Cherokee Run Golf Club in Conyers, Georgia, USA | GolfPass
View of the 12th hole at Cherokee Run Golf Club

Cherokee Run Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1995) Ed Seay (1995)

Dress code Shirts with collars & golf shorts/slacks are required. Denim shorts/pants, T-shirts, athletic shorts, swimming trunks/warm-up (sweat) pants are not allowed.

Commented on 08/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000001443078! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Paul090277! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Required several perfect shots

Easy to double a hole from fairways 120 out lol.
I will play this course alot till I can break 80.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hi, steve9273662. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time. You will get there soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Not A Fan

We paid an extremely low green fee by using GolfNow and the fact that there were thunderstorms in the area and we made the reservation on-line just minutes before teeing off. The course was in the second-best condition of all other courses I have played around Atlanta this year. That's about my only positive take-away from Cherokee Run. I had played the course many years ago but didn't remember the layout. The rolling nature of the layout can be extreme at times and you can be guaranteed that with the exception of one or two holes at the most, you are NOT going to get a reasonably flat lie in the fairway. The ball WILL be above your feet or below your feet or on a sidehill lie. The tree-lined fairways make the fairways look quite narrow. The rough...oh my goodness, the bermuda rough was so deep and thick that most of the time youi need a bloodhound to find your ball if you miss the fairway. A scratch or single-digit handicap golfer would find the course enjoyable and challenging. But for double-digit handicap golfers, it will be much more than challenging.

Commented on 07/25/2022

Hi, JDBJDB. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u2946113! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Aerated Greens

As much as I like this course I didn't like learning when I arrived that the greens had been recently punched and were still heavily sanded.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, redweather. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Always Outstanding

It's always a pleasure playing Cherokee Run. It's never fails to live up to it's Championship roots

Commented on 07/12/2022

Hi, uBVLM1246BV. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Almost perfect

Fairways perfect, as usual. Greens rolled fast and true. The only thing keeping the course from a perfect rating was that there were several greens that were so firm that well-hit iron shots bounced over the greens. Most of the greens, however, held shots well.

Commented on 07/12/2022

Hi, pachurchman. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

A Good mountaineious course

It's a good and fun course to play. Undulating greens with very good speed. Some tee boxes and sections of the fairways need improvements. These negatives do not affect the playability and the challenges the course offers.

Commented on 07/13/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Fargorito. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Cherokee Run Golf Club thanks you!

Challenging Course

Course was in great condition and challenging - must try.

Commented on 07/08/2022

Thank you for your review, Merali. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Cherokee Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

It’s Great!

My friends had been telling me to go since I movers here in October. Finally got there with my son on the 4th.
It is a Palmer course, so I knew it would be special, we were NOT disappointed!
I will be going back many times.

Commented on 08/01/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000007755293! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Best deal in town

I play this course 3 times a week The staff is very accommodating. Reasonable rates with the golf course always being in tip top condition

Commented on 07/08/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, teamdrw. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Run Golf Club thanks you!

I’ll Be Back!

The course had been recommended to me be several fellow golfers.
Had a chance to play it with my son on July 4th, all that I expected from a Palmer design.

Commented on 07/08/2022

Hi, u000007755293. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Greens were excellent. Smooth, true and fast. A few tee boxes need work, but course was otherwise in great shape

Commented on 07/08/2022

u894716470, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jorgeva! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hi, rsal2044. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Commented on 07/01/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, DavidS12. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Fast Greens and some blind shot layouts

I found it a tough test if you have not seen the track before or it has been 20yrs like me. The greens were blazing fast and in great shape. My playing partner was not a fan of the course and I was less critical but I agreed #8 is not a great par 5.

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hi, u314162859121. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Cherokee Run Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

In great shape

Love this track. It’s in great condition. Always makes you bring your game or get beat up, but it’s fair

Commented on 07/01/2022

Hi, VanBreezy. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Once and done

I have no real complaints - the course was in decent condition - dry despotic having to dodge sprinklers working on much of the course. good lies in the fairways (I am always surprised to see how many divots are not filled - and there were many) - and the green speed was fair. Bunkers were in poor condition - if players will not fill divots, do you think any would rake a bunker? The real issue - the course was not fun, far too difficult for most golfers with virtually every shot being well above or well below where the shot was hit from. I played with two high handicappers (I am a six) who lost at least a dozen balls between them Uphill shots to greens were beyond their skill level = and they played at 5700 yards.

Commented on 06/24/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000004335697. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Cherokee Run Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Conyers, Georgia
Snellville, Georgia
Lithonia, Georgia
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Stone Mountain, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.