View of the 12th hole at Cherokee Run Golf Club

Cherokee Run Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1995) Ed Seay (1995)

Dress code Shirts with collars & golf shorts/slacks are required. Denim shorts/pants, T-shirts, athletic shorts, swimming trunks/warm-up (sweat) pants are not allowed.

Beautiful

Very nice track, greens were still recovering from punching, but rolled nice. The course was challenging enough but not extremely difficult. The scenery was amazing, every direction I looked was a picture.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating.
I rented some clubs, so I was able to play with some brand new Pings. Definitely, would play it again!

Hidden Gem!

I’ve wanted to play Cherokee Run for a long time, and it didn’t disappoint. The course is in great shape overall, and despite recent aeration, the greens rolled pretty well. Amazing layout with picturesque views from the tee boxes and greens.

Will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/20/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for another 5-star round! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cherokee Run Golf Club.

A Very Challenging Golf Course & in Great Condition

My wife & I have played more than 70 different courses in GA and this course is amongst the top 10.

Beside the challenging layout in lieu to its elevational change, slope play and plenty of hazards & sand bunkers, the conditions of the fairways & green are in great condition. I would give an “excellent” rating if the sand bunkers are properly filled with sufficient sand & raked. As single handicappers, we found the “green” very challenging due to its tight slope and fast roll.

Overall, we loved that there are no houses around, it’s very serene, very well maintained and the staff there are very friendly especially Mr Digno the starter.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Hello and thank you for your review! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon for a 5 star visit, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Very Challenging

I love playing this course. It has some very beautiful holes that are fun to play. Can’t wait to play again.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

One of the areas best kept secrets. This course is always in good shape from the fairways to the greens but still very challenging.

Commented on 07/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 06/29/2021

Commented on 07/06/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Cherokee Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great time

I always enjoy playing this course. The front nine is normally my best side, however this time I play the back pretty well. Looking forward to the next time. The course is always in great shape.

Commented on 07/23/2021

gerry

very pretty golf course in quite good shape except for the sand traps ( they were horrible to put it mildly) you need to pay very good attention to the cart GPS and check the distances for each particular shot, there are several blind shots and the fall off of the fairways is pretty severe at times. I would recommend this course with the above advice

Commented on 06/28/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as bunker conditions. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 06/25/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 06/18/2021

Hello and thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Amazing

This isn’t a perfect course as there are a few washout areas here and there as you get to the edges of the fairways. And I recommend that you consider playing after June 1 when the course has more fully greened up. But either way, the greens are perfect and absolutely amazing - fast and smooth. On almost every green we found ourselves admiring the beauty and architecture that Mr. Palmer encompassed in his design. We include this course on our yearly trip to the Atlanta area and in fact we played it twice this year. Highly recommended.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Hello and thank you for the 5-stars! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please visit us again soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Awesome course at a hreat price

Great course. From tee box to fairway to the green. Great shape. Challenging course great scenery. Friendly staffs.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Every hole is beautiful.

Played here while vacationing near by and was the first one out with a 712 tee time during the week and finished in about 2.5 hours. Even though it rained all night the day before the course was in great shape and greens were in great shape. Even with the morning dew the greens were quick. Would definitely recommend.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Similar to last time

This is a great course layout. The two par 5s on the front are three shot holes - period. Actually, #8 may be more if you cannot draw your tee shot around the corner. The tee boxes were HARD - I broke two tees trying to get them in the ground. The sand is inconsistent in depth which makes some shots more challenging. I putted out of a waste area behind a par 3 because there wasn't enough sand to get a club under the ball. Beyond that, the fairways and greens are spectacular. And the food in the clubhouse was great! Try the homemade chips!

Commented on 06/07/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as tee box and bunker improvements. Thank you for playing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Commented on 06/14/2021

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an even better 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club.

Greens kept rolling

Heavy on the 3 putts today. Still hard to have a bad day a CR.

Great course, friendly staff

Teed off around 8:24. Course in great shape. Staff was friendly and informative.
Will be back

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your review! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Run Golf Club!

Greens are too fast for the slope

Course was in great condition and I really enjoy the course architecture but if you get above the hole it’s extremely difficult to 2 putt.

Conyers, Georgia
Snellville, Georgia
Lithonia, Georgia
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Stone Mountain, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.