Echelon Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport Grass
Golf Season November - March
Architect Rees Jones (2006) Steve Weisser (2006)

Golf Simulator Yes

Tennis

Nice track

I was entertaining clients. Best public course to do this

Second time even better

Really enjoyed our Saturday evening round with my family - even better than the first time. Good pace of play, good conditions, and the bunkers were MUCH better conditioned this time. Once again good layout, but second time around made it a bit easier to know where to bail out and where to avoid. Definitely will play here again.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Bring your Game

This is one of the best courses near my home. It is a first class run operation. The course was in excellent condition. We were never rushed.

Commented on 06/17/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Echelon Golf Club!

Hills and Slow

Bring your hiking boots because you are going to need them. Overall really nice course, but it’s a workout. I would not even think of walking this course. I was a single playing on a hot and humid day in late afternoon so I expected to sweat. Course looked empty so thought I’d get through pretty quick. One 4-some allowed me to play through but caught another 4-some on the back 9 and basically waited 5-10 minutes for every shot for the last 6 holes. Played it cool as it’s not my job to explain etiquette. Probably should have jumped a hole to pass but I don’t feel like that should be required at a higher end course. Overall I probably won’t be back, which is unfortunate given that holes 1-12 I thoroughly enjoyed even with all the HILLS!!

Commented on 06/16/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Echelon Golf Club thanks you!

A gem of a course and a tough test...

Echelon is one of my favorite Atlanta-area golf courses.
The course was in great shape, the tee boxes were the best around, the fairways were tight, and the bent grass greens were fast and very challenging.... probably running at 13-14 on the stimpmeter! My son and I must have lipped out at least 12 putts! Overall, a fabulous course with lots of elevation changes. This is a huge golf course and it's not built for walking...at least for me! They also sport a great bar and grill room. Highly recommended!

The only issue...when we pulled into the club drop-off area in front of the clubhouse and I handed the attendant a tip to pull our clubs from my truck bed to load on the golf cart. Once I pulled away to park, they didn't close the tailgate. Once I moved it slammed down making a huge noise. They never said "Thanks" for the tip... nor did they apologize for not closing the tailgate properly.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us!. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Echelon Golf Club thanks you!

Back Nine is Hilly

Very challenging, a couple holes really played long, possibly unfair, but overall great course, interesting contrast from front to back. Enjoyed the round.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Commented on 06/10/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Echelon Golf Club!

Fantastic Experience

Enjoyed a wonderful Friday evening round at Echelon with my daughter. Wonderful hospitality, and a good test of golf. The only complaint might have the been the conditions of the bunkers - typical of a public fee course, some people are just too lazy to properly rake the bunkers, but at the end of the day - somewhat expected. Fairways, tees, and greens were very nicely conditioned, and the views were tremendous. I appreciate the course being right in front of you with no tricked up goofy golf holes. The pin positions were challenging with large greens to receive short and long approach shots. Green complexes were top notch with lots of bail out for longer approaches - definitely plenty of room for errant shots. I don't walk very often, but you would have to be in really good shape to traverse this course. A beautiful piece of land that has been shaped nicely into a challenging and fun layout. Always been a Rees Jones fan - this course is good testament to his pragmatic and challenging architecture. Can't wait to return and hopefully score a bit better.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Echelon is a Great Course

Staff is wonderful and the course is in GREAT shape. Grounds Keeper and his staff do an amazing job. All the people who work inside the facility are friendly and welcoming.

Commented on 06/10/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

A great course, but...

Echelon is a big boy layout with a very challenging yet enjoyable routing. Some of the views are incredible, and the staff is extremely polite. I enjoy playing here as it is one of the best tests of golf around the Atlanta area, and rivals many of the very best. The course was in excellent shape except for one area...the bunkers. I experienced two greenside bunker shots where there was no sand at all and had to play shots basically off hard pan. A third bunker shot by a playing partner stayed up on the side of a bunker on Hole 14, and was impossible to play as the loose sand was collapsing making the shot impossible. Bunkers should be a penalty, but not penal. The upkeep of this course is immaculate, however, the bunkers need to be kept consistent, and commensurate with the condition of the rest of the course. For this price, this layout, this experience, I expect better when the occasional errant shot finds its way into the sand.

Commented on 06/01/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Really Nice Course

This course was recommended to me & I was really impressed by the quality of the facility & the course. The course was pretty challenging, but fair from the white tees as suggested by the other single player I was paired with. The address is Alpharetta, but it is pretty far North but worth the drive!

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Really Nice Spot

Definitely a course to come back & play again. A challenging layout with a few birdie hole opportunities. A hidden gem. The entire course including the green were in great shape. Four or five cart path only holes due to recent rain wasn’t great on a first time player.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Commented on 05/25/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 05/27/2022

Beautiful Course, tough tee shots

Really nice course. Pat 3s and par 5s are difficult so scoring is at a premium here. Lots of sand/OB on most tee shots. There are a lot of bailouts for my fellow right handed faders though. Sand was basically mud around the greens from the early morning sprinklers but dried up nice. The course needs a ranger to speed up play. Tee boxes were hit or miss but the golf course is working on sanding and fixing. Greens and fairways were perfect.

Commented on 05/21/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 05/21/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 05/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Echelon is a good challenge

Always like Echelon. Fun layout. Long but wide fairways and large greens allow some forgiveness. One of my favorite greater Atlanta tracks for sure. One disappointing thing this time - bunkers were pretty bad. Looked like no maintenance has been done for quite a while. Impacted my score a bit. Otherwise, another enjoyable round at Echelon.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club.

Canton, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia
Woodstock, Georgia
Holly Springs, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.