Style Desert
del Lago Golf Club

Fairways Bermuda/Rye Grass
Greens Tif Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Dick Nugent (2000) Tim Nugent (2000)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Course in good shape - greens a bit on the slow side- fill the lakes back up - that is awful

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hi, u000003324846. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing del Lago Golf Club.

Course in great shape!

We've played several courses around here lately, and this course is in better condition than the others...including some of the resort courses. Fairways, rough, tees and greens in good shape.
Only downfall was the 19th hole. Service was horrible from the restaurant. Food was good but had to chase down the server to order drinks, to get menus, to get refills of beverages and to get our bill. No one managing the shop. Probably explains why the only other customer in the place was at the bar.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hi, sunview. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 5 stars! We aim for golfers to enjoy every part of their visit so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing at del Lago Golf Club.

Commented on 06/06/2022

u000003346265, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club.

Arizona Advisor

Still One of My Favorites

It was another enjoyable round at del Lago on Memorial Day. I've been playing the course a little more often because they've been offering more decent deals online. I've always liked del Lago because it's not merely a grip it and rip it course. You do use driver, but not all the time. There are multiple options on every hole. Lots of fun. I wasn't on my game today and paid the price for it. Del Lago isn't overly punitive, but you will be punished when you deserve it. I deserved it. Doesn't change my opinion. The greens were a little slow today. It looks like the superintendent is letting them stay a little shaggy to offset the heat. Be aware of that. Some putts came up short early in the round.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, tommyphils. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club!

Disappointed

The course does not seem to be maintained all that weel. There was not a bunker on the course that was maintained with sand. They looked as if you were hit out of a rock quarry. The greens were just ok. The fairways were below best standards. This used to be a beautifully maintained course. Not now. The price was $45 for an afternoon Tee time. That is way too much for having to take a drop out of every bunker. I had great experiences in the past. However, would not play here again until they brought it back to the old standards. The starter was terrific and top notch

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hi, dollarbil! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/06/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000001873621. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club!

Wind Doubles the Challenge

Course was in good shape except for the bunkers, which were mostly hard pan and/or filled with small rocks. The course layout does make you focus on your shots, but with higher winds, this became a major challenge. Overall this course is one of the best in southern Arizona.

Commented on 05/31/2022

Hello, progolfer16. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at del Lago Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Needs love

I have played this course a lot but not much anymore. They don’t do anything for locals so I never feel like I need to support it. Just another place to play. Outstanding layout. Tees and fairways were good, greens were slow but smooth. Bunker issues are well documented and I don’t think they’ll ever spend to renovate. Could take half of them out and not even notice. Overgrown trees and brush will always grow back until they completely remove the vegetation. Great track but overall mediocre condition. Food and drinks are good but they close too soon 8pm M-Sat, Sun close at 4pm. Could be the showpiece of Vail but sadly owners don’t want to invest in equipment, facilities, and course conditions. If you just want to smack the ball not a bad place but lower your expectations first and you’ll have a good time.

Commented on 05/31/2022

Hello, Bill1077530. Thank you for visiting us at del Lago Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course Review

Great course but wish the traps were all sand, free of rocks. Also would love to see carts with GPS capabilities.

Commented on 06/21/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, forfore. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club!

lots of Fun and Beautiful greens!!

only have one thing to say that is -- Sand is very bad ! There is not much sand! lots of rocks. Took ball out a couple of holes. I guess they are having a hard time getting the sand. But otherwise the place is very nice! Great greens, slower than they look?? Will go back as they should lower price as it gets hotter, Out of the four better course we played in four days. Del Lago was the best in always!! started play at 11:20

Commented on 05/09/2022

Hi, uDWSM1968DW! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Challenging Desert Course

Never get tired of playing this track. It always seems like a different course each time I play. I have played this course regularly for the last 6 years and look forward to it each time. Ok

Commented on 05/11/2022

Thank you for your review, tylerti. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at del Lago Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reinvestment Way Overdue

The bunkers are unplayable ground under repair. The greens crew is extremely understaffed and under paid. The cart paths deplorable as well as the parking lot. The amount of unkept areas is poor and should be marked ground under repair.

Greens and fairways acceptable on a very great layout. Course has been let go and needs much maintenance. Its great the desert is being cut back and thinned out, however the branches and spoil are just thrown to the side and is a mess to try and walk or play from. Finnish the Job !!

