Type Private
Southern Hills Plantation Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tif-Dwarf
Architect Pete Dye (2006)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is required.

Spa

Fitness

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 12

Perfect place to move to!

Snowbirds! This is THE place. A breathtaking Pete Dye Signature Course in a quiet, peaceful rural location, yet 40 minutes from the Tampa airport!
You can live here and play here for a value that can’t be beat. I was stunned at the quality of the course and checked into membership and real estate close by. Holy Cow!
If you are looking for a winter retreat, this course is for you.
I doubt there’s very many values like this in the whole country!
Great course!

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We take great pride in our customer service and the experience we deliver. Receiving feedback of all kinds is very much appreciated by our staff as we strive to continue to maximize the opportunity you allow us to entertain, and satisfy our guests. However, receiving reviews like yours are the most rewarding, as they reinforce our tireless efforts to deliver an excellent product. Sincere thanks from our entire staff, and we hope to see you again soon.

Awesome course! Beautiful property
Friendly staff

Hampton Golf Management

Really fun layout. Good staff. Fairways wide and greens were easier to hit than some of Pete Dye's family trees greens. The greens here were fair but difficult to putt, lots of subtleties. I'll be back for my revenge

Great Course, Left Thirsty

Course was in great shape and is always a fun challenge. Greens are the best in the area.

We were told there would be a beverage cart on the course, but we only saw her on our second hole and then not again. Coupled with the lack of water coolers (odd COVID precaution), we ended the round dehydrated and hungry.

So, bring your A-game, and your own drinks and snacks and you’ll have a great time!

Florida Advisor

Fantastic as always

This course never ceases to amaze. From the rolling fairways, speedy greens, and impeccable conditions this course is a must play for any locals or visitors. This is unlike any other Florida golf experience. Expect elevation change.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us directly at info@hampton.golf . We look forward to hearing from you.

Our Sincerest Regards,

12/23/2020

Very nice and challenging course. Definitely not a typical Florida layout with elevation changes and rolling hills. Would definitely play again.

Commented on 12/09/2020

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

Is a very excellent course. A little damp due to recent rain that brought the cold front. Beautiful weather. Amenities were great , range, practice greens. Staff were friendly. Course played awesome, will return with a little dryer weather.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Commented on 10/07/2020

Good Afternoon,

We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,

Not your typical Florida course

This course was in great shape and an awesome challenge. The undulation was not typical Florida and seemed like I was playing in the mountains. The only complaint I had is even after hitting awesome shots right in the middle of the fairway, many times I was left with very uneven lies. Either my ball was a few feet above or below myself. Which I understand is the design but I feel that if you hit the middle of the fairway you should be rewarded with an even lie. I am not sure there are any even lies anywhere on this course.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. Thank you again, and we hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Florida Advisor

Above and Beyond expectation

Playing Southern Hills made me truly understand how masterful Pete Dye was with his course architecture. True to typical Pete Dye style, the greens were very undulating and difficult. The routing provided many great holes, with subtle but engaging turns and dramatic elevation changes. The bunkering on the course was phenomenal, several of the bunkers were placed in spots that made it crucial to play target golf. They were even interesting design aspects like bunkers built into large mounds. Playing at Southern Hills Plantation is more like an out of Florida experience. Not many other places in Florida what do you see so much elevation change and feel so much like you are in West Virginia or even the foothills of California for that matter.

My experience with both the restaurant and the pro shop were very pleasant and I was impressed by the size of the clubhouse. If you get the opportunity, you would be a fool to turn down the chance to play Southern Hills Plantation.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Good afternoon,

Crazy price

I have played this course before and there is no course in the Tampa area worth $210 and this course is not a 41/2 star course
I would think people that pay much for this course is CRAZY
The last time I played this course it cost me $55 and at least that was close to what it was worth.

Expensive but nice

This course is always in excellent condition which is propitious to good golf and you will not be disappointed as long as you can afford the ludicrously expensive green fees.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction and your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. Thank you again, and we hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Southern Hills is amazing

First time playing southern hills and I was not disappointed. The course was in great shape from tee to green. The staff was very friendly and this club has everything you could ask for. The carts are the most comfy ride you will ever have. Overall it was a great experience and the cost was a $100 but there’s a lot of other courses that charge more but not as nice

Great Track

This is definitely one of the best courses I have played in the area. Great greens. It’s an actual golf course with full size holes. If you are a low handicapper you can’t misS this track. Well worth the money.

Over priced

The course is very nice but they never have good prices for locales to play it without taking out a loan last year they had some good deals on playing it but not this year and I don’t have any desire to play courses for more than $55

Awesome golf

This was a beautiful course, very challenging and in superb condition. Probably one of the best course I have played ever. Greens are firm and fast. Fairways are tight. Took the first 9 holes to learn how to play the greens. Breaks are going to freak you out when putting. Make sure to walk around and read your putts from every angle or you won’t see the correct read.

Good course

This was a nice course, a little bit pricey based on the difficulty. It took me an hour and thirty minutes to get there and I was hoping it was going to be as difficult as Bella Colina, but it was not.

I also noticed the lack of diversity which made me feel a little uncomfortable but thankfully no one was overtly obnoxious
Overall a good experience but pricey.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Lack of diversity? There are four par 3's, four par 5's and the rest are par 4's. Are you saying there are too many par 4's?

Amazing Pete Dye Exprience.

The Master golf course designer hit a home run with this one. I've played numerous Dye courses and never expected a layout like this in Florida. I wont spoil it with it details....just exprience it yourself. Greens were punched probably a week or two prior to my round, but still rolled fast a true. Bunkers were under repair, but you're supposed to stay out of them anyway....!!

Dade City, Florida
Spring Hill, Florida
Spring Hill, Florida
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Weeki Wachee, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.