Type
Castle Park Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1994

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta

Loved this family run course

I just loved this place from the moment we walked in this family could not have done enough for us.
I would highly recommend this place I think in a couple of years this course will be one of the best around.

Well worth playing

I played a 4 ball here on Monday night ,staff excellent ,helpful,and very friendly,
COURSE =was well looked after it is 2 years into a 4 year programme to improve it , to me it was fine yes the greens needed a bit of tlc but were all playable fairways were great ,second cut was punishment if you went into them as they should be , don't think this is a stroll in the park though ,some tough holes ,and some long par 4s ,this course is well worth playing I think it would test anybody ,we all agreed to come back soon loved the 11th and 12th these 2 are something else .
overall verdict brill can't wait to go back and play this

Course being rebuilt.

The staff were very friendly and did inform me that the course was going through a 4 year rebuild at which it was stated they were 2 years into this rebuild. However I would have expected the course to be in better condition. The fairways needed the grass cut and the greens were extremely bare and spiked and almost unplayable. I did enjoy my round but would not go back until I was convinced that the standard of the course had improved immensely,

Great Potential

Excellent course layout, particularly first 9. Greens under a 4 year improvement program with 2 years to go, so still a bit rough. Clubhouse in final stages of refurbishment. Food good. Staff extremely friendly.

Golf in Scotland

My wife and I love this golf course very much because that's a typical place were you play golf in Scotland. The owner family was very friendly and helpful. The food delicious and I personally enjoyed my glas of single malt after 18 holes. Yes, the greens still need some work... but no complains at all. I strongly recommend to try this golf course...

Great Potential

I had heard very good things in the past about the club and course and on arrival was surprised to find out that it had recently been bought over as a result of it nearly closing a few years ago. The front 9 was longer and more challenging in the wind while the back 9 was great fun and had a number of wonderful and interesting holes; the greens throughout were poor condition but will improve in time i'm sure. The course was empty and seemed to be in a bit of a transitional phase; hopefully in time it will get a lot of people playing golf on it as it has great potential.

Value for money

Very friendly warm welcome. Greens need a number of years to get in to tip top conditions. Most holes on the course are very forgiving. Fairways are wide. Not that many hazards. Good for someone like myself who goes round in approx. 96. I would go back as the owner was very friendly. The course was quiet and we had no one chasing us. It made us all relax more. The 12th hole is heart attack hill. We all had a good day and hop to return soon

You will wish to come back soon, this is a very enjoyable golf course

I joined Castlepark in 1994 just after it opened originally, I' ve always enjoyed the course, Pam and Craig have made serious improvements, and will always give you a warm welcome. The second nine is a treat, the first nine is challenging in the wind, especially on the first hole! Good luck, enjoy!

This is a really nice course but the greens weren't that great.

Excellent weather

GOLFING WIZARDS WILL LOVE THIS COURSE

If you are a golfing wizard there is no better place to conjure up those trick shots as the area is spell binding in beauty and steeped in wizard folklore. They'd be goblins ha ha. The Gleneagles of East Lothian I have heard it said; a fair point , I concur.. Certainly a witches brew of diversity especially the back 9 as you near the castle in the mature tree lined ravine bordering the course. I chomped on an occasional mushroom picked from the fairway to my sons horror "Dad what are you doing?" I know my mushrooms but I would not recommend it if you don't. The magic ones I left alone. There was enough magic here anyway and I was on fire. My son too it be said whom loved the course and played his best game. At 16 that is not hard and he was offered junior membership for the year by the amiable hosts at £60. That is an awesome price and a great way to ween him off the computer games. They are big on junior development here.
The long 550 yard par 5 9th hole (whom my son believes should be a par 6) and the dramatically undulating dog leg ravine par 4 17th are standouts.

Gifford, East Lothian
Haddington, East Lothian
Longniddry, East Lothian
Dunbar, East Lothian
Gorebridge, Midlothian
Dunbar, East Lothian
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.