Panther Lake: Orange County National

Practice Hole Yes

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 75

As always

It was a good course to play well after the aeration. Pace of play is a constant problem here. Not to mention that no one seems to know how to rake a bunker.

Commented on 06/18/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Orange County National! We hope to see you again soon so we can earn the chance to get 5 stars!

Commented on 06/18/2021

Absolutely Beautiful

Orange County National is a great course. The facilities are impeccable. Walking around inside the club house, I half expected a tour pro to come walking around the corner. The pro shop was gorgeous and the gentlemen behind the counter were incredibly friendly and helpful. The course was equally as impressive. The layout was challenging, but fair. Tee boxes were well kept, fairways had no bare spots, greens rolled well, even though some of them were recently punched. Bunker layouts were very cool, and the water hazards weren't oppressive, but they didn't let you forget they were there. Excellent design, fun course, beautiful facilities. 10/10 would play again.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Thank you for your 5-star review! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Commented on 06/15/2021

Better than expected

Very helpful staff, large driving range, the course was in great condition, greens were fast. I will play here again soon.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Panther Lake at Orange County National thanks you!

Panther Lake

The course is in very good condition. Challenging but fair. Played from the Green Tees. Our Threescore was quicker than the foursome in front of us. So there was some wait time. I would definitely come back. The range is amazing. The best I've seen or used. You can practice without feeling crowded.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Thank you for your recommendation! We here at Orange County National appreciate our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience! We look forward to seeing you out again very soon!

Fair golf challenge

I play OCN regularly because it is among the best central FL has to offer year round. I live here. I’ll be back soon.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Commented on 06/11/2021

Amazing shape

Everything was in amazing shape with fast greens ! Now is the time to get out there and play this amazing course

Commented on 06/11/2021

Overall Best Course.

After playing several courses in the Orlando area, Orange County National Golf, Panther Lake was our favorite. Layout was challenging but very playable. Course condition was in great shape and greens were excellent. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Great experience and look forward to playing it again as well as Crooked Cat.

Pace of play atrocious

We played this morning. It was pretty much wide open except maybe 1-2 groups of 4somes. My group didn’t exactly like it up with 3 members shooting over 100.. we waited on Every single shot and every single hole. They really have to get someone out there to control the pace. It was a 5 hour 8 min round.

Commented on 06/09/2021

Thank you for reviewing Orange County National! We want the opportunity to get 5-stars on your next visit! Please let our staff know how we can make your experience more enjoyable!

Panther Lake

The greens were recently punched and that was the basis for today’s rating.

Rough shape

I’m aware that we haven’t had rain in the Orlando area in over a month but this course is in very poor shape. Greens are absolutely burnt up. Even in the fairways, you could not find grass. Really sad that they still charge full rate considering the condition of this course.

Commented on 05/21/2021

First experience on Panther

First time on panther layout. Other two trips to OCN. I played Crooked Cat.

I enjoyed the layout, although it was helpful to have a local in our fioursome to draw attention to specific features of many of the holes.

Pin placements were brutal, consistently far left or right on very large undulating greens. Ball speed and direction was hampered due to being very grainy. Putts running diagonally through the grain were extremely difficult to navigate.

Suggestion: look at where the tee markers are set on the par threes. From the green markers, every par three, except one fell within a distance between 170 - 177. A little variety would have been welcome.

I marked “Staff Friendliness” as fair because there weren’t many staff members around to interact with. The guy at the bag drop area said two words, the guy in the ProShop said two words, gave me my slip and I was out the door. There was nobody outside to direct me to the Panther layout. Granted, they have signs, but anyone new to the layout could be confused.

The starter at Panther # 1 was very friendly, as was the lady in the snack bar.

All in all, I had a good time with my group and will come back again in the fall, when I return for another golf vacation. Having a green/ white combo on the score card would bring more variety to the round of gold, since it would involve using more clubs in your bag during the 18 holes.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Not Much Fun

No one helped put clubs on carts, staff in Proshop was not friendly or appreciative of the business, the course and tee boxes have a lot of really thin grassy areas, and the pace of play was 4 3/4 hours. Not much fun.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that we did not provide you an appropriate Orange County National experience. We would love the opportunity to discuss your recent visit with you further to personally address the challenges you encountered. Please contact our GM at jbixler@ocngolf.com or 407-656-2626 ext 2221. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you a proper experience soon.

Panther Lake

Great course and challenging layout. Greens were verti-cut and sanded but still worth it. A MUST play!

Commented on 05/06/2021

Commented on 05/06/2021

Fun!

All was great , except aeration of BOTH practice greens on this morning!! Opps!!

Commented on 05/05/2021

Windermere, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.