River Club is a popular Ron Garl-designed golf course famous for its unique moundings and positioning of grass and pot bunkers. Front nine are open with all elevated greens. River Club's back nine at are cut into the woods. There is water on 16 holes.

The River Club Golf Course

Year Built 1988
Greens Jones-Dwarf Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1988)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)
Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

Poor course conditions. From reading previous rescues respondent doesn't seem to handle criticism very well.

Commented on 10/16/2021

This is Tony the course owner. I always give honest replies to all reviews. Your review criticizes the course and me on a personal level, but gives no specifics. The course is in very good shape with the exception of two greens that are clearly being worked on vigorously by our awesome grounds crew. I am getting compliments daily on the course. Tee boxes and fairways are in great shape. All at a great price with the friendliest staff in town. Email me at Tonygreenfield.golf if I can be of further assistance.

Greens Under Repair

Positive, played with my friend and the staff did not charge me for my junior golfer playing with us.
They always have been great to junior golfers.
Not the not so great, half of the greens are under repair, and covered with divot mix. So rolling true putts tough to do.
We even had temporary greens in the fairway… nobody mentioned that. Would have been great to know. Other than that, and a few very wet spots on the course after all the heavy rains we had, in good condition. Fairways looked ok,
Layout is always nice. Course had a birdies and pars out there.

Off the List

Labor Day golf. I understand that generally the course play will be slower, but it was brutal. Waiting 5-10 mins every hole to tee off? No ranger, no cart service, no halfway house open, very poor service. Greens were in horrible condition and it looked like the bunkers hadn't been raked/dragged in weeks, weeds were growing in several fairway bunkers. This course has definitely been neglected. It should be coming into good condition as we approach in season for FL, instead it's going in the opposite direction. Golfed here two years ago and it was quite the opposite. It's too bad, as this layout is nice, just horrible amenities at this point. Go somewhere else until they get their act together.

Commented on 09/09/2021

There was a bev cart on the course. We offer weekend cart service in summer, then full 7 day service October through April. Doing our best to recover from the summer’s excessive rains. The course is being prepped for winter over-seeding and will be in excellent condition as usual. Sorry about the slow play on Labor Day. Tony

Going Back

The staff was very friendly and offered advice about the course. Great layout and fun to play, I used all 14 clubs. I was not a fan of the nines not separated by a turn at the club house. It was very hot, you're not allowed to bring a cooler and there were none on the carts to store purchased drinks. The greens were being punched but that's somewhat expected this time of year in FL. I'll play there again.

Commented on 08/30/2021

We actually DO have coolers available in the bar area that fit on the carts. And we sell cold drinks, and sandwiches to go 7 days per week. We have on course bev cart on the weekends in the summer, and in the winter have cart service 7 days per week, plus the halfway house with hot and cold food for our customers to enjoy. Next time you come to course, please feel free to get a cooler at the bar with your favorite drinks iced down for your convenience.

Course was in good condition overall ( especially the fairways.and tee boxes) but work on greens were in progress, making some unplayable due to sandy areas and bare spots.

Same, same...

I came here about 6 months ago and said I wouldn't play it again for another 6 months. Well, I tried it again this week and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Yes, they just punched the greens but the gouges in the greens and not dressing or draining the bunkers are just a few of the issues that need to be addressed. Every green had issues. The fairways were fine and the tee boxes were ok (just needed a cut). I know we have had some rain recently, but some of these issues were here six months ago. And don't even think about getting any food or other beverages during the week either...no cart service. Water and cups only. I'll give it another few months before trying again.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Some rain? It’s been an absolute drenching! We are having to work very hard with all the water and reduced sunlight. It is stressing out greens at every course in town. The crew is doing an amazing job getting us through this brutal summer. The entire course will look amazing once we dry our a little and get the overseed down for the winter.

Course was not as nice as I remembered it from playing before the Covid crap. Ok for the $23 I paid but I wouldn’t pay $30. Greens weren’t very lush (although they rolled true) and fairways although pretty smooth had a good amount of weeds mixed in. And keep in mind you don’t come back to the clubhouse after front nine. But also no beverage cart out on course. Missing some good money by not having one.

Fun course

Course is challenging.but in good condition There is one temporary green. Clubhouse food is excellent for the money.

Good layout

Tee box to greens are in very good shape. I've played this course a few times and it's in its best shape. Staff is informative and service us well. Hole 17 is under green major repairs can't wait for the finish. Would have given five stars. The layout is fun to play. Recommend for everyone. 19th hole has good food and drinks

Pleasant Surprise

I’m new to the area. Found this course on line and decided to try it. I made a good choice. In good condition, nicely laid out and reasonably priced. I certainly will come back!

Had a great experience at the The River Club, course was in great condition and the course itself is beautiful. The layout is challenging and fun. 17th Green is currently being working on so that would be the only downside. Look forward to coming back.

Hot Deal is a good value; conditions not bad

Although the greens are slow and furry, if you hit good putts, they roll true. None of my missed putts were the fault of the greens. Better furry and green than baked out and dead. Yes there are some very bad spots; in that case play it like GUR. And yes, 17th is temporary.

You can say similar for Blue tee boxes and fairways. A little thick, but plenty of grass, at least.

If you can stand the heat, the $20 Hot Deal is a great value.

Cold water jugs and bathrooms working.

GPS on carts is nice.

Commented on 08/17/2021

An even better deal is to book directly with the course. The price is basically the same, and you can go off way earlier than 2:36. And…you would be supporting the local business which is GREAT for all of our local hard working staff. Check us out at WWW.RIVERCLUB.GOLF

Blue T,s

Tests all your skills club house could be sharper greens were still recovering from seeding still good though some small drainage issues

Greens were punched and sandy, the were unplayable. It also started raining. They did not tell us before we went out or set up a tee time that they were punched. We went in side and ask for our money back and they gave us a rain check minus the 2 holes we played which was rediulous. The guy at the counter was rude and immature.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Resort/Semi-Private
University Park, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.