while other are combed nicely and are soft/fluffy which made it easy to get your wedge under.

The tee boxes and fairways were all manicured nicely as were those Fast nasty greens.

The homes were a bit close to the course around some starting fairway points but nothing that will distract your game.

Now "IF" I were to ding the course one star "WHICH I WON'T", that would be I saw no porta-potties/restroom on the front nine and only one on the back. In fairness, it is possible that I may have missed them if they do exists. If you are a woman playing, I suggest you empty your bladder before you tee off. If you are a man, "It's Great To Be The KING!" (How sexist is that - please don't take offense, I am just being silly there).

I have a standing rematch with the greens on the front nine, so I do plan to avenge myself.

As I was leaving the ninth green, I looked back and said "I'll be back for you!" The green confidently replied back "You can come out here if you want to, we'll be here and we got something for you".

3.5, not 3 but not 4 either right now in March

We had some clowns in front of us that watch too much TV golf and were not that good. At least they played the white tees. Tough time of year to play because many courses don't have much grass right now. I like Ashton Hills but they always send non members off the back and save the front for the members. Then you make the turn and get screwed! Plus cart path only yesterday and the fairways are really firm now so carts could have driven anywhere yesterday. Greens were great. Guy with beard in pro shop never overly friendly to outsiders.

Had a Wonderful Time!!

This is an awesome course! Lots of rolling hills and challenging features. My husband said this was one of the nicest courses he has ever played!

Birmingham Advisor

As a non-resident of Atlanta, I imagine Ashton Hills is representative of the city’s public golf scene: highly interesting course, good conditions, crowded tee sheet, and an excellent value.

Was in Covington dropping my wife and daughter off for a TV show tour and needed 4 hours to kill. Ashton Hills was six minutes away and I was pleasantly surprised by the $34 twilight rate after 1pm. Was sent off the back nine and didn’t see another golfer until making the turn. Was a bit crowded on my inward nine, but I’m sure it was unlike what I could envision happening on the weekends here.

The course was very interesting. There are several blind shots off the tee, so as a single seeing the place for the first time, I was a bit out of sorts. There is a ton of movement in the fairways as well, usually steering balls toward bowled collection areas.

There is variety in the par 4s, but it is the par 3s that really stand out. Likewise, they offer very different shot values. Double greens are not a novel design concept. I can’t recall ever seeing one shared by consecutive holes, however, like the 12th and 13th. That is memorable.

Several holes provide excellent risk/reward propositions, none more than the opening hole - a par 5. A ditch divides the fairway, making driver for most players too much club off the tee. The second shot is most interesting. Options abound. Missing this green left, or placing it in the front green side bunker can get your day off on a sour note with a big number. And if the pin is on the far left of the green, as it was today, you can easily putt your ball off the green and down into the chasm below. Balls could actually roll into a dry penalty area there, and wreck your card before even getting started.

The Course

I like playing the course but I disliked being informed to start on the back 9 to later see other golfers start on the front 9. That slowed up the pace of play.

Covington, Georgia