View of the 12th hole at Cherokee Run Golf Club

Cherokee Run Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1995) Ed Seay (1995)

Dress code Shirts with collars & golf shorts/slacks are required. Denim shorts/pants, T-shirts, athletic shorts, swimming trunks/warm-up (sweat) pants are not allowed.

fun and challenging

overall course is in really nice shape. Greens are fast but consistent. Stay below the hole as much as possible. Played in just over 4 hours which is great for a weekend day. Will be back soon.

Commented on 11/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Great weather day

Love playing Cherokee Run. Course is challenging but for me lots of fun. It’s fall and course was in very good shape. Pace of play was ok due to lots of folks on course. Can’t wait to come back.

Commented on 11/18/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

Greens fast and true

Staff was hugely helpful. My friend misplaced his wallet and despite it being after the carts were due in, we were allowed to take a cart and back track to try and find it. Super nice staff all the way around. Bar keep Lindsey was super and everyone could not have been nicer. In case you get these my friend found his wallet deep in his golf bag Thru a torn pocket. May need a new bag. Ha We will definitely be back

Commented on 11/18/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

Nice Course

Beware of holes eight and nine. They can do a number on your score card, especially the tricky eighth. And if your putting stroke needs some work, this is not the course for you. Greens are fast and many undulating. Three putts lurk on at least half of the holes unless you are stiffing the pins.

Commented on 11/04/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! Your feedback is valuable, and we are glad to see you had a great time with the challenges the course provides! We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Run Golf Club thanks you!

Fantastic Course

This was our first time playing Cherokee Run, and we were all very impressed. The condition of the course is outstanding, with Zoysia fairways and Champion Bermuda greens (which can be very quick btw). The course layout is very engaging and good views. On a regular basis we play St. Marlo, Bears Best, and Chestatee, but Cherokee Run is a better course than any of the regulars I just listed. This is a high-end golf course hidden in the middle of nowhere.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Thanks so much for the great 5 star review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Nice place

For some reason. My GPS didn't take me to the front of the building. It left me out in the woods somewhere. They were very understanding and got me on the course a little later than my specified tee time. Some of the locals were brutally slow players who never offered to let us play through. That was the only drawback. Goof course with fast greens. Would play again.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5-star visit! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 10/22/2021

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Gnats gnats and more gnats

The amount of gnats buzzing in your face was unbearable. EVERY single shot, swarms were in your face or buzzing in your ear. The course was nice and great layout, but couldn't enjoy any of it due to the amount of gnats and mosquitoes. Also, course does not drain well judging by how slushy everything was and it being cart path only, and the previous 2 days we had no rain whatsoever. Maybe deserves another chance, in winter, when there are no gnats and mosquitoes.

Commented on 10/14/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as bug management. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 09/30/2021

We are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for your 5-star rating. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 09/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 09/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Run Golf Club thanks you!

Very nice course

For an extra few dollars I’ll happily drive 30 minutes. The course is very nice (a cpl greens need repair but otherwise in very nice shape) and its shorter holes offer challenging approaches. Greens were hot - any power at all and the ball tolls for days. Overall great value for the money - I’ll definitely play here again.

Commented on 10/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you an even better 5-star experience soon. Cherokee Run Golf Club thanks you!

Good course but the back was unplayable due to pace

Got a Friday 11:30 tee time figuring the course would be empty. The course is beautiful and challenging -- great greens and the rough is incredibly tall and absolutely unforgiving, although some spots on the fairway are muddy due to rain.

However, pace was beyond dreadful. My twosome got paired up with 2 other guys who played from the tips even though one of them said "I have only been out on a course four times before." There was nobody in front of us, so we split up after the 5th hole and finished the front in less than 2 hours. When we made the turn, there were SIX people putting on the 10th green. Figured it was a men's league or something so we tried to skip 11 to get in front of them... Turns out they were playing as 6 because there were foursomes on EVERY SINGLE HOLE in the back. We played 9 holes without anybody in front of us, so where did everyone come from?! I think people go into the clubhouse for lunch and the starters don't control who makes the turn when. In 3 hours and 30 minutes we only played 12 holes. Had to abandon because we had other commitments. Will probably not be back

Commented on 10/01/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We would have to look at our sheet to see what exactly happened on that day. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/14/2021

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Excellent course

Cherokee Run was the toughest course I’ve ever played. Most holes had significant elevation changes, multiple obstacles, bunkers surrounding more than half of the green. Fairways were tight, rough was in good condition but deep enough to swallow a ball. Very few areas under repair. Greens were excellent, fast, and most required excellent touch on your approach in order to keep your putt on the green. A good mixture of holes that rewarded long drives, that required small target iron play, and that required a controlled drive. A storm cut my round short so I didn’t get to finish 17 or play 18, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and excellent condition of the course.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Cherokee Run never disappoints

Brought a friend from out of town to Cherokee Run. He was impressed on the first hole. We had to leave after the 13 hole, pace was a little slow and it was a Friday on Labor Day weekend. So pace was to be expected. Enjoyed what we could finish and he wants to play again he comes back to Atlanta.
Friendly Staff that is always eager to help
OH BUT THAT ROUGH IS ROUGH right now!!! Better keep it in the fairway

Commented on 09/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We also appreciate you showing off Cherokee Run Golf Club to your friends. Word of mouth from passionate golfers like you is what allows us to keep the course at the level we do. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We apologize for the pace and wish you and your friend could have finished all 18. Please come see us again soon! Thank you for playing.

Course in great shape.

Course was in excellent shape and the staff is always awesome.

Conyers, Georgia
Lithonia, Georgia
4.2032235294
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Stone Mountain, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.