2.3

Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1994

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta

Great find

A little off the beaten track, but we'll worth finding. First impressions were not that encouraging, but the staff are very helpful and friendly. The course is in excellent condition, and the back nine offers some very interesting and challenging holes. Be prepared for some steep climbs!
Nice to see young children being coached on the course, with kids tees on the front nine.

Shocking attitude

I played castle park today with 3 friends with the possibility of taking up membership as we have played the course on several occasions the course itself was ok fairways were gd greens were slow and poorer than previous rounds when we arrived at the course the carpark was pretty full one of our party parked close to some green keeping materials as everywhere else was full we played our round witch cost £30 in my opinion not worth it arriving back at the cars one had a note on it with expletives all over it because where it was parked and if we wanted to do anything about it contact a certain member of staff In the clubhouse to witch we did and again the attitude of certain individual was shocking he pointed out we had parked in correctly to witch could have stated on the note saying so and I'm sure we would have apologised the then said individual mentioned there is an overflow carpark to witch we asked where as we're not from this area so on way back to car park there is no signs to say there is an overflow but if you are there and the car park is full the overflow is a farmers field so just be aware if the car park is full you also might find an expletive note on your car

Fantastic

This Course is one of Scotlands hidden Gems. Sitting past Gifford it offers the golfer not only a great course to play but stunning views with an abundance of wildlife.
The course is well maintained and no matter the weather always a joy to play, it has challenging holes that are varied and allow you to use all the clubs in your armoury.
The staff are always friendly and are there to support and help you enjoy the superb facilities.
If you get a chance....play this course!!

Will definitely be back

Played here when the weather was quite poor but the course held up well. Absolutely loved the back 9, some of the holes were really picturesque. The front 9 was pretty straightforward but still enjoyable. The service at the clubhouse was the best I’ve had at any course, the owners were very friendly and food was great. I’ll definitely be back to play here again, and for another of their great toasties! 10/10 would recommend.

Enjoyable round

Great value. I have payed a lot more to play at courses that aren’t as good as this. Nice course with some quirky holes. The surroundings is stunning and peaceful, with the sound of nature as the back drop.

Nice location, greens could be better

Nice location, greens could be better, got held up at 9th stuck being 3 4 ball players, who then decided to merge to make an 8ball, so decided to play front 9 again instead. I think there is better courses around so won't be returning anytime soon.

Great Greens

Nice parkland course, in a great country setting. The greens (esp for March) were in superb condition; although the tees, fairways, etc weren’t in great shape (yet).

The back nine is pretty hilly, with some good challenging and interesting holes. The course is ideal for a friendly practice round.

Grand day out

Nice course. 2nd nine hilly but better laid out. Weather was good with excellent views of East Lothian

Great experience

We had a great time. The course was really impressive and the views on the back nine are stunning. The front nine is solid but doesn't really prepare you for the back 9. It is a hard walk but so well worth it and the two par3s are so tough. The welcome in the clubhouse was brilliant and it should be played if you are in the area

18 great holes

First time playing Castle Park and wasn’t disappointed.
First nine are all playable/enjoyable holes. Back nine are all visually stunning and really enjoyable holes!
Greens need rolled and a bit of growth but course is in great condition.

Great morning out

Played in the sunshine. I liked the course. It's excellent for the higher handicap...not too hard but testing, with a good range of different holes. Would definitely play again, it's very good value for money

Great

Although the club is under construction, it is part of a 4 year plan that they are 2years into, I found the club to be homely and welcoming from the moment I stepped through the door, enjoying every second of the course with the rolling hill views everywhere you looked, the 12th hole, par 3 looking straight into a steep hill. Unless you play it you will not understand how steep this is. Course was the right amount of challenging. Would recommend to anyone and will be starting my membership soon.

Loved this family run course

I just loved this place from the moment we walked in this family could not have done enough for us.
I would highly recommend this place I think in a couple of years this course will be one of the best around.

Well worth playing

I played a 4 ball here on Monday night ,staff excellent ,helpful,and very friendly,
COURSE =was well looked after it is 2 years into a 4 year programme to improve it , to me it was fine yes the greens needed a bit of tlc but were all playable fairways were great ,second cut was punishment if you went into them as they should be , don't think this is a stroll in the park though ,some tough holes ,and some long par 4s ,this course is well worth playing I think it would test anybody ,we all agreed to come back soon loved the 11th and 12th these 2 are something else .
overall verdict brill can't wait to go back and play this

Course being rebuilt.

The staff were very friendly and did inform me that the course was going through a 4 year rebuild at which it was stated they were 2 years into this rebuild. However I would have expected the course to be in better condition. The fairways needed the grass cut and the greens were extremely bare and spiked and almost unplayable. I did enjoy my round but would not go back until I was convinced that the standard of the course had improved immensely,

Great Potential

Excellent course layout, particularly first 9. Greens under a 4 year improvement program with 2 years to go, so still a bit rough. Clubhouse in final stages of refurbishment. Food good. Staff extremely friendly.

Golf in Scotland

My wife and I love this golf course very much because that's a typical place were you play golf in Scotland. The owner family was very friendly and helpful. The food delicious and I personally enjoyed my glas of single malt after 18 holes. Yes, the greens still need some work... but no complains at all. I strongly recommend to try this golf course...

Gifford, East Lothian
Haddington, East Lothian
4.0195294118
Longniddry, East Lothian
3.7720588235
Dunbar, East Lothian
Gorebridge, Midlothian
Dunbar, East Lothian
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at The 5* Old Course Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Old Course, Jubilee, Crail, Carnoustie, Dumbarnie Links and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.