Type
Shotts Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1922
Architect James Braid (1936)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar

Clubhouse, Lounge, Locker Rooms

Loved it.

Great course...really nice condition greens fast. First time I played it and will be back..made to feel very welcome by the Pro and Club house staff and also a couple of members we chatted too. Would highly recommend.

Fantastic golf course. Everyone from the Pro shop, restaurant staff and members were very welcoming and the course is a joy to play. I will definatelt be back in the future for another round.

Avoid

Was due to play & Shotts today. I booked a tee off time via golf now. When I reported into the pro shop 25 mins prior to the booked time, I was told that the club wouldn’t let us play. This was due to non members not being permitted to play at the weekends.

Extremely frustrating given GN is advertising tee times for Shotts most weekends - surely the club would put a block of some sort on the site.

The club were not bothered about this and simply just turned both us away as if it was nothing.

Seriously poor from both GN, and Shotts.

Very good

Very nice course. Couple very hard holes but nothing too major that should put anyone off. First time playing it and would definitely change the way I played some holes but the actual course is very good

Friendly staff

Guy in the pro shop was really nice and accommodating. We turned up early and he managed t fit us in early tee time.

Really nice course.

Very friendly young lad at the Pro Shop, his pleasant helpful manner and a good warm welcome sets up the whole experience. Yeah it was wet, Shotts isnt the best for drainage, but it's a course I know well and it's just the right balance of challenge and reward. Hilly in places but nice views of the Lanarkshire countryside and some lovely driving holes.....the 6th and the 11th stand out for me. Greens were let down by some standing water but in the main were receptive to confident putting. Definitely 9ne 9f my favourite courses.

First time playing

First time at Shotts GC, yet been living 15 mins away from it for 9 years! We played it a very heavy downpour earlier that morning, and yes, there were some very wet patches, but got to say, the course held up well!
I could see the drainage issues they had, and ground was squelchy underfoot, but not 1 plugged ball, despite a few skied shots.
Loved the layout, and the holes had to be thought about, especially for position off the tee with small greens, and pins tucked behind bunkers.
Weather stayed nice, and a with our early start, had a brisk game. Pro was friendly and helpful. Greens were a good pace, and true. Will be back for sure!

Great find

This course is extremely good challenging but fair and not too long. The pace of play was excellent and the course staff were very welcoming. Only marked down the off course facilities as these are currently closed so unable to gauge

Good course for novice

Really enjoyed my morning at Shotts with course in remarkable condition given recent amount of rain which is testimony to the staff.

Definitely will be back

Coming home

I grew up in this former mining town, but left when I was 17. As a boy I used to play with my pals - the course seemed a lot longer then. 40 years on the course has matured in many ways, but has not lost its charm and it’s challenging layout and tightness. The fairways could do with clearing if recent grass cuttings and the greens are as difficult to read as ever. That said, my cousin who lives in Shotts and I had a great afternoon navigating the challenges that Shotts has in abundance. Also in abundance are Abandoned golf balls around the course and unfortunately quite a bit of litter. That’s said it was cathartic picking both up and did not detract from a long overdue return. Thank you fir a memorable round at Shott.

The course is very challenging

Really enjoyable course with some tricky green positions . Staff where very welcoming.
Finding the T off for hole 17 was also challenging so would benefit from a sign post .
This course was well managed from course maintenance .with greens great to putt on .

Shotts

Cracking course, good layout, 4th hole is so brutal.

A great course to play on.

I was meant to play here through golf now booking on 10 sept but course was closed due to rain and guy in pro shop at shotts couldn't contact me as I had put one less digit in my contact number. He told me they would give me a round for same price as golf now. I was happy to here this.
I phoned up to sort out a new booking and they told me they would give me a free round for inconvenience of coming out for my round that was cancelled due to rain. I was very happy about this.
So I booked my free round for 17 Sept and I loved the whole experience. The staff member I spoke to was a nice guy and the other members I had pleasure of speaking to were all nice. The course was in great condition, great layout, good blind holes, lots of tricky challenges and beautiful views.
I got my best score as well on only my 8th course and let the guy in pro shop how I found the course and it was my best score. He even offered me a membership if I wanted to join. I'm now considering this but still hoping to play some more courses on golf now and gain some more experience. Just enjoying as much course time as I can at the moment.
I would recommend shotts to anyone for a challenge and a good day out.

Fauldhouse, West Lothian
Bathgate, West Lothian
Bathgate, West Lothian
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
Orbiston, North Lanarkshire
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at The 5* Old Course Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Old Course, Jubilee, Crail, Carnoustie, Dumbarnie Links and Kingsbarns.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.