The problems described are all completely on the ownership and are not the crews fault. Fix the problems or move on and sell this beautiful layout to an entity that will take care of it and have pride in the product presented. Too many folks have tried and don't return. It's wrong to take growth and increased opportunity and pocket all the profit.

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hi, DaviesLake! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Bunkers are gone

I don’t expect perfect conditions, but giving up on the bunkers is not acceptable.
They are slated for repair, but until then, I feel this course can’t compete with other local offerings who either have playable bunkers or are attempting to improve them.
The layout here is fine, other conditions decent.
I would recommend removing all but a few strategically located bunkers to reduce maintenance and avoid a recurrence of these bad bunkers. Until this is done, I’m playing elsewhere.

Commented on 05/04/2022

Hi, tliguore! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Rock hard bunkers

Like every other golf course around this area, the Bunkers are not playable. No sand and grass throughout. Why doesn't someone take the sand from all the over filled runoffs around Arizona and sift it and use it in the bunkers. Its a win, win. The washes get cleaned out and golf courses have sand in the bunkers. Greens were very fast. But the speed seemed to differ from green to green. Fast, slow, fast. Not consistent. No hole layouts on the tee boxes or score cards. Not playing this course before and not having a picture of the hole layout made it frustrating. No coolers allowed but you don't provide one on the carts. We were hoping this was a really nice course like San Ignasio which has coolers with ice provided. I don't feel with the conditions of the bunkers it was worth $67.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello u7654255, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 4 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at del Lago Golf Club.

A must play.

Visit Arizona every year at this time for a month, coming from Oregon .We play most all of the courses in the the Tucson area, under $100 . Del Lago, the course, the staff, have always been a 5 star operation.
Never a disappointment.

Commented on 04/25/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, uBJMZ1402BJ. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. del Lago Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 04/25/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, jim711. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club!

Arizona Advisor

It's Been Too Long

It had been some time since I'd played del Lago, and I've missed it. I've always considered it one of the most intriguing designs in Southern Arizona. It has a great assortment of holes. Lot of risk/reward, and target golf. #1 has an intimidating look, but most others look benign... until they bite you. Even though more homes line the course each day, they aren't right on top of the playing area like other golf course communities. I've always liked that about del Lago. The greens were in excellent condition. With the undulations, they are challenging. The fairways were also in great shape. Hopefully, it lasts through the summer. They do have a tendency to burn up in the heat. The course appears to be much more manicured than it was the last time I played. I did not find any unexpected lies whether I hit a good shot or unleashed a bad one. Course was very fair. The only real negative was the condition of the bunkers. The starter warned us about them prior to play. They are ground under repair-optional. I played out of a couple of them and not every lie is unplayable, but they are an issue. The personnel were very nice. The pro shop, starter, cart girl were all very pleasant. That's greatly appreciated.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Your feedback is important to us, tommyphils. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing del Lago Golf Club.

Good course except>>

Sand Traps were in terrible shape. Very hard! Difficult to hit out of. Staff tells you that as well.

Commented on 04/15/2022

Hello hugoboy, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at del Lago Golf Club.

Commented on 04/13/2022

Hi, u000002335790. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing del Lago Golf Club.

Great layout

The course is one of the best layouts in all of Southern Arizona. The bunkers need work and I am told the course has their overhaul for scheduled.
The refreshment cart has been hampered by supply chain shortages but contains most everything you would want.

Commented on 04/12/2022

Hello, haardrock1141. Thank you for visiting us at del Lago Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Green Valley, Arizona
Green Valley, Arizona
TUCSON | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Starr Pass Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Gila River Hotels & Casinos - Wild Horse Pass and 3 rounds of golf at Whirlwind Golf Club - Cattail and Devil's Claw courses, and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club.
MESA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Mesa Longbow and 3 rounds of golf at Las Sendas Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club & Ocotillo Golf Club.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at a Private Home or Condo rental and 3 rounds of golf at Eagle Mountain, Sunridge Canyon, and We-Ko-Pa (Cholla or Saguaro Course).
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Scottsdale Marriott Old Town and 3 rounds of golf at The Phoenician Golf Club, Westin Kierland Golf Club & Papago Golf Course.