Echelon Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport Grass
Golf Season November – March
Architect Rees Jones (2006) Steve Weisser (2006)

Golf Simulator Yes

Tennis

Nice challenging course

Kind of cold and gloomy BUT it is the middle of winter

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, Flyboy330. Thank you for visiting us at Echelon Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Echelon - Ok, but error booking

Echelon is a good place to play. Pro shop staff member could have been better but was ok. Be careful with GolfNow app and making sure you book for the correct amount of golfers. I mistakenly booked for 1 when I thought I was booking for 4 because I changed time mid-order. User-error on my part but frustrating and then pro shop staffer was a little terse about the whole thing but he fit us in later and it was fine.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, MarkWL755. Thank you for visiting us at Echelon Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

cart path only

Don't play this course when it is cart path only.. Too hilly and too long, makes for a long day. Actually took 3hours to play 10 holes, at which point I quit. I don't have time for 6hour rounds of golf. It is like this every time I play here.

Commented on 01/22/2021

Hello, u00000296306. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Pick your poison

Echelon offers a challenging but beautiful layout whether you are a scratch golfer or 20 handicap. I am on the upper end and enjoy playing from the white tees. The bunkers were pretty bad but we’ve had so much rain I think they probably were washed away. All in all echelon is one of my favorite courses when I’m up for a challenge

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hi, mrdennard. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, rhandw! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Tough day when cold

This course was literally frozen. Drop your putter on the green and sounds like concrete. The course slope rating from white tees is rated much lower than it should be. Minimum of 4 holes travel steep uphill to blind greens. This course is not recommended for handicaps >12. Otherwise a very interesting layout. I will play it again....when it warms up.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, PDCobb! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 12/27/2020

Hello, aberpara. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, stevesjs! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, manishgolf! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Bill Gregory

Outstanding value. Have played 40 years. They have one of the most unique Par 5’s I have ever seen

Commented on 12/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, georgiablue! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Fun Course!

I have played this course many times. It’s a fun course and great layout. The conditions are always good. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 12/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tripebo! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Course to myself

Teed off at 9:40 on an exceptionally cold and windy day right after it rained. Course was a little wet but nothing too bad, drains well. Greens were receptive and some of the best I have ever played. Rolled incredibly true with hardly any old pitch marks to be seen. Course to myself pretty much, didn’t see anyone until hole #6 and that was only because I saw them teeing off on #1. Lots of hazards on this course, I play blues most other courses however I played from the whites and still found it very challenging to make a par. Love this course and come back any chance I get.

Commented on 12/21/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jtleabo! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

John

Fantastic crew at Echelon, from the bag boys, to the Professional golf shop staff, to wait staff and the fantastic food offerings.

The golf course is a tier 1 course for the top golfers. If you have a handicap of less that 10 this course is a must play. Long carries to decent sized fairways with not too many flat lies. Greens are in great shape that you can tell have been recently rolled.

It was a little wet with cart path only. The hills and valleys make it difficult to walk from the cart to the fairways and greens. I strongly encourage those who can't maneuver too well to only play Echelon when its not cart path only.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u351677352! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Great Track in North Atlanta Exurbs

Love this place! The course runs through a fairly new gated community of massive homes with plenty of buffer between the course and backyards.

Challenging course with many elevation changes. You will use every club in your bag. Many forced carries, and elevated greens, do not miss on the wrong side.

Clubhouse is very nice and the food is good.

Commented on 11/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u548601312! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Fantastic

You can’t find better golf in GA. Everyone super friendly and the course was immaculate. Seriously can’t wait to go play again.

Commented on 11/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Andy171717! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Always great conditions.

This course always out performs my expectations! Although it’s tough to keep the leaves off the course in the fall only one hole really needed to be blown. The fairways were firm and short, the rough was deep reasonably deep. The greens ran true and quick and they were very receptive, still firm and not spongy but absorbed the approach shots well. Be prepaid for Un level lies, especially if you miss the fairway. This course tends to play a little shorter than the yardage due to the massive elevation drops on several holes, however it makes up for those downs on a few holes. One of my favorite courses to play. Barely see other groups, pace was right at four hours and we took our time, tried a second ball/shot more than once as nobody was pushing us, probably could have been 3.5 hours easy. I Love playing here. If it was closer I would be a member.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Johns04hoe! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Mike’s review

Excellent experience at Echelon. Very well maintained course and pace of play was excellent. I can see why this course is rated the top public course in Atlanta, well worth playing.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Mike1206655! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Spectacular views with golf as a bonus!!

One of the most visually stunning parkland courses I've ever played. The topography changes, lakes, foliage and contour of the holes was breathtaking! We played in a driving rainstorm and I didn't mind due to the visual experience. Six sets of tees allows every golfer to find a challenge level to suit their needs. This is a MUST PLAY in the Atlanta area.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000002379178! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Great Golf Course

Played on 11/7/20. Day was a little windy. The course was in great shape as always. Greens were fast and true stimping around 12. The staff was great. I had the best breakfast biscuit i've had in a long while. I had a great time on a great course. If you want to play a course that is always in great condition, play here. Make sure you pick the correct tees. If you don't, you will be in for a long day.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ralphmyers! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Canton, Georgia