Shorecliffs Golf Club in San Clemente, California, USA | GolfPass

Greens Poa Annua Grass
Architect Joe Williams

Amazing Food 8

Be Aware

Be prepared that this isn't the old Shorecliffs. The course is under a major upgrade so your GPS watch may not sync with the righty hole. They do have new carts finally. The staff are new and are eager to help. They mean it when they say you will be taken off the course if you bring in alcohol. They Marshall's are helpful with course navigation and pace of play. Take plenty of balls and be prepared to lose them. We played there twice in the past two weeks so this is my observation over those two times-just sayin..

Construction constant

It's amazing they've been working on this course for years now doesn't seem like they're making any progress

Hidden Gem

We always love Shorecliffs Golf course. Perfect weather close to the beach with some awesome views! There's a bit of construction going on now but it's a great course at a very affordable price.

Good value

Course is getting better and better with improvements on various holes.

future looks real good

I am the type of player that cannot walk up to course and play without practicing first. it just does not work for me. driving range putting green etc. I think the future looks good except for that ugly buliding right in front of you, and only a couple of nets to practice? I have been play this course since 1964 when I was a junior member. I wish you well.

Never again

Used to play this course all the time. New ownership has made this place unbearable. Be prepared to have your bags searched and your group harassed by the marshals and nosey cart girl. Honestly felt like we were golfing at a prison! Oh and the course is an absolute dog track, same construction going on since 2016!

Until December

I'll come back after all the construction is finished .

Poor Customer Service, Disrespectful Management

Used to be a fun place to golf. My high school group and I like to play there 3-4 times a year. This morning (Sat 6/11) after checking in and paying an employee asked if we had any outside alcohol in our coolers. We said no. They asked to inspect our coolers. Our friends ahead of us said ok and they tried to confiscate their five beers. They agreed to take their alcohol back to the car. They asked to inspect my cooler and I politely said no.

At the second tee box a guy with a walkie -talkie came up on us and confronted us. He said we was going to have security take us off the course. He said he wasn't going to tolerate golfers mistreating his employees. I told him (he said he was the General Manager) that I was very polite when I didn't give permission to search my cooler.

He took a step toward me and took his sunglasses off (oh no!) and said he wasn't going to allow people to break the rules of the golf course and being in outside alcohol. I explained that I bought five shots of Fireball last time for $40 and was drinking those and could show him the receipt on my phone. After acting like a tough guy we parted ways.

There are 30 other public golf courses in Orange County. Don't play Shorecliffs. You won't be treated with the respect you

It’s Getting There…

The course is undergoing major renovations that In time will result in a fun, interesting track. For now it’s wonky, with some holes closed and others halved into two. Machinery noise is seemingly everywhere on the course. Still, it is a good value considering the outrageous cost of green fees elsewhere. And the staff is as usual really friendly.

Fun Course

Partially under construction. Configuration is a little bizarre because of it. But the fairways and greens are well maintained. Course is not long and fairly easy. A very good value for a pleasant afternoon of golf.

Disrespectful management.

Do yourself a favor and look at the reviews. If you don’t want to be harassed, searched, controlled and or disrespected, avoid this place. One person in our group brought one beer, one beer in his golf bag. So sorry! The man who said he was the GM scolded him aggressively and literally asked him to read the literature on the golf cart out loud, which his request was denied. Who asks that? The GM then came to my cart and grabbed my energy drink out of my cup holder. Stating I was breaking the rules and it wasn’t allowed. As he then realized it was an energy drink, he was so kind to return it to me. We apologized, moved on and let it go. All to only be watched and hovered over by another employee with his fancy Walkie-talkie next hole. Clearly assigned to us by the GM. The employee literally watched us play a full par 4, standing within 65ft at every step. He then came over to my cart and grabbed my energy drink!! This is now the second time, two different staff. Not realizing it’s just an energy drink he was so kind to let me have it back, again. Get a grip GM! Pathetic. So many other options to play in OC. We will see how far your poor service and disrespectful manners get you. It’s almost laughable. The course was in poor condition as well. Sad.

Course is being renovated but still worth the money.

I enjoyed the course alot. They are doing some major work to some of the holes. I played this course knowing there was renovations happening so it did not bother me at all. Looks like it's going to be even better when it's all done. The course was challenging with tighter fairways on some holes. A few elevated greens made it interesting. Greens were small but in good shape. Fairways were good as well I didn't hit off dirt once like my usual course I play. If you can handle work equipment, which doesn't bother me, then this course it definitely worth it. My brother and I had a great time there.

Good overall, especially while under major construction and with recent punching of greens.

San Clemente, California
Laguna Niguel, California
Mission Viejo, California
Laguna Beach, California
Mission Viejo, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club (Legends & Champions Courses) & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.